Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm just doing my student finance, and i'm unsure which address to put down! My parents are divorced, and I live with both of them! I think my debit card account has the address of my Mums house, and I need to put that detail down. But whichever one I pick will probably make a difference to the matinence allowence so I don't know!

ReputationRep:
    I'd put down the address of the house with the least income, that way you'd be entitled to a bigger loan and possibly a grant. Not sure how this works out if your card is registered at a different address though.

ReputationRep:
    Put down the one with the lowest income, although the address will mostly likely just be used for correspondence.

ReputationRep:
    I think the rule is that you should put either wherever you live most (you say you live with both, but is there even a 3 day/4 day split to the week) or whoever has parental responsibility.

Having said that, if it really is a judgement call and they don't give simple rules to apply to pick one or the other, it will of course make a difference to how much you get. If you choose a parent who makes lots of money, you get very little money. If you choose a parent who makes not very much, you get alot.

ReputationRep:
    You are on the electoral roll at an address. One parent is guardian.Use that one.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.