The Student Room Group

Sinister looking lump.

Have had lump on one of my testicles for a while. Maybe a year or two:|. I know I was silly not to check it out, but I thought it would pass, but hasn't!

. It's pea sized
. It's not hard , but not soft either.
. I can move it side to side about 1cm. Also can pull it away from the testicle, but then it 'pings' back, as if it's attatched by a bit of flesh or something.
. No pain, only when moved it sometimes aches.
. Hasn't grown over the last two years since I found it.

Just want an opinion before I pop down to the doctors. Does it sound like cancer? Anyone had something like this?
Reply 1
When I went for a check up, (albeit not for my testicals) they said cancer would be in a fixed position and not able to move about.

I'd only assume this would be similar...? Sorry, not much help.
Reply 2
aliluvschoc
When I went for a check up, (albeit not for my testicals) they said cancer would be in a fixed position and not able to move about.

I'd only assume this would be similar...? Sorry, not much help.

Are your testicles OK though? :lol:
Reply 3
I've heard that usually lumps and bumps aren't going to be anything sinister, but if in doubt, check it out.

I know a previous poster said that aparantly cancerous lumps don't move, but just because it's not cancer doesn't mean it isn't bad. There are a whole host of things that shouldn't be left unchecked.
Reply 4
gilbo
Are your testicles OK though? :lol:

I have yet to find problems with my testicles! :biggrin:
dude get it checked out
Glob of dried semen?
if it was cancer you would be dead after 2 years (sorry but its true, im assuming you are young and testicilar cancer in the young is quite bad)

still go to the docs though
Reply 8
Could just be a cyst / blocked hair follicle. Only way to be sure is to ask the doctor though, and at least you can stop worrying about it.
Reply 9
ew better get that chked out mate
Reply 10
The fact that it hasn't grown for 2 years is a good sign. But please, please go and see a doctor.
Reply 11
Hi mate,

The fact that you have had this for 2 years also means that if it was something sinister your health would have deteriorated.

As the other posters have stated, you definitely need to see your doctor about this. Don't be surprised if you are refered to a consultant urologist for further assessment, very likely they will perform an ultrasound where they can give a concrete answer on what it is.

Though for future reference, do not bury your head in the sand on these things. See your doctor the second you see something like that.
Very much doubt it's cancer, though you're an idiot for leaving this long - it's probably a cyst or something around there.
Oh good god. You've had it for 2 years!? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? Go check it out! Tomorrow morning!
I had a lump nearly 3cm in size (in my breast) for well over a year before I got it checked out. It wasn't anything serious. I can move mine a little bit too but yeah, get it checked out to be on the safe side =)
Couldn't say what it is for certain but definitely go down to the doctor's and see what they say, they're the only ones who can give you good advice!

Latest

Trending

Trending