The Student Room Group

Woken up with one bright red cheek?

Hi,

I've woken up this morning with one bright red cheek. I also feel really faint, have a slight temperature, and have a headache. I don't think it can be slapped cheek syndrome, as with that you only have cold-like symptoms, and both cheeks are supposed to hurt. Also, I have felt fine before waking up tonight, so there hasn't been any symptoms before the red cheek - it's all appeared at the same time!

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Thank you so much in advance for any help,

rach
Reply 1
which of the 4 cheeks is it?
Reply 2
LOL, the right on my face.
Reply 3
You probably just slept on it all night, so its going to be red for a bit, should go back to normal soon though.
Reply 4
I thought that at first, but together with the other symptoms and the fact that it's burning i thought it could be more than that ... thank you though :smile:
Reply 5
You probably slept on it funny AND have a cold? *shrugs*
OP, how is it now? 8 hours on?
Reply 7
Half of my face is still bright red, and burning ... i have a temperature also, as well as a headache and the symptoms of a cold ...

It's weird, but hopefully as long as i'm not seen in public i'll be okay lol :wink:
Sounds like flu tbh.
Reply 9
I wonder if you've been in contact with something which disagreed with you. Did you sleep on that side of your face? Maybe there is something on your pillowcase which doesn't like you. Does the burning feel like dry skin burning, or below the skin burning?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
My cheek is now fine, though the other symptoms are there!!!

It felt just really really hot, probably like below the cheek was burning ... i am not sure what side of my face i had slept on, probably both at some point throughout the night!

Latest