The Student Room Group

Is my boyfriend too close to his male friend? Should I be worried?

To cut a long story short, I met my boyfriend he's 23 and I'm 19 end of last year. We were both exchange students and met in another country. We've been going out for seven months now. He's a lovely guy, perfect, I've met his parents everything. He was a bit shy at first, still is sometimes.

He has a lot going for him (nice looking, rich, athletic) but has always been shy with women and from whatever he's told me he's not been too far with women- just kissing like me in the past. he told me he believes he can't do things with people unless he really likes them. I think similarly so its ok. We've done a lot but didn't sleep together.

Anyway so we've not seen each other for a couple of months, we've been in our countries for the summer and are to meet soon. He's back at uni and somethings been bothering me.

Whenever we skype a guy always calls him up, the same guy. My boyfriend and I talk for many hours at a time and without fail that guy calls up to ask how he his or that he is doing this or whatever.

Now that guy and he spent hours a days (whole day) revising together, and both are involved in long distance relationships.

My boyfriend quotes the guy a lot- like T said this or that. And really is it normal for a guy to call up another one so much?

Am I justified in feeling there is something strange? Could my boyfriend be bisxual? Would that explain his general sexual inexperience as well?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
he gay.
Reply 2
Ahh!!! A different culture!!!
Oh dear :frown:
Planar
Ahh!!! A different culture!!!

He's Scandinavian. lol
Dip him in an acidic solution. If he turns pink, he's bisexual.
Lol :smile:
I'd talk to him about it. There is nothing wrong with your boyfriend being bisexual. Don't be put out by that possibility. As long as he feels for you and doesn't cheat (the same goes for any relationship, regardless of the sexual orientation of either party) there should not be a problem. It might just be that they are very close friends. I'm sure you've got female friends you can talk to for hours at a time. Any person in a relationship is not going to be fully mentally stimulated just by their partner. It's good to bounce off other people too.
Don't jump to conclusions about his sexual orientation based upon his experience or lack thereof. It might just be that he genuinely doesn't feel comfortable with physical intimacy with someone he doesn't have an emotional connection with. I am exactly the same. Talk to him about it. Or you could be less direct and ask him if he's ever liked guys. But I really would take the direct approach if you want a clear answer to this.
I got a mate I chat to most days and when not at uni spend most days with. Better than sitting around doing nothing, and last I checked I wasn't gay, at least I'm certainly not attracted to him. I'd say it's fairly normal, though I guess some would disagree...
Reply 9
Just sounds like bromance to me (they're not gay just close) - I know some guys who have that kind of close friendship who aren't gay, although I don't. Some people are just really close to their best friends!
Thats better but oh god what if he is? And he's too afraid to tell me.
Reply 11
nah hes has a bromance, it doesnt mean hes gay or bisexual! just likes his friend alot.
maybe he does dirty things with him on skype
Reply 13
Check his ass to see if it has been recently penetrated.
The way you've put it he does sound like he could be gay. Be upfront with him. Ask him if you're wasting your time.
Reply 15
From the sounds of it, I don't think he's gay. Think JD/Turk off Scrubs.
Reply 16
Sounds like your boyfriend is gay and cheating on your with the other guy.

Either get yourself spitroasted by them or dump him.
Have you never seen scrubs? It's man love! :biggrin:
Seriously though if he has so little experience with women then it's hardly surprising that he has a male friend he's heavily reliant on, shouldn't be a big deal IMO.
He definitely gay. Either that or he has a perfectly normal relationship with his best friend, something that most guys have. But gay sounds more probable to me :awesome:
I dont know what to do. I mean I am in love with him and he is as well.

To think it was all a waste. I can't think anymore :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending