The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
So would I have to contact the University about being released? Or would it be safer to contact UCAS via phone?
Ring UCAS asap.
They may be able to help.
Refunder
Hey all, after regretting my firm choice Uni after replying 17 days ago, I've decided I really want to swap around my insurance choice with my firm choice. Can this be done? Who should I contact to change my choices? Thanks

See the opening post of the thread I moved this into.

Basically you have 14 days to change your mind. Since this time has now elapsed you can call your firm (not UCAS) and they can reject you, in which case your insurance becomes your firm and you have no insurance. You cannot make your firm your insurance.
i have a question.

right now i have 3 conditionals of which 2 i intend to make my firm/insurance. so do I need to satisfy the conditions of the third one? or only the first 2 im intending to firm/insure? (i.e. verificiation of academic reference and results)

essentially im asking do i just ignore my last option that im not intending to use?
Reply 64
From ucas.ac.uk:
Once you have decided which offer to accept firmly, and which (if any) to accept as an insurance, you must decline all other offers. If you don't want to accept any of the offers, you can decline them all. You will then be eligible to use Extra or Clearing, depending upon your circumstances.
Reply 65
ncsjohn02
i have a question.

right now i have 3 conditionals of which 2 i intend to make my firm/insurance. so do I need to satisfy the conditions of the third one? or only the first 2 im intending to firm/insure? (i.e. verificiation of academic reference and results)

essentially im asking do i just ignore my last option that im not intending to use?

Yes! It's like if the 3rd choice never existed!
ok thanks! repped you for your help =)
Reply 67
I Have A ****** Question , Please Give Me A Siple Answer , Why The **** Cant I Reply To My Offers , I Have 5 Conditionals And Still Need To Go To An Interview , Please ???
Milk Me
I Have A ****** Question , Please Give Me A Siple Answer , Why The **** Cant I Reply To My Offers , I Have 5 Conditionals And Still Need To Go To An Interview , Please ???

My guess is that at least one of your offers is not reflected on the UCAS system. Why would you still have an interview to go to if you have received five offers?
Reply 69
Yeah Maybe I should call them guys up and ask some **** :confused: I have 4 coditionals , the other was an invitation which i declined, THE "REPLY" button is still ******* grey
Milk Me
Yeah Maybe I should call them guys up and ask some **** :confused: I have 4 coditionals , the other was an invitation which i declined, THE "REPLY" button is still ******* grey

I can't see why you are confused: you don't have five conditional offers as you stated earlier - and you know it. You don't even have five decisions. You can either wait for the fifth to decide or cancel the choice.
Reply 71
So ur saying even though i declined the INVITATION IT IS STILL OPEN FOR OFFERING ????????:yep:
Milk Me
So ur saying even though i declined the INVITATION IT IS STILL OPEN FOR OFFERING ????????:yep:

You declined an invitation to an interview. It is still possible that you could receive an offer. You do know the difference between an offer and an interview, don't you?
Reply 73
Yes... :yep: So I have an interview next month , how long do you think it will take them to reply to me to tell me if i'm in or out ?
I have decided I want to defer my firm, should I ring them up and see if they will defer it for me?
LoginAccount Information
I have decided I want to defer my firm, should I ring them up and see if they will defer it for me?

Well, do you think they'll defer it if you don't ask?
Reply 76
Okay, i am writing this on behalf of a friend of mine who appears to be in a bit of fix with choosing. She has received five conditional offers and has narrowed it down to two that she would like to go to. Unfortunately I cannot remember the exact names of the universities, but lets just go with X, Y and Z.

Well she has chosen university X as her firm, but unfortunately the one that she wants to put as her insurance (uni y) has a harder condition. Now she is compelled to put uni z as her insurance but is unsure whether it is also a harder offer than that of uni X.

Uni X - AA in two specified subjects
Uni Y - A*A in same two subjects as above
Uni Z - AAA in any three subjects (she is doing 4 subjects)

What do you think she should do? I asked her about the other offers and apparently they are both the same as that asked by Uni Z.

Help appreciated.
Reply 77
Well, obviously putting Uni Y down as her insurance would be useless. It makes sense to put down Uni Z as her insurance in case she doesn't achieve the right grades in the right subjects... provided she still has 3 As then she can go to Z. The only other option would be to have no insurance at all so she might as well put Z as her CI.
It depends whether she is confident she will get the As in the specified subjects. If she thinks there is a chance she may not get an A in one of the specified subjects but will in her other three, then it might be worth using uni Z as an insurence...

Not sure how much sense that made but thats my thoughts... :smile:
Reply 79
thanks guys. I will let her know.
@Norledge - the issue here is that she has alreasy decided on X as her firm, but can't decide on the insurance.

when i asked her why she would even be considering y as an insurance, she said that she knew someone who didnt quite meet the offer, but was still given a place.

Latest

Trending

Trending