The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4300
Original post by anonnymous
i've seen that , but unsure if i should buy it

is it good , because it's new?

isc medical are reliable, but can i risk it?

only a tenner, i'll do it!

(i need to thank you for the kaplan stuff you told us, cheers )

No prob. 400 questions is more than any other resource. Plus most BMAT books seem to get rubbish reviews, and all the isc medical books have seemed good.

When does it come out? I may look into this, I'm thinking about an application to UCL but not sure, still have to deal with some more shortlisting first.
Reply 4302
Original post by Normandy114
When does it come out? I may look into this, I'm thinking about an application to UCL but not sure, still have to deal with some more shortlisting first.

Around the middle of July I think, not too long now.
Original post by cz100
Around the middle of July I think, not too long now.

if this books lives up to it's UKCAT cousin, then it'll be worth it.

my Mum will order it for me tomorrow
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4304
Original post by Normandy114

looking at imperial for my bmat university

could anyone tell me, when will this be released?

Ok, just had a look, amazon website says publication date is 18 July 2011
Original post by cz100
Ok, just had a look, amazon website says publication date is 18 July 2011

cheers:smile:

i think kaplan's book of £150 is too much lol,

you're right

let's order it, but let's not jinx it. many times when i have high expectations of a movie , it turns out really bad...

^^ i need to get rid of this mindset

will rep if i can! run out today lol
Reply 4306
Original post by Nator
Thanks for sharing :cool:

you getting it?
Reply 4308
you getting it?

Yeah will do hbu?
Original post by Nator
Yeah will do hbu?

same:smile:

we still will do bmat prep right?^^

want to give me your brief views on this?

"medicine will always progress"

=)
Reply 4310
Left open days so late, is it risky to go to open days for medicine during September? I had no idea they were fully booked so early on :frown:
Original post by Crushy
Left open days so late, is it risky to go to open days for medicine during September? I had no idea they were fully booked so early on :frown:

only going to two open days.

Might apply to a few more...
Reply 4312
only going to two open days.

Might apply to a few more...

I'm hoping to go to about 4. For some reason peninsula haven't released the dates yet :s-smilie: http://www.pcmd.ac.uk/opendays.php

Barts and King's are fully booked and I only just managed to get one of those mini campus tours of imperial. I'll be up late into the night sorting this out...
Original post by Crushy
I'm hoping to go to about 4. For some reason peninsula haven't released the dates yet :s-smilie: http://www.pcmd.ac.uk/opendays.php

Barts and King's are fully booked and I only just managed to get one of those mini campus tours of imperial. I'll be up late into the night sorting this out...

I want to a tour of imperial...but they don't have any open days/had them all before june?:s-smilie:

lesicter, nottingham

and two others
Original post by Crushy

Same only found out on monday that manchester had an opening day on friday. checked online and it is fully booked.
Reply 4315
I want to a tour of imperial...but they don't have any open days/had them all before june?:s-smilie:

lesicter, nottingham

and two others

http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/outreach/opendays/ugopendays They do extra tours for medical applicants if you email the president of the student union :smile:
Reply 4316
Sorry if this has been asked already, I don't feel like trawling through 216 pages to find out!

When my sister applied to do her art course to Leeds, she got rejected because she didn't put them as her first choice apparently. So does it matter for medicine, will the universities know whether you are their first choice? Do you even rank them? I know nothing about ucas.
Original post by Crushy
http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/outreach/opendays/ugopendays They do extra tours for medical applicants if you email the president of the student union :smile:

legend, hopefully i'll get a place/tour on the 19th of JULY
Reply 4318
I have done work experience at 2 GP's and aranged a week observation at a hospital in August. But wondering if any of these are worth doing or are pointless(just to get a broad view?

a ) Optical Assistant
b) Physio Assistant
c) Radiology Assistant - to see MRI / X Rays (though it clearly says not for applicant for medicine must want a careers in radiology so i would feel guilty lying)

Any other ideas for Work Experience ?
Original post by rsp
I have done work experience at 2 GP's and aranged a week observation at a hospital in August. But wondering if any of these are worth doing or are pointless(just to get a broad view?

a ) Optical Assistant
b) Physio Assistant
c) Radiology Assistant - to see MRI / X Rays (though it clearly says not for applicant for medicine must want a careers in radiology so i would feel guilty lying)

Any other ideas for Work Experience ?

yes, nursing homes,
but it's the quality, not how much and to where
=) may i ask, how did you secure work experience at a GP?

Latest

Trending

Trending