The Student Room Group

This year has almost everybody been predicted 3A*s?

I think if youre only predicted 3As this year you are going to be seriously disadvantaged.

I reckon in most sixth forms even students who were marginal As are going to be 'predicted' A*s because theres no reason not to
- it will help get the college's students into better universities and most unis dont make A* offers so theres no issue of 'theres no point predicting you an A*A*A* because you wont meet this university's offer of A*A*A* "

is everyone's teachers predicting them A*s ?

Scroll to see replies

From what I've seen on here, that's just not true. Lots of people with one A* prediction, the odd person with two predicted, but I'm yet to see anyone predicted three A*s.
I'm being predicted A B B. Welcome to reality boyo.
Reply 3
Yes. I've been predicted 4 A*s and I don't think I'll get more than 2, and my teachers know it as well. But that's what I told them (EVERYONE's going to be predicted all A*s because they know A*s are not part of offers, so I would be at a disadvantage if you only predicted me 4 As)
(edited 13 years ago)
I was predicted three A*s for ABB courses. Depends on your school, really.
Reply 5
Potally_Tissed
From what I've seen on here, that's just not true. Lots of people with one A* prediction, the odd person with two predicted, but I'm yet to see anyone predicted three A*s.

A*A*A*A* :cool:
nope. My school is strict on A* predictions solely because the predictions they gave last year didn't match up to the people that actually got A*s.

I got 95% chemistry so was rightuflly predicted A*
89% maths so was predicted an A
79% biology so was predicted an A

I know people who got like 80% - 84% in maths and are predicted an A*, from another school btw. :facepalm:

Also universities know that teachers over predict some students with A*s so I wouldn't worry.
Schools are doing you a disservice if they predict you unrealistically high grades, because chances are universities will realise this.
Potally_Tissed

there's some in the med forum, "Medicz" i think, and some others
Reply 9
Won't your Sixth Form be in trouble if they seriously over predict everyone for the sake of getting into good universities.
Noodlzzz
A*A*A*A* :cool:

Lol, knew after I said it that a load of people predicted a load of A*s would come along. I doubt there's many people who have been predictd 3+ A*s where their school genuinely thinks they will get that. I believe there was exactly one A*A*A* offer last year, made by Cambridge.
A* A C for me.
Reply 12
I guess it depends on your school/college, some of the departments in my school are very strict with predictions
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm predicted AAB and my courses either want AAB or ABB. am i at a disadvantage..?
Reply 14
ive seen people with ABB at as who have been predicted a couple of A*s. Doesnt make sense. It doesnt do anyone any good over predicting. You might get an offer from the imperials and the oxbridges, but it doesnt mean youll get in. I got AAAB at AS and ive been predicted AAAB as a2.
Makes sense really...
Reply 15
Er, no. I mean, I'm being realistic (in my opinion) when I say that I doubt I'll get into 3 of my unis!
senator88
I'm predicted AAB and my courses either want AAB or ABB. am i at a disadvantage..?

No. If you'd been predicted A*A*A* instead the universities would probably just think it was unrealistic anyway.
To be honest though, if you got BCC at AS and your school predicts you three A*s, the universities might start to suspect.
Potally_Tissed

yo.
****** college refuses to predict A*s :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending