The Student Room Group

Feel very angry and confused

I'm so angry at this i need to share! It's so bad its putting me off doing some uni work which i enjoy.

This guy in my year, pretty much took advantage of me about 9 months ago, and has been screwing around with other girls in the year since also. It got to the point that when i didn't text back within 5-10mins he'd call me, or send me like 20 messages..and really freaked me out. Turned out he was seeing another girl at the same time anyway. We've not spoken to each other since, i just feel disgusted mainly at myself every time i see him. He just sent me a message on facebook telling me that it's "silly" i'm not talking to him and would like to be friends and go out sometime, followed by a shed load of kisses and his number :rolleyes:.

He doesn't know why i just suddenly ignored him (when i got majorly freaked out by his attention-seeking and was also seeing another girl in the year, who is oblivious to it all) and why i find him so disgusting and repulsive (He's messed around with many other girls this year, tells them to keep it 'secret' as he doesn't want gossip round uni, uses the same phrases..just a basic player) and also i found out he lied on many occasions, oh and my friend saw him campaigning with the EDL a few weeks ago too! If i'm honest i dont want anything to do with him, i'm happy to speak to him as a professional, maybe at work but i'd rather have nothing to do with him if life went my way, let alone be friends with him.

I deleted his message as soon as it appeared, however am I being petty? I really want to tell him exactly why i dont want anything to do with him, but i dont want the drama or hassle..i'm going to carry on ignoring him and let him get on with his little own fantasy world, but my friends have told me i'm being immature and should atleast attempt to be friends!!!!

Views?
Subcutaneous
(He's messed around with many other girls this year, tells them to keep it 'secret' as he doesn't want gossip round uni, uses the same phrases..just a basic player)

Sounds like what happened in that film, John Tucker Must Die :p:

In all honesty, I'd be tempted to tell him what a **** he is, how you know what he's like and that you want nothing to do with him. And delete him from Facebook :yep: I don't think you're being immature by not wanting to be his friend. He's more likely to try and worm is way back in with you if he thinks you still like him enough to tolerate him. I'd defo tell him how much you dislike him though, it doesn't have to cause much drama really does it? A quiet word in his ear and then ignore him? I doubt he's going to kick off about it too much if it means that all the other girls he's stringing along might hear about it (but then again, you know him I guess)
Reply 2
Subcutaneous
I'm so angry at this i need to share! It's so bad its putting me off doing some uni work which i enjoy.

This guy in my year, pretty much took advantage of me about 9 months ago, and has been screwing around with other girls in the year since also. It got to the point that when i didn't text back within 5-10mins he'd call me, or send me like 20 messages..and really freaked me out. Turned out he was seeing another girl at the same time anyway. We've not spoken to each other since, i just feel disgusted mainly at myself every time i see him. He just sent me a message on facebook telling me that it's "silly" i'm not talking to him and would like to be friends and go out sometime, followed by a shed load of kisses and his number :rolleyes:.

He doesn't know why i just suddenly ignored him (when i got majorly freaked out by his attention-seeking and was also seeing another girl in the year, who is oblivious to it all) and why i find him so disgusting and repulsive (He's messed around with many other girls this year, tells them to keep it 'secret' as he doesn't want gossip round uni, uses the same phrases..just a basic player) and also i found out he lied on many occasions, oh and my friend saw him campaigning with the EDL a few weeks ago too! If i'm honest i dont want anything to do with him, i'm happy to speak to him as a professional, maybe at work but i'd rather have nothing to do with him if life went my way, let alone be friends with him.

I deleted his message as soon as it appeared, however am I being petty? I really want to tell him exactly why i dont want anything to do with him, but i dont want the drama or hassle..i'm going to carry on ignoring him and let him get on with his little own fantasy world, but my friends have told me i'm being immature and should atleast attempt to be friends!!!!

Views?

Not really being petty at all it's your choice so if you dont want to see him or be friends then don't. As you said, just be civil or 'professional' to him and if he keeps bothering you just tell him straight.
I agree with Sakura-Chan. I'd tell him how much you dislike him, then kindly tell him you'd prefer to not have contact with him for the foreseeable future. He'll sure enough get the message. Delete him off facebook and continue with your life.

If his other 'piece' can't see what a player he is, then more fool her. She'll soon notice when he hurts her.
Reply 4
Ilora-Danon
I agree with Sakura-Chan. I'd tell him how much you dislike him, then kindly tell him you'd prefer to not have contact with him for the foreseeable future. He'll sure enough get the message. Delete him off facebook and continue with your life.

If his other 'piece' can't see what a player he is, then more fool her. She'll soon notice when he hurts her.

Its just I'll have the risk of being with him on placement, PLUS he's in my tutor group and seeing him in lectures
Then you've got no choice but to be honest with him. Tell him you don't like him, but will remain civil to him during uni/placement. You need to communicate with him how uncomfortable he makes you feel.
Reply 6
Well he might call you a slut behind your back... or you could go for the "he's a serial raper" manouvre... Quietly cut off all ties with him is the best, if you make it too public then he's bound to say something spiteful
Reply 7
Ilora-Danon
Then you've got no choice but to be honest with him. Tell him you don't like him, but will remain civil to him during uni/placement. You need to communicate with him how uncomfortable he makes you feel.

i dont think there is a nice way of telling someone he makes you feel physically sick...
Reply 8
Doesn't sound like he's worth bothering with. I'd keep ignoring him- or at least be indifferent. But if he keeps hassling you, then I agree you should tell him the truth, or if he asks you outright why you're ignoring him.
Reply 9
Right, any tips on how im going to word this bad boy I'm thinking a simple (and no subject)

Please leave me alone. i don't want to be friends with you, I don't want your number and to have any contact with you outside of the nursing student environment. You disgust me.
Reply 10
Like i said the other day, it's a right of passage for women to end up sleeping with a pathetic waste of space and regret it. Chalk it up to experience and tell him to piss off.
Subcutaneous
Right, any tips on how im going to word this bad boy I'm thinking a simple (and no subject)

Please leave me alone. i don't want to be friends with you, I don't want your number and to have any contact with you outside of the nursing student environment and I have no desire to talk to you unless it's in the nursing student environment and 100% necessary. You disgust me.

How about ^
Sakura-Chan
How about ^

I've just sent it, i just wanted to get it over and done with!

Please leave me alone. I'd rather have no contact from you again. I don't feel comfortable around you, and have no desire to be friends with you.
- is what I said, I just hope he gets the point NOT to reply and actually leave me alone lol
Reply 13
He's a player and he's not worth worrying about. He needs to grow up and you need to rise above him. It might be hard if you actually like him which I reckon you do. But if you really find him repulsive you can pretend he doesn't exist.

Latest

Trending

Trending