The Student Room Group

Do any of you feel like this?

I'm 18 years old and I can't think of the rest of my life, i.e. next 18 years, don't know why :frown:

especially, marriage and children... well I'm only a teenager, but it seems like one day, I will be a mum! :eek: scary I know, anyone else feel like this? :frown:

Don't get me wrong, I don't see myself as a mum? :s-smilie: maybe I'm just too young! getting old is scary and tbh, the only reason why I even celebrate my birthday is because it's the day I was born! :smile: although I'm also sad at the same time, because I'm getting old! does anyone else feel like this on their birthdays?

I have two questions for you all! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Why do you have to be a mum in the next 18 years?
If you can't see yourself being a mum, then don't be one. There's nothing worse imo, than a non-maternal woman having children despite her missing the wanna-be-mum gene.

I couldn't see myself as a mum when I was 18. I'm 24 this year and still don't want to be a mother. It's really not that big a deal!
Reply 2
Don't even bother thinking about it. Just let life flow as it is, the feelings might come later in life.
Reply 3
l have felt like that too and I am also 18. I went through a spell of 3 months of being like that at one stage.

I think it is perfectly normal to feel like it though. 18 is still young after all.
I'm a bit like that, but then realise there are more important things to worry about in real life.
teen angst?
naaaah, tried it once, didn't like it.
Reply 6
i dont even like thinkin about tomoro let alone 18 years time:|
Reply 7
I never want to be a mum
Reply 8
get on with what you're meant to be doing... i personally would love to be in a situation of having loads of disposal income to start a family...but thats me. FOR NOW IT IS C3 and UNIT 4 CHEM lol. just be you and live your life with some sorta orginisation, i dont like it when 16-17 year old girls from council housing get pregenant, and thats it. chances of achieving something in life is drastically reduced.
your views atm are good for you getting the strong foundations in life before you start a family. once you have children its obvious you will want the best for them :smile:
sweetgyal24
like what :p:

Finance, family issues, work, children etc. etc.
Reply 10
TheMeister
Finance, family issues, work, children etc. etc.

I'm doing A2's
Reply 11
Ilora-Danon
If you can't see yourself being a mum, then don't be one. There's nothing worse imo, than a non-maternal woman having children despite her missing the wanna-be-mum gene.

I couldn't see myself as a mum when I was 18. I'm 24 this year and still don't want to be a mother. It's really not that big a deal!

I wont let it bother me! thanx :smile:
eveyone has to get older so stfu whinging about it, do what you want to do ie haaving a child ages 20 or 40 or never at all and enjoy your life
Anonymous
I'm doing A2's

Oh, I know :h:

I'm speaking broadly about issues that affect young people after college.
Reply 14
nnnomi
Don't even bother thinking about it. Just let life flow as it is, the feelings might come later in life.

ok, I'll try :smile:
Reply 15
TheMeister
Oh, I know :h:

I'm speaking broadly about issues that affect young people after college.

sorry I misunderstood! :smile:
I've never been able to imagine myself married with kids. I just don't think about it. :h:
Reply 17
Ilora-Danon

I agree. No one is forcing you into motherhood. There are plenty of other things to enjoy in life; some people simply don't want to be parents.
Reply 18
Mr.Singh
get on with what you're meant to be doing... i personally would love to be in a situation of having loads of disposal income to start a family...but thats me. FOR NOW IT IS C3 and UNIT 4 CHEM lol. just be you and live your life with some sorta orginisation, i dont like it when 16-17 year old girls from council housing get pregenant, and thats it. chances of achieving something in life is drastically reduced.
your views atm are good for you getting the strong foundations in life before you start a family. once you have children its obvious you will want the best for them :smile:

Mr.Singh

hey, I know what you mean when young girls get pregnant at that age! :eek: (I'm not pregnant), just felt as though I had to say this :eek3: I've got to become something in life first, a goal or ambition if you like :smile:
Reply 19
msarrakc
I agree. No one is forcing you into motherhood. There are plenty of other things to enjoy in life; some people simply don't want to be parents.

your right:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending