The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anonnymous
i'm not mature enough to even handle the responsibility of a doctor/ a family

i don't want one atm, i'm just a kid

I don't think any of us are mature enough just yet. Hopefully, we'll get there after med school.
Original post by oHellno
I don't think any of us are mature enough just yet. Hopefully, we'll get there after med school.

it's just so icky though! having kids, having a 'partner'

ewwwww!

=D me = myself!
Original post by alsonne
hello! is there anybody whos a student in the college of medicine of edinburg? I am looking for somebody to tell me the first-hand information from the uni :smile: I am really nervous about my applying and I want support :frown:
best regards!

let me help

if you go onto "medical schools" on the forums, it has them all listed, just pick edinburgh, and ask the students there
it's just so icky though! having kids, having a 'partner'

ewwwww!

=D me = myself!

Oh I thught you were talking about being a doctor. Lol, I don't see what's so icky about it, but each to their own I suppose.
Original post by oHellno
Oh I thught you were talking about being a doctor. Lol, I don't see what's so icky about it, but each to their own I suppose.

=/ it's gross...i mean who would want to kiss?

^^ want to do a medical debate, on a ethical issue, by this i mean we make up scenarios ?

=/ it's gross...i mean who would want to kiss?

^^ want to do a medical debate, on a ethical issue, by this i mean we make up scenarios ?

Lol ok...

Yeah, why not? I'm not gonna be on here continuously, need to get some work done, but will try to reply soon :smile:
Reply 4286
Original post by Limitless
No. Lol. Some people had to go out because they felt sick, I just kept looking confused like "what a baby comes out of there" then "OMG there is a baby coming out of there that is awesome". For some reason I got :K: expressions.

When we watched the a childbirth video in bio, everyone was all tense at the woman screaming pushing on the TV, then the baby came out and a girl at the back says in this really dry and flat voice 'it's a boy'.
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

What do you get? :o:

I'm ENFP appaz.
Original post by cz100
When we watched the a childbirth video in bio, everyone was all tense at the woman screaming pushing on the TV, then the baby came out and a girl at the back says in this really dry and flat voice 'it's a boy'.

why do people have kids?! it's ridiculous

:O CZ you are back! the queen has returned

Lol why did your parents have you? :dontknow:
Reply 4290

:O CZ you are back! the queen has returned

Just having a look to see what's going on. Got chemistry tomorrow and after that disastrous biology don't want a repeat of it.
Original post by oHellno
Lol why did your parents have you? :dontknow:

... my origin is unknown....

i was not from planet earth either, and i travel in a police box.

=)

tell me this...:

Will medicine always progress?

^^ debate me!

you have two options

yes, i will debate you

HELL NO!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by cz100
Just having a look to see what's going on. Got chemistry tomorrow and after that disastrous biology don't want a repeat of it.

Ok, work hard:smile:

ps: i've had three disastrous exams, 3 mediocre, 2 no comments, and 1 i thought , hey good

sometimes you feel you do badly,and you do really well

grade boundaries fluctuate, so pretend you never had the exam(you might end up doing well) and concentrate on the one you have.

best of luck, you work hard/i've seen you on the revision forums, so you deserve good grades, you've done the work, just convert it on exam day

:smile: you being intelligent knew this already, but hey! these are my views
Original post by Unbiased Opinion

I'm ENFP appaz.

ENTJ here, with 11%, 38%, 1% and 44% preferences. I was INTJ last time I took it, so it seem I've become more extroverted since then :cool:
Original post by Normandy114
ENTJ here, with 11%, 38%, 1% and 44% preferences. I was INTJ last time I took it, so it seem I've become more extroverted since then :cool:

i stopped that test when i realised it was 70 questions long lol
Reply 4295
Original post by Unbiased Opinion

I'm ENFP appaz.

Not quite sure, but I got highest in the judgement bit. Got a big bored of the questions so may not have answered some properly :colondollar:
... my origin is unknown....

i was not from planet earth either, and i travel in a police box.

=)

tell me this...:

Will medicine always progress?

^^ debate me!

you have two options

yes, i will debate you

HELL NO!

In my opinion yes, as the state to which medicine is unprogressable is so far in the future that it is very unlikely that progress will ever stop. When you consider eradication efforts of diseases such as smallpox, and almost polio, eradication areas in this field are likely to continue for many other infectious diseases such as commonly discussed malaria or even TB. Treatments and diagnostic tools are likely to continue progressing as computers get exponentially more powerful and diagnostic tools get made much smaller and cheaper. The field of antibiotics however does not seem to be likely to progress indefinitely, as the arms race between resistant strains and antibiotics accelerates research in this field, possible drugs available are likely to reach an exhaustion point where no new ones are possible to make, unless research into other areas of treating infection develop.
Original post by Normandy114
In my opinion yes, as the state to which medicine is unprogressable is so far in the future that it is very unlikely that progress will ever stop. When you consider eradication efforts of diseases such as smallpox, and almost polio, eradication areas in this field are likely to continue for many other infectious diseases such as commonly discussed malaria or even TB. Treatments and diagnostic tools are likely to continue progressing as computers get exponentially more powerful and diagnostic tools get made much smaller and cheaper. The field of antibiotics however does not seem to be likely to progress indefinitely, as the arms race between resistant strains and antibiotics accelerates research in this field, possible drugs available are likely to reach an exhaustion point where no new ones are possible to make, unless research into other areas of treating infection develop.

impresed by that answer, i will analyse it, and try to put my own input and try to debate and give my views

i can not fathom why someone has negged rep this...

EDIT: i'm just doing a little something, i will be back to properly edit this post, i love your reply
(edited 12 years ago)

i've seen that , but unsure if i should buy it

is it good , because it's new?

isc medical are reliable, but can i risk it?

only a tenner, i'll do it!

(i need to thank you for the kaplan stuff you told us, cheers )

EDIT: it's not been released? when will it be? i don't want to order it a week before the bmat, i want it now:frown::frown: -cries-

pwease help
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending