The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maemg
So yea this is the medicine 2012 thread for people applying for medicine in late 2011 ...lets get stated nice and early!!

Best of luck everyone :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Scary thing is... it's only next year D: D: D:
Reply 3
yea and AS exams are looming!!
Reply 4
What subjects is everyone doing/Where are you thinking of applying to? :curious::curious:
Reply 5
Where are you thinking of applying? I will tell you whether you're right or wrong.
Reply 6
Biology chemistry physics and maths!! St.Andrews, Southampton, Dundee and not sure about last one
Reply 7
scary stuff, this has come so fast !!!
Original post by maemg
biology chemistry physics and maths!! St.andrews, southampton, dundee and not sure about last one

aberdeen :d
Reply 9
Biology, Chemistry, Geography, English Lit. & Critical Thinking

Would like to attend one of the following: Hull York, Aberdeen, Liverpool, East Anglia, Dundee/Glascow

How'd everyone do in their first exams and how many people are there in your college/sixth form wanting to apply?
ahhh that time again, your first year of college flies by, enjoy it while you can!
2nd year is tough haha. :biggrin:
Reply 11
Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, General Studies (we only study it an hour each week) and Graphics (dropping graphics as soon as possible, soooo much pointless bookwork -.-)

I've only really looked at the UEA so far, which would be my favourite choice :biggrin:
Reply 12
Biology, Chemisty, Psychology and Maths! Dunno where to applyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:frown: and exams are round the corner omg omg i have to get through this hurdle or im outta the game
biology,chemistry,physics and religious studies :smile: hopefully somewhere in london or east anglia...(i know there's a huge difference between the two places)
Oh nice, we have a thread. I'm doing Biology, chemistry, maths and psychology, dropping psychology in the summer. Already done most of my AS's (results in sig), so I'll be doing a couple resits in the summer aiming for all A's. How it everyone doing work experience/volunteering wise? I've done some doctor shadowing and just starting volunteering at a charity shop, and I'm going to ask my GP for some work experience next chance I get.
Reply 15
:O I can't believe we apply this year!! I'm doing Biology, Maths, Chemistry, Psychology and General Studies. Probably dropping Psychology and General Studies next year. Imperial/ Kings/ Newcastle sound good.
From a really small sixth form so there are only about 5 people wanting to apply for Medicine. :tongue:
Reply 16
there's about 5 of us wanting to apply for medicine and everyone is treating their 'greatest threat' differently! Don't like what its done to us - i seem to b the only one who's still willing to treat everyone normally
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone! :smile:
If anyone wants any help or advice or anything, I'd be happy to try and help! :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by dominiqueblack
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone! :smile:
If anyone wants any help or advice or anything, I'd be happy to try and help! :smile:

I'll take you up on that
Original post by jaunebanane
Can't believe we're applying in sixth months, way too soon. Am doing Biology, Chemistry, English Lit. and Maths. Don't really know where I'd like to apply (providing I get the grades) but Imperial/UCL/Kings would be cooooool.
I think around 40-50 people in my year want to do medicine? It's crazy, but then again it is a grammar and there are lots of Asians.

out of the 40-50 people, only a few get into medicine...

Latest