The Student Room Group

Am I forcing myself to like this girl?

Basically, about a year ago, I split up with my girlfriend at the time, and I felt like I was in love with her, and still think about her all the time, and ever since then, I feel as if I've been deliberately trying to force myself to like different girls in order to 'get over' this other girl from about a year ago. Lately, I've been speaking to a girl quite a bit, I don't even know her that well but we're quite flirty, but I can't help but feel i'm just trying to force myself to like her, like it doesn't really feel natural.
Do you think I should carry on this way, and try and develop things? Or leave it? Because I'm starting to feel as though another girl may be my last hope of trying to get over the one from a year ago, but at the same time, doing this to the current girl just feels so wrong...advice would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Basically, about a year ago, I split up with my girlfriend at the time, and I felt like I was in love with her, and still think about her all the time, and ever since then, I feel as if I've been deliberately trying to force myself to like different girls in order to 'get over' this other girl from about a year ago. Lately, I've been speaking to a girl quite a bit, I don't even know her that well but we're quite flirty, but I can't help but feel i'm just trying to force myself to like her, like it doesn't really feel natural.
Do you think I should carry on this way, and try and develop things? Or leave it? Because I'm starting to feel as though another girl may be my last hope of trying to get over the one from a year ago, but at the same time, doing this to the current girl just feels so wrong...advice would be appreciated :smile:

I had the same issue and getting a new girl just doesn't work because, once you guys break up, your thoughts will go straight back to that girl again.... I ended up waiting 2 years before I dated, and that was solely because I couldn't stop thinking about my ex. It might not take as long for you, but you shouldn't risk hurting this girl, or yourself anymore.. Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I had the same issue and getting a new girl just doesn't work because, once you guys break up, your thoughts will go straight back to that girl again.... I ended up waiting 2 years before I dated, and that was solely because I couldn't stop thinking about my ex. It might not take as long for you, but you shouldn't risk hurting this girl, or yourself anymore.. Hope this helps.

Ouch :/ did you think of the previous girl during it? And do you still think of her all the time?
Reply 3
Anyone?
Reply 4
I think over time you will grow to love her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending