The Student Room Group

Leaving Uni/PGCE help!!!

Good afternoon,

I was wondering if you could help me.

I am 30 and have started a PGCE in September to become a drama secondary teacher. I split up with my partner (which I now regret and his now with someone esle) and left my job that I enjoyed in PR to begin a PGCE at a university 250 milies away.

Everyone told me to teach but now I am here, I am lonely, miserable and find the work load too stressful and too much. I just want to go back to PR where I was earning decent money and can still have a good career.

I was told that if I leave before the 29th November I would have to pay £500 pounds to uni. If I leave between 30th November - 14th Jan it is half tution fees and if after that date it is full fees payable.

I have tution fee loan, grants and full student loans.

My first instalment for tution fee is due 2nd Feb 2011...

Now I know I want to quit, but I have nowhere to live and am tied till christmas in contract, so I am thinking about staying here till then and then waiting till get my next loan instalment due 4th Jan and then leaving that week.

But can anyone help me, I will obviously give back the grant money I recieve (so wont spend any of that) but what about the loan, would I need to give that back staright away or would it just get added on the my exsiting student loan? And what about fees, I mean the SLC wont pay them in Feb as would have been left, so am I liable for this? and could I work out a payment scheme with uni for this.

I am so confused, or should I just leave right now today, with no money and no where to go

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending