The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It depends what you eat really.
Reply 2
Okay say you go to an italian monday, then on tuesday you go to a chinese, friday to the curry house. That type of thing. But a sit down meal.
Reply 3
it depends whether you eat different sorts of foods to when you're at home- i think i eat out quite healthy because i tend to chose fish, but if you're having 2 chineses a week then it might be bad... it will also depend on whether you drink more in a restaurant as well

lou xxx
Reply 4
Like the fabulous Ellie said - it depends what you eat. One week last Christmas period I ate out 6 nights in one week and obviously I knew that if I indulged, I'd be frickin wearing it for like 7 years. So, I ate salads as main courses, or had a healthier pasta dish, not a creamy one. Had chicken instead of steak.
Reply 5
Yes I get what you mean.
I was told that on the hole restaurants used tremendous amounts of salt and more fats than you would at home.
Reply 6
you can ask them to make it your way,I always make the dudes working there go nuts because I go like make sure no oil,complketely grilled,not a single drop,no cream,no dressing,no lemon no oil:biggrin:
Reply 7
Goldenratio
Yes I get what you mean.
I was told that on the hole restaurants used tremendous amounts of salt and more fats than you would at home.

That's probably true. The thing with eating out is you don't know exactly what's in your food, so it's hard to tell. Chinese and indians and other take-away type foods (even if you're eating them in the restaurant) aren't great for you, though again, it depends what things you order off the menu.
Reply 8
I think once a week would be sufficient, look at it as having a takeaway because the fat content will probbably be about the same :smile:
Reply 9
Yep suppose so. What the eye doesn't see, the chef gets away with!
Reply 10
Goldenratio
Yep suppose so. What the eye doesn't see, the chef gets away with!

Like the time at this restaurant when the chefs ran out of proper steaks, so the manager went in and cooked up a chicken steak instead and sent it out.

The customers didn't even notice :eek:
Reply 11
Eating out is only ever truly filled when you take something home as your chocolate after dinner mint...and I don't mean food.
Reply 12
LOL man! They didn't even notice?
Reply 13
Goldenratio
If it bad to eat out say more than twice a week?

no, she'd probably appreciate it

LOLOL!O!L!O111!O!!NOENE OMFGIZZLE!!111LOL PLUS SEVEN
Reply 14
Well you see, as a project for a yoghurt company: they wanted to find out how eating out would affect digestion. And they were looking for negative influences from this type of behaviour.
Goldenratio
I don't mean fast food, but ordinary meals in restaurants?

I've heard so much controversy over this.

Eat out? Oi kiddo, this isn't a sex forum!
Reply 16
SamTheMan
Eat out? Oi kiddo, this isn't a sex forum!

yea i got there first dude, owned
Reply 17
Goldenratio
I don't mean fast food, but ordinary meals in restaurants?

I've heard so much controversy over this.

I'd eat out every night if I could afford to!

One day...
Reply 18
It's not very healthy to be honest. If you're making a habit of it, and don't want to change, try and have the occasional salad.
Reply 19
How much does it cost to eat out in your countries?
Chinese-
Indian-
Local restaurant with local specialities-
French-
Up market-?

Latest

Trending

Trending