The Student Room Group

Guys: It really isn't that hard

I just felt like posting this on here; I"m a somewhat shy guy, 19, and I always comment on other's topics about just being yourself and just asking the girl or trying to start a conversation with her to see what she says.

Well I did that today; a very attractive girl was leaving our Chem 2 lecture and I just asked her where she was going and if she liked coffee, just like that. 2 minutes later she got my number and ended up driving me to Starbucks where we hung out, talked, and got to know each other.

Kind of corny, yes, but just throwing this out there for all the guys who are really nervous. If a girl is giving you look and smiling at you , chances are she just wants you to say hi.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That's what she said.
Well, speaking for myself I'd have to disagree and say that it's very hard. rock hard. I could use it as a towel rack.

Hm, was slightly let down by the content of your thread with such a qwerky and sexually orientated title.

To answer your OP, not a lot of guys have that much confidence, and fear the rejection many people often experience. Good for you for throwing yourself out there though, but unfortunately not everyone has that sort of confidence :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Young Spade
I just felt like posting this on here; I"m a somewhat shy guy, 19, and I always comment on other's topics about just being yourself and just asking the girl or trying to start a conversation with her to see what she says.

Well I did that today; a very attractive girl was leaving our Chem 2 lecture and I just asked her where she was going and if she liked coffee, just like that. 2 minutes later she got my number and ended up driving me to Starbucks where we hung out, talked, and got to know each other.

Kind of corny, yes, but just throwing this out there for all the guys who are really nervous. If a girl is giving you look and smiling at you , chances are she just wants you to say hi.

:five: I was stunned when i discovered this as well, watch out for snobby girls though
Reply 5
Original post by bognor-regis
Well, speaking for myself I'd have to disagree and say that it's very hard. rock hard. I could use it as a towel rack.

Haha now I get it, you're talking about your penis!
You guys are messed up :biggrin:
I wasn't even thinking about that cumming into this thread...
Reply 7
Original post by Jadelyndsey
Hm, was slightly let down by the content of your thread with such a qwerky and sexually orientated title.

:colone:

To answer your OP, not a lot of guys have that much confidence

in reference to him, you can NEVER be too modest.
Reply 8
Original post by Young Spade

If you were a short guy then she would probably have slapped you.
Original post by djgoebbels
Haha now I get it, you're talking about your penis!

Hey we're on the same wavelength that's for sure. Like two peas in a pod.

Be my friend?
Reply 10
Yea... I didn't think of the title in reference to sex... obviously that's the norm here -_-. Oh and of course you have people posting about sexual jokes....meh.
Reply 11
Original post by bognor-regis

Make sure your sister doesn't hang her towel on it- she may get pregnant.
ever heard of Cabin crew smile ?
Reply 13

To answer your OP, not a lot of guys have that much confidence, and fear the rejection many people often experience. Good for you for throwing yourself out there though, but unfortunately not everyone has that sort of confidence :biggrin:

Or maybe not everyone is that lucky to get the girl's number and hang out with her, even if they had confidence :s-smilie:
Original post by Ich Dien
:colone:

in reference to him, you can NEVER be too modest.

:biggrin: hahaha :wink:. Don't quite understand what you mean about modest though?
Reply 15
......in America!
Original post by Harry.C

Come on man, give me a break please. I made one bad error of judgement :frown:(and I'm not gonna jack off in the pool anymore) and one mistake with not understanding how the anon function works:mad:.

I bet you've made mistakes in your life.
Original post by Harry.C

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Bloody hell, TSR is killing me with laughter today...
Don't give them advice OP, or people like us will get more competition if more shy guys start approaching girls.
Mine isn't that hard either. It just remains semi flaccid no matter how much I try :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending