The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yeah, i think i'm weird.
When I was younger, I used to think that if I tensed my arms and legs hard enough and then made a swimming type motion when I jumped off something that I would fly.
thats more a child imaginary game thing surely? ... and yeah i've also been called weird a few times and "extremist" by one of my hall mates.. great huh.. i think its just i shun the mainstream teenagerness and appreciate the more subtle weirder things
hooray the thread for WEIRD and ECCENTRIC PEOPLE!!! lol im an aquarius, how many ppl in here are aquariuses cos we tend to be the eccentrics in society, the musicians, directors, artists, actors, writers, poets and cooks lol
No, I really thought I could fly.

I thought that the air was like...matter, that could just be separated and passed through. I couldn't work out why it never worked.
Reply 25
Yep, I think I'm weird.

But during my time at uni I've started to realize that there isn't really such a thing as a 'normal' person. Or maybe my believing that everyone is weird is a sign that I'm weird... :confused:
Reply 26
being weird helps you relax from the responsibilities of reality lol its a good thing :wink:
Reply 27
El Scotto

Explain weird? if you tell what you think is weird you might find other people who do exactly the same making it less weird, which will make it something less for you to worry about.

No honestly dude, its not even given a name by psychologists cause they won't have heard anything like it.
Reply 28
Riddy
Do you think your weird? I mean every since I was really young there has been stuff about me that even now im 100% sure no one has or understands (mentally), I just freak myself out thats why i panic probably I could kill myself with my own thoughts lol. Really though is it just me who thinks im deeply weird with issues no one else understands?

Yeah same here. I'm an INFJ personality type, that just really means introverted and I look at things in ways that most people don't, and 'feel' things.

Aside from the thing in my pants hehe. Anyways, I agree most of it would have to do with family, or lack thereof. There's a poem by I think Phillip Larkin called They F*ck You Up and its about parents, how the sins of the father/mother carry on, and parents pass on their f*ck ups or bad traits to their children.

However, I'm also the person who I am because of other events outside the family home. Every person I have ever met, seen or caught a wiff of, has shaped me into the stud of a man I am today. Some people I'm thankful to, others I'm not. But I don't ponder it or lament all day.

You're fine as you are. I'm in the top 2% of the population being the INFJ type (most people are ENTP or other extroverted types which is why introverted types usually feel weird or in a minority/opressed etc).

So is my cute, sexy, pretty, intelligent, girlfriend. (INFJ).

As long as you're happy with yourself who cares what other people think. Weird is subjective, and some weird is good...Good luck finding happiness.
the bear
hey cherry is that you in the avatar ? you look kinda cute !!

thanks a lot, yep it is me =)
Reply 30
-TMG-
Yeah same here. I'm an INFJ personality type, that just really means introverted and I look at things in ways that most people don't, and 'feel' things.

Aside from the thing in my pants hehe. Anyways, I agree most of it would have to do with family, or lack thereof. There's a poem by I think Phillip Larkin called They F*ck You Up and its about parents, how the sins of the father/mother carry on, and parents pass on their f*ck ups or bad traits to their children.

However, I'm also the person who I am because of other events outside the family home. Every person I have ever met, seen or caught a wiff of, has shaped me into the stud of a man I am today. Some people I'm thankful to, others I'm not. But I don't ponder it or lament all day.

You're fine as you are. I'm in the top 2% of the population being the INFJ type (most people are ENTP or other extroverted types which is why introverted types usually feel weird or in a minority/opressed etc).

So is my cute, sexy, pretty, intelligent, girlfriend. (INFJ).

As long as you're happy with yourself who cares what other people think. Weird is subjective, and some weird is good...Good luck finding happiness.

INFG - what test is that?
Reply 31
I am irrevocably weird. Partially through geekiness. Partially through near autistic insociability. Partially through strange ideas of the world. But seeing as what normal is I'm rather glad I'm not

Poica: If I'm not mistaken that is a reuslt from the Jungian personality test
Reply 32
Yes its from a Carl Jung theory.

Another theorist broke the NF down to 'idealistic' and called it a temperament...
Reply 33
Myers-Briggs no?

IIRC I am INFJ
Reply 34
Iv often wondered if im seriously menatlly unstable so yeah im weird
I often get called wierd but i think everyone has their own wierd tendancies if your being youself. people who are 'normal' are not being themselves just conforming.
Reply 36
wow im ENFP! so im weird aswell
Reply 37
Everyone thinks I am normal, that's enough for me.
Reply 38
Yes, but then again no one is normal... Im just different, therefore.
No-one is normal, but many people are conformist.

Latest

Trending

Trending