The Student Room Group

Never had any offer/opportunity of sex in my life (20 year old male)

it makes me think something is wrong with me. i recognise that sex is not the be all and end all of things, and i do well in my work, i go to the gym, keep active, have friends who i do stuff with. of course a girlfriend would be better but sex is second best. i cant help but feeling theres something wrong with me. pretty much all guys i know have had the offer/opportunity of having sex at least once in their lives by the time they have reached 20. and i have been 20 for a few months now.

will it ever happen? because i'm starting to think theres something wrong with me :cry:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Dude, you sound like me. Don't sweat it. Keep being awesome and it'll happen one time.
If you're not completely ugly and start approaching girls it might happen.
Reply 3
As long as you are not absolutley hideous! Then be proactive and approach women, you'll be suprised they are often more approachable than you'd think!
I'm in the same position. Don't give up hope though, it'll most probably happen eventually :smile:
Reply 5
You've gotta make it happen if you want it. do you think a girl is jus gonna come up whilst your out shopping or in a club and say 'do you wanna have sex?' and its obv most of the time, lads make the first move so, if you've never approached a girl then obv you never had the chance of sex..
Original post by Dr Pressure

it makes me think something is wrong with me. i recognise that sex is not the be all and end all of things, and i do well in my work, i go to the gym, keep active, have friends who i do stuff with. of course a girlfriend would be better but sex is second best. i cant help but feeling theres something wrong with me. pretty much all guys i know have had the offer/opportunity of having sex at least once in their lives by the time they have reached 20. and i have been 20 for a few months now.

will it ever happen? because i'm starting to think theres something wrong with me :cry:

You're ****ing 20.

Get a grip on things and get be confident.

EDIT: I'm not in any way mocking you for being a virgin, rather you complaining that you haven't had sex yet. Who cares?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Brothel....
Reply 8
Original post by im so academic
You're ****ing 20.

Get a grip on things and get be confident.

This coming from a person who (most likely) pretends to be a 14 year old girl posting arrogant rubbish on the internet about Oxbridge and other universities. It's easy to say that sort of stuff from behind a computer screen, isn't it? :wink:

I am confident too.
Reply 9
Original post by im so academic

Get a grip on things and get be confident

^^^^^^^^^^^

For goodness sake lad, GET BE CONFIDENT!!!
Reply 10

Are you short? If yes, then you have your answer right there.
GET BE CONFIDENT! haha

nah seriously though, just charm, charm, charm and it'll come

(yeah, intentional choice of word)
Reply 12
Girls aren't very likely to offer you sex randomly TBH. You need to get into a relationship :wink:
GET BE CONFIDENT!

-A coined phrase by Her Oxbridger, Im So Academic-

God save Her soul.
GET BE CONFIDENT, oh lord.
Reply 15

As above! Plus when you're rich you can have loads of women* :p:

*= prostitutes
Reply 16
Conform to societies expectations of you, be the initiator in social interactions, be confident, romantic, thoughtful, funny, do all you can to put yourself in the position of being appealing to other people, fit the stereotypical alpha male role, do all that people suggest for you to do differently. Redefine yourself in this way and no doubt you'll find someone who is interested in you, or rather interested in the "new" you.

Or... be yourself, be who you are and enjoy it. Who cares if someone finds something about you that they don't particularly like? Obviously that person does and that's why they aren't going to have the benefit of someone like you enriching their life in the unique way that only you could.

P.S No, nothing is wrong with you.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with you. In fact why don't you try waiting til marriage so it can be really special? I can't speak for all girls but I don't know of any that would see virginity as anything but a good thing- I see it as a big plus. I wouldn't date/marry someone who wasn't a virgin (as I am too)-but that's just my view :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Rfc_07
^^^^^^^^^^^

For goodness sake lad, GET BE CONFIDENT!!!

I so want a t-shirt that says that. :smile:
Reply 19
Women don't generally offer sex just like that. It's not like they're lined up on the shelves of Tesco with a sign with 'Special Offer' written on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending