The Student Room Group

cant move on, dont feel happy, I have no one.

Hi, I feel like a recluse and like I havent really got any friends or a social life.

All through school I was really bad a making friends and talking to people, I was quite shy and kept out of the way of people. I made several friends, and their pretty much the only real friends ive had since school.

I went to college and started going out with a girl, I drifted away from some of my friends, and didnt really make any new ones, I only keep in contact with one person I met at college.

Ive had 2 full time jobs and dont talk to any of the people I used to work with.

Then there was university, I spoke to most of the people in my class at university but never really made any plans with any of the people out of university, I probably made about 5 or 6 friends which I rarely see out of university.

Then my gf broke up with me, we were going out for about 4 years, she broke up last summer and is now engaged with her new bf, since last summer, ive met 3 girls which ive liked but I always end up feeling like they are using me or leading me, and dont feel the same, I tried talking to the last girl about how I felt but she just avoided the situation and never really gave me an answer.

I made a post on here explaining my situation with the girl, everyone just said forget about her and move on. But I have nowhere to move to, I dont really have anyone else to talk to besides the girl, I dont have many friends, So I dont have anybody to go out with to make new friends.

I asked my few school friends, and there usually like nah, I feel like staying in watching something on tv.

Dont you get bored of that, I just feel that if Im not with someone im wasting my time. And need to be spending time with someone to forget about that girl.

What does everybody else do, how often do you go out with your friends, how often do you stay in on your own? How many groups of friends do you have? And where do you meet your friends? I met a few people in bars/clubs but never really speak to them.
Reply 1
Get involved in societies (whether you're in or out of uni now) and meet people with similar interests.

Friendship is something that needs to be developed, and it's development skills that you're lacking. Are you in a job at the moment?
Reply 2
Talk it from a guy who has been in a similar situation. Lack of friends through college etc. Gf broke up with me in April (I planned to marry her in July) I spent some time drinking. A small amount of time of self pity is needed however I agree with Roo Bix that you need to go out there and make the most of life. I know it's hard but the more you do it and the easier it will become. Truth be told I went to a pub bymyself for the very frist time last week which is something I would never normally do when I was with my ex.

Try to join local or semi local clubs and societies which are of intrest of you therefore you can meet people with similar intrests and have a foundation for friendships to develop. Also just try to get out and be yourself. Your single and free my friend enjoy being single and do all the things you have always wanted to do. I wish you luck my friend. And always look to the future.
Reply 3
just make the effort and join some clubs maybe :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending