The Student Room Group

Argument with girlfriend - she slapped me.

My girlfriend came over this afternoon, thought we'd have a nice day in...until she casually tells me that she's effectively cancelling the plans we'd already made because it's her friends birthday party.

I have booked a trip to paris to stay there for 3 nights and she knows about this plan for a month now. I'm covering all the expenses, it's all coming out of my wallet. Not only am I really disappointed that she's choosing a friend's birthday party over spending a weekend away with me (although I wouldn't mind IF my plan was flexible, which it isn't because it's booked so it has to be cancelled).

She told me I can cancel the bookings, which is true...but then I'm charged a damn cancellation fee from the hotel which is a lot of money, WASTED money! Naturally I got really angry about this and I hated that she's not even considering 1. my feelings and 2. my money!

We started arguing a lot and had a heated exchange and I said "piss off to your friend then I can't stand the sight of you" which I agree was very rude of me but she slapped me across the face for it!!!

I was just shocked and froze, never expected her to do this and she never has in all the time we've been together (it's a long relationship). I was SO angry I was just fuming and I think she got scared just from the look on my face, so I told her to leave before this gets from bad to worse.

She kept ringing and texting after but I switched the phone off and went to sleep so that I can cool off instead of having a slagging match via text.

Now I don't know what to do, I said some bad things but I can't believe she slapped me. I feel so disrespected and although I really love her this is just something I can't let pass. I'm facing the dilemma now, to follow my feelings and forgive her and just put it behind us or to follow my principles and stand up for my dignity by leaving her.

I feel so annoyed that all this has come about from something that should have been a romantic trip away, instead it's led to this disaster.

I really need some advice on how to approach the situation please, would appreciate your views on what would be the right thing to do because I don't want to act irrationally in this anger.

thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Give it time (like maybe a few days) then approach the situation that way your anger is not really getting in the way of your thinking :smile:
I think you guys have issues.
Reply 3
Don't fret too much about the slapping thing, it only shows that she does care about you despite the whole birthday thing, real bummer on her part :frown:
Reply 4
should have slapped her back
Reply 5
Tell her you feel disrespected and you don't want to speak to her for a while, maybe take a mate on the trip to show that she doesn't rule your life.

After a week or so she'll be sweating it and try and get in touch, by then you'll know she either is sorry or doesn't realise how much she has hurt you and, if that is the case, she ain't worth your time my friend.
I think she was out of order. Make sure she reaalllyyy apologizes..
what an ungrateful bitch

obv the people negging are girls who regularly turn down all expenses covered trips to paris with their bf
(edited 13 years ago)
Bitches and whores man. She cancels a trip to Paris with you, which you paid for, for some birthday party, and she thinks you deserve a slap?
Reply 9
Leave her. A woman who resorts to slapping is not one to be in a relationship with. Physical violence in a relationship is not really acceptable.
Original post by ShakeyJJ
Tell her you feel disrespected and you don't want to speak to her for a while, maybe take a mate on the trip to show that she doesn't rule your life.

After a week or so she'll be sweating it and try and get in touch, by then you'll know she either is sorry or doesn't realise how much she has hurt you and, if that is the case, she ain't worth your time my friend.

Exactly this.
Your girlfriend is turning down a trip to Paris to go to a friend's birthday party? Is she crazy? :-/

TAKE MEEEEE!
Reply 12
Leave her, she's clearly a selfish loser.
Reply 13
Let it settle for a few days and allow time for you to cool off, personally I think she was in the wrong for deciding to go to the birthday when she knew you had planned the trip long beforehand. She didnt consider your feelings in it and understandably you would react the way you did, cancellation fees are not cheap, neither is a trip to Paris.
After the few days cooling off are up go talk to her, tell her how you feel disrespected that she slapped you, what you said might have been rude but trust me, anyone would say that and much worse in the given situation, she has no right to be angry at you at all, if she is still angry at you then I suggest giving it a break, re-evaluate your relationship with her.
Reply 14
Alternatively, instead of my previous advice;

"Do I look like a bitch?"
"What?"
"DO I LOOK LIKE A BITCH?"
"No?"
"Then why you tryin' to **** me like a bitch!?"
Original post by otilov
should have slapped her back

Violence of gender?
I hate the double standards girls have.
If this was the other way around, all the girls here would be saying get out of the relationship because he'd do it again.
Yet cos its a girl whos being violent, then its no problem?
WTF.
Reply 17
Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!

Pfft we have issues the girl was clearly in the wrong. :eek:
Reply 18
Any form of violence is never alright. Even if it doesn't hurt that much, it's not acceptable. Laughing and smirking at women being violent against men isn't amusing. I hate this double standard.

And that's not very nice of her at all!
Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!

I would love hearing your comment if the guy would have slapped her back and she would accused him of violence of gender.:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending