Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you started a conversation with a random member of the opposite sex in the gym? watch

ReputationRep:
    have you? and did anything come from it? eg. did you find out you had a mutual friend, did you see each other in the gym at a later date and decided to swap numbers or something? have you wanted to start a conversation but been too shy or wished another person approached you?

about once every 2 or 3 weeks (so not very often), i have a girl who i swear is following me around the gym, on the equipment in front of me or in direct eyeline to me, or looking in the mirror at me a bit too often. its not always the same girl but today i noticed it was a girl who i recognised had done similar things about a month ago.

ReputationRep:
    no one?

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her first then see what happens

ReputationRep:
    I prefer to just get my junk out and say "Its full of protein"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Pressure)
    have you? and did anything come from it? eg. did you find out you had a mutual friend, did you see each other in the gym at a later date and decided to swap numbers or something? have you wanted to start a conversation but been too shy or wished another person approached you?

about once every 2 or 3 weeks (so not very often), i have a girl who i swear is following me around the gym, on the equipment in front of me or in direct eyeline to me, or looking in the mirror at me a bit too often. its not always the same girl but today i noticed it was a girl who i recognised had done similar things about a month ago.
    lol, if you want to start a conversation with someone at the gym a good place is the water fountain. Just start with saying the odd word or smiling and then after a while once you get to know them then ask for their number. Personally when i go to the gym i just get in there, do my sets and exercises and get out, also i go to a small gym and normally at the quiet times so there arent too many people down there.

Also the chances are they they arent following you just like to do a set routine which is probbaly similar to yours, people to use more than one piece of equipment lol

ReputationRep:
    Theres this hot 50ish woman at my gym and I screwed up the opportunity to just talk to her.

She has a better body than most people half her age, such a fine set of legs and an arse...mm mm!

ReputationRep:
    A girl asked me to spot her once. It was uncomfortable... especially when she was struggling and couldn't hold the weight. Thinking back to it now, I probably shouldn't have been leaning on the bar while she was trying to lift it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah loads of times. It's no big deal. Nothing's ever developed though; seeing as I've never thought of taking it further

ReputationRep:
    The amount of girls I see and wanna just **** the **** out of in gym is ridiculous.

It's not even like I'm some virgin or something but the bodies I see are just :P

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.