The Student Room Group

18 year old girl in a relationship with a 24 year old guy?

Poll

Is it acceptable?

Is it acceptable??

Scroll to see replies

A mate who's 20 is seeing a 32 year old, whatever floats your boat.
Yeah i think it is.
Reply 3
Of course it is! Age is just a number after all....unless of course theres a reeeeaaally big age gap then its a bit creepy :P
Reply 4
Erm... no
yeah it is, but just be carful :smile:
Reply 6
Of course its acceptable. As long as you're happy together, who cares? Its hardly a huge age gap, like 18 and 50, which some may question. The only issue may be if the older person was in a different stage of their life, eg. wanting kids right now etc and it became an issue.
Reply 7
Yes
yep:yes:
I'm 24, its a toughy, but overall, 18................Bring it!
Reply 10
By the usual rule of thumb (where the lower limit of what's acceptable is half the guy's age plus 7), it's just on the wrong side of the borderline. However, this is just a rule of thumb, and a very borderline ruling at that; definitely not enough to condemn the relationship by itself.
Reply 11
i'd say its just about ok
Reply 12
odd but not unaceptable
Of course it's acceptable. Both over the age of consent so it shouldn't be a problem. That said, it's not that bad if say a 14-year-old was in a relationship with a 17-year-old (and obviously this does happen) just so long as it wasn't a sexual relationship.
Reply 14
Of course its acceptable. You only live once, if you really like someone be with them.
I think its perfectly fine. Age doesnt matter.
Reply 16
I'm 18 and had a relationship with a 25 year old and we ended up breaking up because of the age gap. Not only because I figured out that in his first year of university (my age now), I was actually starting Year 6 (how creepy!) but because he couldn't stop treating me like a child, he wanted things to be serious and settle down whereas I was like "lalalala I just want a bit of fun!" and in the end it just didn't work out for us. I wanted it to because everyone was saying it WASN'T acceptable (when we started going out, I was 17 and he was 24) and I wanted prove that age was just a number, but inevitably it wasn't. So if you're thinking about it, think carefully and be careful! Age is more significant than you think (well, it was for me anyway).
Reply 17
An 18 year old with a 70 year old wouldn't be a problem for me. A nor should it be for you.
Reply 18
Some people actually voted no?

:facepalm:
Acceptable, yes.
Going to last very long, probably not.*

*Then again, the same can be said for any relationship that involves an 18 year old.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending