The Student Room Group

Which address do I use?

Hi, i'm just doing my student finance, and i'm unsure which address to put down! My parents are divorced, and I live with both of them! I think my debit card account has the address of my Mums house, and I need to put that detail down. But whichever one I pick will probably make a difference to the matinence allowence so I don't know!
Reply 1
I'd put down the address of the house with the least income, that way you'd be entitled to a bigger loan and possibly a grant. Not sure how this works out if your card is registered at a different address though.
Reply 2
Put down the one with the lowest income, although the address will mostly likely just be used for correspondence.
Reply 3
I think the rule is that you should put either wherever you live most (you say you live with both, but is there even a 3 day/4 day split to the week) or whoever has parental responsibility.

Having said that, if it really is a judgement call and they don't give simple rules to apply to pick one or the other, it will of course make a difference to how much you get. If you choose a parent who makes lots of money, you get very little money. If you choose a parent who makes not very much, you get alot.
You are on the electoral roll at an address. One parent is guardian.Use that one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending