The Student Room Group

Text i got! What to think about it??

Ive been seeing this guy for about 7 months now.

On wednesday i went to this club with friends and housemates. Quite a few pictures were taken of me and on of my housemates where i am kissing him on the cheek. I have known this housemate since the begining of last uni year as we lived together then and he has said he liked me in more than a friend way since then.

There has been some sexual tension between two of my other housemates during that same night. and i told the guy i was seeing that i was looking foward to seeing these pictures once they were uploaded to facebook. After these pictures were uploaded, i get a text from the guy im seeing saying: ""A" and "B"? More like u and "C".......xxx"

Now i read this and thought that he was being insinuating something that i would never do.. especially since that housemate is very good friends with him.

Later i spoke to him and he was really apologetic and insisted that it was just a joke (even though he ddnt write LOL or anything like that) and that later he did feel a bit jealous.

I am still not over this text and feel that he was insinuating something and if there was jealousy there is really no need to be.. and ive been in a really bad mood because of it during all of today..

Am i overreacting??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The kisses are text etiquette for a good mood so I think I would've decided it was a joke if I'd've got it though I wouldn't've been happy -like you.

It was probably just his way of saying he felt threatened by the pictures of his position with you so take it as a compliment that you mean that much to him and make sure he knows that you feel the same way.

I hate it when a dodgy text ruins your day - espesh when it's just been interpreted the wrong way. Sarcasm doesn't work over text and msn! It's a shame.
Reply 2
KAPOWWWY
The kisses are text etiquette for a good mood so I think I would've decided it was a joke if I'd've got it though I wouldn't've been happy -like you.

It was probably just his way of saying he felt threatened by the pictures of his position with you so take it as a compliment that you mean that much to him and make sure he knows that you feel the same way.

I hate it when a dodgy text ruins your day - espesh when it's just been interpreted the wrong way. Sarcasm doesn't work over text and msn! It's a shame.

Thing is when we talk online or in texts, he always writes "lol" even when it isnt necessay so why would he not use it here?
He used to be a 'manwhore' bt even though he says he has completely stopped since he began seeing me (which i believe) sometimes i think he just wants to get his dick wet.. even though he says he really likes me
Girls read way too much into everything. Ask him what he means, I bet there's a very simple explanation.
Reply 4
Anonymous
Thing is when we talk online or in texts, he always writes "lol" even when it isnt necessay so why would he not use it here?
He used to be a 'manwhore' bt even though he says he has completely stopped since he began seeing me (which i believe) sometimes i think he just wants to get his dick wet.. even though he says he really likes me

Huh. Yeah that is weird - the 'lol' ting... more reason for you to be worried I suppose.

How does the manwhore bit relate?
Reply 5
RichyFrench
Girls read way too much into everything. Ask him what he means, I bet there's a very simple explanation.

He said that it was a joke. bt also a little tiny bit of insinuation.. he also said that after sending the text he felt a bit jealous because i dnt do anything with him in a club except a quick kiss and im not really touchy with him. in these pictures, i am hugging and kissing my housemate quite a bit and he said he felt a bit jealous, bt this was after he sent the text.

i told him the reason why i dnt do the same with him is that it would just turn into a massive pda, and i hate pdas!
Reply 6
I feel I should have been born a man. Why do girls read so much into things? D:
Reply 7
KAPOWWWY
Huh. Yeah that is weird - the 'lol' ting... more reason for you to be worried I suppose.

How does the manwhore bit relate?

well, if i believe that he hasnt done anthing with anyone since then, why does he not trust me? i have never had sex with anyone that werent my bf's (this is the first time) and i dont go out getting with other guys even when i wasnt seeing anyone. theres just no need for him to be jealous or insecure.
I think that he only wrote "xxx" at the end because even though he thinks this, at the end of the day he only wants to get his dick wet..

Also, he said that after he sent the text, he spoke to this housemate of mine and invited him to go beach with him today. this was before i spoke to him. they are really good friends.

He has also told me that if i get with anyone then he probably wouldnt speak to me again
Reply 8
Anonymous
well, if i believe that he hasnt done anthing with anyone since then, why does he not trust me? i have never had sex with anyone that werent my bf's (this is the first time) and i dont go out getting with other guys even when i wasnt seeing anyone. theres just no need for him to be jealous or insecure.
I think that he only wrote "xxx" at the end because even though he thinks this, at the end of the day he only wants to get his dick wet..

Also, he said that after he sent the text, he spoke to this housemate of mine and invited him to go beach with him today. this was before i spoke to him. they are really good friends.

He has also told me that if i get with anyone then he probably wouldnt speak to me again

Oh right I get it - so it's about trust. Fundamental in a reli and all that.

Make sure the rules are mutual. If you really think the 'xxx' was just there to up the chance of a bit o' bang-bang, maybe he's not for you as you don't seem to trust him that much. You seem like you want to, but are questioning how you can trust him now you think you know his motives.
Reply 9
KAPOWWWY
Oh right I get it - so it's about trust. Fundamental in a reli and all that.

Make sure the rules are mutual. If you really think the 'xxx' was just there to up the chance of a bit o' bang-bang, maybe he's not for you as you don't seem to trust him that much. You seem like you want to, but are questioning how you can trust him now you think you know his motives.

I trust him in the sense that i believe what he says. bt then i cant seem to be able to remove 'manwhore' label and reputation he has (or had).

He says he really liked me and that he wants a relationship with me and we've had 'the talk' several times and i keep delaying it. mostly because of this i think.

So yeah, i think trust may be a big part in this problem..
he said it was a joke right..and i think he was a little jealous because of the moment thing..hes seeing you give attention to another guy..its normal feelings tbh..dont see why ur in a mood
Reply 11
emanuel_arsenalfc
he said it was a joke right..and i think he was a little jealous because of the moment thing..hes seeing you give attention to another guy..its normal feelings tbh..dont see why ur in a mood

:ditto: - This guy talks from own experiences!

N :colondollar:
win2kpro
:ditto: - This guy talks from own experiences!

N :colondollar:

:rofl: dont see you giving her any attention..
Reply 13
emanuel_arsenalfc
:rofl: dont see you giving her any attention..

Oh really? Thats because im real good at hiding it :ninja:

Unlike some other people :colonhash:
win2kpro
Oh really? Thats because im real good at hiding it :ninja:

Unlike some other people :colonhash:

LOOL ok if you say so

and oi ive done nothing....yet :ninja:
Reply 15
emanuel_arsenalfc
LOOL ok if you say so

and oi ive done nothing....yet :ninja:

Well you better make a move, and quickly too, before someone makes it before you :flute:
win2kpro
Well you better make a move, and quickly too, before someone makes it before you :flute:

lol i dont need to be making any moves..
win2kpro
Lol :sigh:

I give up with you :p: - Will go back to my physics past papers :bored:

good :smile:

ooh Alevel? what board?
win2kpro
Yeah, OCR. You? :smile:

edexcel..whens your exam?
win2kpro
18th, though got Maths on the 9th, Dutch on the 10th, Biology on the 16, Chemistry on the 17th... :emo:

****..ive got chemistry on the 17th too:frown: :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending