The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Finish it, but probably not hit him back because i wouldnt be able to hit him hard enough to hurt him
ttocserp
Alot of people are saying they would fight back. In my experience my ex girlfriends never fought back normally they would cry and become terribly off with me. I mean my one girlfriend she used to cry for hours about how much it hurt etc. A few times they would get really mad and shout but i just had to make sure the bitch knows her place and shut it up. Just thought i would share my experiences. If this thread stays alive i may have some new ones soon

Obvious troll is obvious.
He's getting hit back twice as hard or worse in fact he'd be lucky to walk again!
Anonymous
This is a horrible memory, but I'll share it.

My ex and I used to have small arguments and stuff, but only tiny things that you could say "yeah well you smell" or something and we'd be laughing and cuddly again. But she had a habbit of slapping me on the arm or face. Not hard, but slightly harder than a playful slap.

One day we were having an argument, it was slightly more heated than normal. She kept poking me in the arm, and it was really pissing me off. Then she slapped me across the face (again, not that hard but still quite firm) and it pushed me over the edge, and I socked her in the shoulder. I instantly was filled with a horrible, horrible regret, and I could instantly tell by her eyes that I had gone too far...

Long story short, she pretended to forgive me, but when we had sex the day after, she bent my shaft as I was ejaculating. The pain was undescribable. I got my friend to **** in a bag and leave it in her car though, so we were even. Broke up after the sex though.

hate to say it but she had it coming. I'm not saying it's good to hit someone but maybe now she's learned she can't hit her partners just because she's female.
I'd hit him back, wouldn't even think about it, he'd get hit back.

And he'd be told to never, ever hit me again as I'd hope it was just a one off, and he'd be warned that if it did ever happen again he'd never see me again.
Reply 185
Stab him in the balls, castrate the bastard and never look back
Reply 186
Most of the women here really would not hit them back...
Reply 187
My advice: Make him a sandwich pronto. :closedeyes:
Smack him back. Then leave him.
Suffix
Most of the women here really would not hit them back...

you dont know the females on here so you cant say :smile:
It would depend if I was angry or not, but to be honest, unless I too was in a full-on fit of rage, my mind would probably immediately jump to 'victim' mode and I would leave the room. My boyfriend is not the violent sort so he would have probably done it in a fit of temper and not any kind of sadistic/wife beating urge. Then I would probably not want to talk to him for a while, collecting my thoughts, then I would hear his apologies and not say anything. Not sure what I would actually do after that. Probably not break up with him, as I don't think that a whole wonderful relationship is worth throwing away, if it really was a one-off and a mistake. But I would have to show the real terribleness of what he had done with some kind of punishment (not that I'd say that). And I might find it hard to trust him again especially in sexual situations because I'd be scared he would become forceful. So it might lead to a breakdown of the relationship anyway. But I don't think I would actively end it there and then.
Reply 191
I'd either hit him back or just be silent and walk away.
Reply 192
I'm almost totally sure that I would not hit him back: I'd like to say I'd at least give him a good shouting at or a kick in the balls, but I know I would be too shocked and scared.

I can't envisage myself being in a heated argument, because I'm not remotely agressive. When someone shouts at me I'm far more likely to cower than fight back. Pathetic, but I'm terrified of confrontation, even when its in something pre-empted like debating. Also if it was the guy I'm seeing now, not only is he tall enough that I could not easily slap him but he is strong enough to pick me up with one arm, and I might only be 5'3" but I'm no pixie. I don't think I would even have the balls to shout back at him; I'd probably burst into tears and run off. I don't know what I would do in the long run. It would depend on how long we had been together, how his behaviour was otherwise (i.e whether he was generally being controlling or not) and what had preceded him hitting me. Sometimes people deserve a second chance, but not always, and if so it is definitely the last one.
Reply 193
Eveiebaby
I would be better equipped to defend myself, so if my partner approached me in a fit of rage my main concern would be to stop him from hurting me. If he's hell bent on strangling me or whatever, I am going to counterattack. If he's not going to show any consideration for my personal safety and behave like an animal, then he's disrespecting the relationship and my prime importance becomes myself.
If your life is being threatened, I think you'll do anything to keep yourself safe. Isnt that an instinct?

I guess you are right....but duno because how does that explain the amount of violence in relationships. Because if every person who was being physically abused then went to fight back, the abuser would most likely stop, as the key to abuse in relationships is the abuser being the 'leader' of that relationship and the partner usually has low self esteem or is just vunerable to attacks. So my point being, to actually get physically attacked by your partner, you would have had to show emotional/physicall weakness before hand, therefore letting the abuse take place before. Therefore in the case of on going abuse there is more complicated issues involved rather than 'fighting back' . Obvioulsy if it was a first time thing and your partner just went crazy, then yeah, it would be a case of kicking the poop out of him/her as self defense lol. But in normal partner abuse, this wont be the case. If you get my point lol...:s-smilie:
To be quite honest, I'd probably assume it was my fault that he'd gotten angry/upset enough that he'd wanted to hit me, and I'd spend hours racking my brains trying to figure out just what I'd done wrong. Would be nice to think, "Oh, I'd lay the smackdown on him," but c'mon, weak little female VS strong male = female gets pwnt. I wouldn't stand a bloody chance.
Glorious Lozhka
To be quite honest, I'd probably assume it was my fault that he'd gotten angry/upset enough that he'd wanted to hit me, and I'd spend hours racking my brains trying to figure out just what I'd done wrong. Would be nice to think, "Oh, I'd lay the smackdown on him," but c'mon, weak little female VS strong male = female gets pwnt. I wouldn't stand a bloody chance.

this is what makes me hate being female and wishing i was born a bloke, stupid ass opinions like that :rolleyes:
Reply 196
report him to me for grievious bodily harm. he gets nicked for that!
if hes done it once...hel do it again sooner or later

i wouldnt want to stay with a guy knowing hes capable of doing that to me..or eventually my kids
tbh id make myself hate his guts..would make it easier to leave him
tinktinktinkerbell
this is what makes me hate being female and wishing i was born a bloke, stupid ass opinions like that :rolleyes:

Is your worth in your physical strength?
nolongerhearthemusic
Is your worth in your physical strength?

i dont get what you mean by that?

Latest

Trending

Trending