Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarface-Don)
    lol exactly and thats why I wanted a different word for shadowing so that I could spice up their lives
    Did you get one or are you keeping it to yourself I can just see everyones ps flashing up the plagiarism card "whilst shadowing medical staff I seen someone burn a hole in their pyjamas"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    You had training for your voluntary work?? :eek:

Most likely:
    - Leicester
    - BSMS
    - Nottingham
    - Keele
    - Leicester, Medicinal Chemistry
    Yeah, still have more to do D: They space out each event by about a month so it takes ages to get anywhere. (Volunteering as a mealtime assistant feeding inpatients so need lots of training about stuff xD)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anterior view)
    Did you get one or are you keeping it to yourself I can just see everyones ps flashing up the plagiarism card "whilst shadowing medical staff I seen someone burn a hole in their pyjamas"
    haha well the only one ive found is ''observe''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseppea)
    Yeah, still have more to do D: They space out each event by about a month so it takes ages to get anywhere. (Volunteering as a mealtime assistant feeding inpatients so need lots of training about stuff xD)
    LOLZZZZ

You're gonna cry when you read this:

Spoiler:
    Show
    When I first started my voluntary work at a care home for the elderly about 8 months ago, I was given literally no training - didn't even know where the fire exits were etc. (still don't ).

On the first day I was told to feed a resident some mushy sh*t they call food, and I didn't even know how to (if there was a correct method/protocol). Had to ask one of the carers, who got really pissed :*****:

ReputationRep:
    Wait - so does that mean you haven't actually started volunteering yet? :lolwut:

Left it a bit late?

ReputationRep:
    LOLZZZZ

You're gonna cry when you read this:

Spoiler:
    Show
    When I first started my voluntary work at a care home for the elderly about 8 months ago, I was given literally no training - didn't even know where the fire exits were etc. (still don't ).

On the first day I was told to feed a resident some mushy sh*t they call food, and I didn't even know how to (if there was a correct method/protocol). Had to ask one of the carers, who got really pissed :*****:
    Awww really?!? Hospitals have insane amounts of regulations etc. we had to learn about how to safely lift a box D:

But yeah, we have to learn about thickening foods, which patients are at risk of malnutrition, protocols if things go wrong, e.g choking D:

It should be goood, and if I don't get in this year, it will be definite gap year material. At least it's experience in a hospital which is always useful

ReputationRep:
    Wait - so does that mean you haven't actually started volunteering yet? :lolwut:

Left it a bit late?
    I've got other voluntary/teamworky stuff! I think I started applying for this hospital work in about June...still getting trained up for it D: Luckily I was able to do loads of voluntary stuff while I was as school, though I've tried to compensate for it in other areas but I still feel really inferior when compared to everyone on here

I've got enough for my personal statement, I'm going to continue to find more even after the deadline as I hate when people consider it as just a box ticking exercise :/

ReputationRep:
    I've got other voluntary/teamworky stuff! I think I started applying for this hospital work in about June...still getting trained up for it D: Luckily I was able to do loads of voluntary stuff while I was as school, though I've tried to compensate for it in other areas but I still feel really inferior when compared to everyone on here

I've got enough for my personal statement, I'm going to continue to find more even after the deadline as I hate when people consider it as just a box ticking exercise :/
    I've considered some of it as a box-ticking exercise

So have you decided on where you're applying to / your backup?

ReputationRep:
    I've considered some of it as a box-ticking exercise

So have you decided on where you're applying to / your backup?
    I'm not really sure where, but it'll probably be biomed or life sciences. Not because I particularly want to do GEM, but if I don't get the A2 grades and leave no backup, I'll have wasted a year.

But Barts and HYMS are still battling it out in my mind as a 4th option for A100. -_-

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really sure where, but it'll probably be biomed or life sciences. Not because I particularly want to do GEM, but if I don't get the A2 grades and leave no backup, I'll have wasted a year.

But Barts and HYMS are still battling it out in my mind as a 4th option for A100. -_-
    And your top three choices? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Cool beans (don't know why I just said that, just felt like it )
    That's weird... I randomly say cool beans with not really knowing why My friend said it once so I guess it stuck... but I thought it was just him who said it, maybe not (then again he did try to start "sweet potato" off as a trend :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quackers93)
    That's weird... I randomly say cool beans with not really knowing why My friend said it once so I guess it stuck... but I thought it was just him who said it, maybe not (then again he did try to start "sweet potato" off as a trend :rolleyes:
    i am so using sweet potato

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atomos)
    i am so using sweet potato
    Should try and get it into your ps lol It could be the trademark of all reapplicants! ... I can dream :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!! Ages since I've been on!!

How's everything going??

Can I ask peoples opinions and thoughts on Southampton??

Hope everyone's well!!! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loulibelle)
    Hey everyone!! Ages since I've been on!!

How's everything going??

Can I ask peoples opinions and thoughts on Southampton??

Hope everyone's well!!! X
    From reading last years thread it seems Southampton base the whole application, provided you pass the UKCAT cut-off, on the personal statement so it may be a bit of a lottery. None the less i think i'll be applying there!

ReputationRep:
    Finally decided where I will be applying :
    Southampton (6 year course)
    Nottingham (6 year course)
    UEA (6 year course)
    Leeds (A2L) - I might change this to a biomed course but not sure yet.
    Bradford - Clinical science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt)
    Finally decided where I will be applying :
    Southampton (6 year course)
    Nottingham (6 year course)
    UEA (6 year course)
    Leeds (A2L) - I might change this to a biomed course but not sure yet.
    Bradford - Clinical science
    Woo!! I officially entered my choices in UCAS today, surprisingly nerve wrecking!! Haha! I'm UCL, BSMS, Soton and Bristol x

ReputationRep:
    Having trouble deciding.

I'm definitely going to apply to Sheffield and Newcastle, but I can't decide the other two.

It's between: UCL, Leeds, Cardiff, Liverpool, Barts and Manchester.

:emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loulibelle)
    Woo!! I officially entered my choices in UCAS today, surprisingly nerve wrecking!! Haha! I'm UCL, BSMS, Soton and Bristol x
    I haven't officially done it yet. I've done it unofficially in my head. :lol:. I'm too busy doing projects which apparently wasn't good enough as I never had enough pictures. :confused: And not enough write up even though there is nothing to write up as everything is on the handouts we have been given. :rolleyes: So annoyed, I swear my teacher just likes being awkward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ariadne xox)
    Having trouble deciding.

I'm definitely going to apply to Sheffield and Newcastle, but I can't decide the other two.

It's between: UCL, Leeds, Cardiff, Liverpool, Barts and Manchester.

:emo:
    What was your UKCAT like?

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.