The Student Room Group

Girls: Would you date a guy with Treacher Collins syndrome? Photo included?

Would you date someone who was facially disfigured like this guy.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AgdYd63zMhQ/SJFkCSlGqdI/AAAAAAAAA7U/TVRLri3x8qQ/s400/blog080731_080724_20_KellyRudy.jpg

And be honest! By the way, I haven't got the disease.

Scroll to see replies

He better make up for it, if you know what I mean :mmm:

Lol, I totally saw the neg. rep. coming XD
(edited 13 years ago)
Erm am sure someone out there would.
I Erm don't know perhaps if your personality
Was great then yes I suppose.
Reverse the question back to you OP. Would you date a girl with Collins syndrome?
Reply 4
Depends on his personality, and his confidence. It wouldn't be his appearance that put me off, but if he spent all his time being embarrassed, withdrawn and worrying about what people think then that would be a turn off. If he's funny, happy and confident in himself then sure, why not? =)
Reply 5
There was a bbc 3 documentary on a guy with Treacher Collins syndrome wasn't there.
Reply 6
Any girl who says yes, if he has a nice personality is a not only lying to us but lying to their selves to try and make out they are not as vein as we all are
Reply 7
Original post by CountMancula

Original post by CountMancula
Reverse the question back to you OP. Would you date a girl with Collins syndrome?

Honestly, no I don't think I could. I don't mean to sound shallow, but It would be uncomfortable for me to date someone who was facially disfigured that much.
Reply 8
Original post by Manc990
Any girl who says yes, if he has a nice personality is a not only lying to us but lying to their selves to try and make out they are not as vein as we all are

Actually some people just aren't as bothered about the way people look.
Reply 9
Aaaaw. :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by dunnicare

Original post by dunnicare
There was a bbc 3 documentary on a guy with Treacher Collins syndrome wasn't there.

Yes, there was. They seem to show that programme every other week lol. I really admire that guy though.
Well the guy on the documentary had quite a good-looking gf if I recall.
I won't lie, his appearance wouldn't bring an initial attraction, but I wouldn't not talk or get to know him because of it; and if he made me laugh and we got on well then I'd definitely date him. Basing appearances on whether or not you'd date someone won't exactly get you very far.
Im more freaked out by the t-shirt :lolwut:
No

inb4girlwhiteknights
Some would, some wouldn't. C'est la vie mon ami.
Reply 16
Original post by Manc990

Original post by Manc990

:facepalm:

Tell that to the girls who are dating people with the syndrome.

It is impossible to know the answer unless you were in the position where you were close to someone with the syndrome.
Personally no sorry :/
This is largely because there would is a 50/50 chance any child he has will have treachers syndrome too. The condition can vary with severity as well - some babies can be born completely unable to breathe and have to have their jaws snapped and all sorts of horrible painful stuff.
One day I want children with my partner so it just wouldn't be right.
Reply 18
If I liked them enough and got to know them then yeah maybe.
This guy has an attractive girlfriend and is on TV a lot:

Reply 19
Well as much as I hate to say it, if I saw him in a bar or club I wouldn't- that's almost always an apperance first, personality second type of matching.

If I was in love with him it wouldn't make any difference, so if I were friends with him before in a personality first, apperance second scenario (which is obviously the best type) of course I would date him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending