The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scarface-Don
lol exactly :biggrin: and thats why I wanted a different word for shadowing so that I could spice up their lives :tongue:

Did you get one or are you keeping it to yourself:colone: I can just see everyones ps flashing up the plagiarism card "whilst shadowing medical staff I seen someone burn a hole in their pyjamas":tongue:
Original post by thegodofgod
You had training for your voluntary work?? :eek:

Most likely:
- Leicester
- BSMS
- Nottingham
- Keele
- Leicester, Medicinal Chemistry

Yeah, still have more to do D: They space out each event by about a month so it takes ages to get anywhere. (Volunteering as a mealtime assistant feeding inpatients so need lots of training about stuff xD)
Original post by Anterior view
Did you get one or are you keeping it to yourself:colone: I can just see everyones ps flashing up the plagiarism card "whilst shadowing medical staff I seen someone burn a hole in their pyjamas":tongue:

haha well the only one ive found is ''observe''
Original post by Joseppea
Yeah, still have more to do D: They space out each event by about a month so it takes ages to get anywhere. (Volunteering as a mealtime assistant feeding inpatients so need lots of training about stuff xD)

LOLZZZZ

You're gonna cry when you read this:

Spoiler

Wait - so does that mean you haven't actually started volunteering yet? :lolwut:

Left it a bit late? :s-smilie:
LOLZZZZ

You're gonna cry when you read this:

Spoiler

Awww really?!? Hospitals have insane amounts of regulations etc. we had to learn about how to safely lift a box D:

But yeah, we have to learn about thickening foods, which patients are at risk of malnutrition, protocols if things go wrong, e.g choking D:

It should be goood, and if I don't get in this year, it will be definite gap year material. At least it's experience in a hospital which is always useful :biggrin:
Wait - so does that mean you haven't actually started volunteering yet? :lolwut:

Left it a bit late? :s-smilie:

I've got other voluntary/teamworky stuff! I think I started applying for this hospital work in about June...still getting trained up for it D: Luckily I was able to do loads of voluntary stuff while I was as school, though I've tried to compensate for it in other areas but I still feel really inferior when compared to everyone on here :frown:

I've got enough for my personal statement, I'm going to continue to find more even after the deadline as I hate when people consider it as just a box ticking exercise :/
I've got other voluntary/teamworky stuff! I think I started applying for this hospital work in about June...still getting trained up for it D: Luckily I was able to do loads of voluntary stuff while I was as school, though I've tried to compensate for it in other areas but I still feel really inferior when compared to everyone on here :frown:

I've got enough for my personal statement, I'm going to continue to find more even after the deadline as I hate when people consider it as just a box ticking exercise :/

I've considered some of it as a box-ticking exercise :colondollar:

So have you decided on where you're applying to / your backup?
I've considered some of it as a box-ticking exercise :colondollar:

So have you decided on where you're applying to / your backup?

I'm not really sure where, but it'll probably be biomed or life sciences. :colondollar: Not because I particularly want to do GEM, but if I don't get the A2 grades and leave no backup, I'll have wasted a year. :redface:

But Barts and HYMS are still battling it out in my mind as a 4th option for A100. -_-
I'm not really sure where, but it'll probably be biomed or life sciences. :colondollar: Not because I particularly want to do GEM, but if I don't get the A2 grades and leave no backup, I'll have wasted a year. :redface:

But Barts and HYMS are still battling it out in my mind as a 4th option for A100. -_-

And your top three choices? :ninja:
Cool beans (don't know why I just said that, just felt like it :tongue:)

That's weird... I randomly say cool beans with not really knowing why :tongue: My friend said it once so I guess it stuck... but I thought it was just him who said it, maybe not :tongue: (then again he did try to start "sweet potato" off as a trend :rolleyes:
Original post by Quackers93
That's weird... I randomly say cool beans with not really knowing why :tongue: My friend said it once so I guess it stuck... but I thought it was just him who said it, maybe not :tongue: (then again he did try to start "sweet potato" off as a trend :rolleyes:

i am so using sweet potato
Original post by atomos
i am so using sweet potato

Should try and get it into your ps lol It could be the trademark of all reapplicants! ... I can dream :moon:
Hey everyone!! Ages since I've been on!!

How's everything going??

Can I ask peoples opinions and thoughts on Southampton??

Hope everyone's well!!! X
Reply 7194
Original post by Loulibelle
Hey everyone!! Ages since I've been on!!

How's everything going??

Can I ask peoples opinions and thoughts on Southampton??

Hope everyone's well!!! X

From reading last years thread it seems Southampton base the whole application, provided you pass the UKCAT cut-off, on the personal statement so it may be a bit of a lottery. None the less i think i'll be applying there!:biggrin:
Reply 7195
Finally decided where I will be applying :
Southampton (6 year course)
Nottingham (6 year course)
UEA (6 year course)
Leeds (A2L) - I might change this to a biomed course but not sure yet.
Bradford - Clinical science
Original post by Besakt

Original post by Besakt
Finally decided where I will be applying :
Southampton (6 year course)
Nottingham (6 year course)
UEA (6 year course)
Leeds (A2L) - I might change this to a biomed course but not sure yet.
Bradford - Clinical science

Woo!! I officially entered my choices in UCAS today, surprisingly nerve wrecking!! Haha! I'm UCL, BSMS, Soton and Bristol :smile: x
Having trouble deciding. :angry:

I'm definitely going to apply to Sheffield and Newcastle, but I can't decide the other two.

It's between: UCL, Leeds, Cardiff, Liverpool, Barts and Manchester.

:emo:
Reply 7198
Original post by Loulibelle
Woo!! I officially entered my choices in UCAS today, surprisingly nerve wrecking!! Haha! I'm UCL, BSMS, Soton and Bristol :smile: x

I haven't officially done it yet. I've done it unofficially in my head. :lol:. I'm too busy doing projects which apparently wasn't good enough as I never had enough pictures. :confused: And not enough write up even though there is nothing to write up as everything is on the handouts we have been given. :rolleyes: So annoyed, I swear my teacher just likes being awkward.
Reply 7199
Original post by Ariadne xox
Having trouble deciding. :angry:

I'm definitely going to apply to Sheffield and Newcastle, but I can't decide the other two.

It's between: UCL, Leeds, Cardiff, Liverpool, Barts and Manchester.

:emo:

What was your UKCAT like?

Latest

Trending

Trending