The Student Room Group

she says shes fond of me, :s

Hi. I've known this girl for years, but it was only this summer that I really started talking to her. Her family and friends are quite spread out across the country so shes hardly ever in my town, I only see her about once every 3 weeks.

She asked me if I wanted to go out with her on christmas eve, so I invited her out with my friends, there was a point where I felt really close with her, but most of the time I feel that she just likes me as a friend.

So I tried texting her to find out what shes thinking of me. I said, you dont feel that way about me do you, she replied with aaw sorry.

I text her asking thats all shes going to say and why not. She said shes really fond of me and likes seeing me, and doesnt know what more to say.

:s-smilie:

What do I do, I wanted to know why she didnt want anything more from me, and she replied with shes fond of me and likes seeing me :/

Shall I ask her is hes fond of me why she dont want a more serious relationship?

Thanks for any advice.
Reply 1
What is her name?
Reply 2
She may just not be attracted to you like that, sorry :frown: But yeah, if I were you, I want want to get everything straight (I hate people playing games) so ask her (preferably over the phone or in person because with texts people can be very sneaky with their wording) out right how does she feel about you and why. Obviously don't pressure her though, you could come across as agressive and then nobody will like you :smile: Good luck :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi. I've known this girl for years, but it was only this summer that I really started talking to her. Her family and friends are quite spread out across the country so shes hardly ever in my town, I only see her about once every 3 weeks.

She asked me if I wanted to go out with her on christmas eve, so I invited her out with my friends, there was a point where I felt really close with her, but most of the time I feel that she just likes me as a friend.

So I tried texting her to find out what shes thinking of me. I said, you dont feel that way about me do you, she replied with aaw sorry.

I text her asking thats all shes going to say and why not. She said shes really fond of me and likes seeing me, and doesnt know what more to say.

What do I do, I wanted to know why she didnt want anything more from me, and she replied with shes fond of me and likes seeing me :/

Shall I ask her is hes fond of me why she dont want a more serious relationship?

Thanks for any advice.

welcome to my world, meet a girl, get to know her, fall for her and OH just wanna be friends...............gotta ****ing love it hey?
I think she was trying to let you down easy. She's 'fond' of you sounds like 'I like you as a friend only' to me. If you asked her again and she didn't expand then I think you should probably let it go.
Throw marmite at her!
Reply 6
Original post by Le Masquerador.
I think she was trying to let you down easy. She's 'fond' of you sounds like 'I like you as a friend only' to me. If you asked her again and she didn't expand then I think you should probably let it go.

i agree with the quote. lol, in my situation, the girl obviously like me but when i asked her she said "i don't know, i haven't got an answer" whilst being really nervous. haven't had the chance to tell her how i feel yet...
Original post by Anonymous

Thanks for any advice.

You can do better, OP. Even if you were in a relationship with her, you'd only see her once every three weeks. Just let it go and find someone else to go out with. :hugs:
Reply 8
yeah sounds like she was trying to let you down easily.. i would have thought that was obvious from her saying 'sorry' and 'i'm fond of you, what more shall i say'

Reply 9
at least she's made it pretty clear she doesn't see you in "that way"
she's probably trying to let you down as nicely as possible? you just have to accept that sometimes people can love you to bits without ever wanting to be anything more than friends

just move on :smile:
Reply 10
Plenty of fish in the see man. If you're into that kind of thing. (it could get slippery)

/attempt to joke

I have inputted this text into my lame-excuse-detector and the results just came out.

They are positive.

It's a lame excuse. Another way of saying that she does not want to be involved in a relationship of that nature with you. I have vague recollections of having been there, it blows, it really does. It feels like you're blowing a rabid dog with Peyronie's disease. A quick/good remedy to this, in my opinion, would be to avoid contact with her for a while, doing other things. Perhaps meeting other women, getting to know them better over coffee would help. Go clubbing or whatever it is you kids like to do these days.

As I like to say to annoy (although my aim is to encourage but hey, what can I do - one can't always get what he wants) people being emo over ex girlfriends: "Getting over a woman is achieved by getting behind another woman."
i've been in this situation a few times, it hurts that she doesn't want a longer lasting relationship but theres nothing you can do but move on. Good luck.
Reply 12
Maybe you would have been in with a shot if you hadn't texted her stuff like that. Also, don't ask girls if they like you or that you like them, it makes everything too definite/makes you look desperate and weak.

Words of wisdom: Don't text for important shizz, call if you have to but mainly try and save everything for face-to-face if you can. Texting is for general information (ie directions to date location, etc) but not for conversation. Also, again, don't tell a chick that you like them or ask them if they like you.

EDIT: By the way, don't press this issue with her anymore. You will look very desperate in her eyes and ruin anything you have at the moment, let alone anything in the future. Best thing to do is focus on other girls or other things in general because she is not going to be interested whilst she knows she can have you at anytime. Don't play games though, just move on and reassess later if need be.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending