The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Its like your with her, and you like her, but only until something better comes along. Thats how its coming across. Think about her, please, if you don't even want people to glance at your profile and see your with her on fb, then what the hell are you doing with her? Its not right that your ashamed about who your with. I don't think you want her, I think your just using her to keep you entertained till you meet someone you like more. Which is a very selfish and nasty way to behave.
Reply 21
aspiringmathematician
Too true. I broke up with my girlfriend (and indeed best friend) of 5 years about 6/7 months ago and it's still tough but I promise it does get better after time. There will be relapses of sadness, but know that if you make an effort to meet new people, do new things, behave more like you did before you met her, that your life will improve. PM if you ever feel low. Good luck sir.

Thanks for your support mate :biggrin: .
If i could +rep you a thousand times i would.
Reply 22
Anonymous
I'm expecting a lot of people to say I'm a crap boyfriend and so on but just listen out (or, well, read...) and then make up your mind.

I've been with my girlfriend on-and-off for about a year and a half now although for the past 6 months or so we've been much closer and I feel we both matured so it's working out better. For a while we didn't want to tell anyone until it got a bit more serious because it would be stupid if we were to end it soon after. In any case, after a month or so we told our close friends about it (school friends from school we used to go to but I moved to another for college). And I'm happy they know because we hang out a lot and it would be weird if they didn't however I don't really want to tell people at my new college or post it on Facebook or whatever else.

It's a bit hypocritical because it was more me that wanted to tell our friends but I just cared for close friends to know and apart from that want to keep my relationships private from people I don't know that long at new college or wherever else. I don't know if my girlfriend minds a lot but she said she wanted for both of us to say we were going on out on Facebook and "make it official" which I understand but I just can't see why we need to shout about it to everyone we have added. I have a few people I don't know that well on it and same for her and I don't really care for them to know. In my opinion it's a more private thing where only close friends know but not random people you know for a bit.

I don't know if it makes sense why I don't wanna but at times I feel like maybe I'm somehow ashamed of her and that's why I don't.

ffs who gives a **** she probably wants to make it official because then she will feel secure in your relationship.
Don't be such a cold bastard if i was her id dump you if you were that upset about telling people you had a girlfriend.
:yep:

Reply 23
People on TSR are very quick to make crazy assumptions I must admit. Firstly, no, I am not waiting till something better comes along. If anything I'm the one that cares slightly more in this relationship and definitely not "playing her" or something like that. Is it so bad to want to keep somethings like love-life private where only close friends know? I just don't get why it is and why everyone must know.
why don't you want anyone to know?
^ answer that question honestly, and there's your answer..
we don't know the ins and outs, only you can say!
if it's purely due to wanting to take things slow before everyone knows then fair enough, but if it actually is that you're embarrassed that you're even with her to the point that you'd rather have people think you're single than with her then i'd say get out of there fast, cos you're only going to hurt the poor lass! x
Anonymous
I'm expecting a lot of people to say I'm a crap boyfriend and so on but just listen out (or, well, read...) and then make up your mind.

I've been with my girlfriend on-and-off for about a year and a half now although for the past 6 months or so we've been much closer and I feel we both matured so it's working out better. For a while we didn't want to tell anyone until it got a bit more serious because it would be stupid if we were to end it soon after. In any case, after a month or so we told our close friends about it (school friends from school we used to go to but I moved to another for college). And I'm happy they know because we hang out a lot and it would be weird if they didn't however I don't really want to tell people at my new college or post it on Facebook or whatever else.

It's a bit hypocritical because it was more me that wanted to tell our friends but I just cared for close friends to know and apart from that want to keep my relationships private from people I don't know that long at new college or wherever else. I don't know if my girlfriend minds a lot but she said she wanted for both of us to say we were going on out on Facebook and "make it official" which I understand but I just can't see why we need to shout about it to everyone we have added. I have a few people I don't know that well on it and same for her and I don't really care for them to know. In my opinion it's a more private thing where only close friends know but not random people you know for a bit.

I don't know if it makes sense why I don't wanna but at times I feel like maybe I'm somehow ashamed of her and that's why I don't.

I can understand maybe you don't want everyone knowing your business, especially when you're connected to people you may not know that well, but you have nothing to be ashamed of. If you're comfortable with your closest friends knowing then I don't see the problem. Maybe just make your girlfriend happy if it means that much to her?
Reply 26
Bslforever
Its kinda sad how Facebook has now become the mediator that declares relationships "official" :sigh:

This.

Furthermore, it's amusing when people update their Facebook the moment they're in a relationship and the minute they are single again.

Sad, so sad.
OnlyMe!
This.

Furthermore, it's amusing when people update their Facebook the moment they're in a relationship and the minute they are single again.

Sad, so sad.

Although it is quite funny when the first someone hears that their bf/gf has dumped them is when they sign into facebook.
Cypriots
Thanks for your support mate :biggrin: .
If i could +rep you a thousand times i would.

No problemo, you're not alone in this.

Ha, thanks.
Why do you think you might be ashamed of her?

Just wondering. I mean I would have thought a trait that would make you ashamed to let people know would be enough to make you not want to date her in the first place.
Reply 30
Lol.. my boyfriend requested me to like.. be in a relationship with him on there last year

now he's hid it? Like gone into custom settings and made it so only he can see it..

thats worse that this guy :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending