The Student Room Group

I want to find true love

So I saw the royal wedding on TV earlier, and I just saw how much in love William and Kate looked. Like they really loved each other and enjoyed each others company and have really great times together.

So I was thinking, I'd really like to meet someone like that. A girl that I could just be completely myself and we could have great days together. Days out having fun, having a laugh, that sort of thing. I never seem to be able to do this, I'm a 17 year old guy and I've never been in a relationship, but that's not the point of the thread really. I just thought how fantastic it must be to have someone like that, who you really care about, and they really care about you, and that's what I really want someday. I never really get close with girls at all, and just can't see it happen. I just really hope that one day the right girl can come along, forgive my faults and just love me, and I love her. It would be brilliant.

Do you think I'm asking too much?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
..It's a wedding. If they didn't look in love on their wedding day, there would be serious issues in that marriage!
You sound like a poof.
I agree : ) I haven't been able to achieve this yet but I believe that it can happen : )
x
Reply 4
Aww that's cute :h: Lots of girls want the same,so I'm sure you'll find one somehow!
Reply 5

Tell me about it
Reply 6
Of course it not too much ask, hun, but you have to remember it won't always be easy, William and Kate has been together for a long time, and they been through a lot.

It easy to love someone when it going well, and everything just feel perfect, but you have to love them, when things are not going well, and you accept and embrace there fault, and still be able to stand by them and love them even when they disappoint you.

Your only 17, you got a lot of time to find someone that will love you unconditionally. =)
just don't give up hope, when things doesn't go well
Reply 7
Gonna lol when they get divorced.
Reply 8
Random but interesting question to OP..would you be bothered about the girls looks? So you can be yourself around her, she loves you no matter what, you share the same sense of humour, but she is as ugly as sin. Would you mind?
Reply 9
Original post by ForKicks
Random but interesting question to OP..would you be bothered about the girls looks? So you can be yourself around her, she loves you no matter what, you share the same sense of humour, but she is as ugly as sin. Would you mind?

Hmm, good question. I have this sort of romanticised image of the perfect girl being a great person, and having nice looks. I think that I'd prefer her to look nice, but I don't think it really matters too much.
i've got everything you described. it's great, the best thing, to be completely comfortable with somebody. it's not easy going, but it's worth it. i'm sure you'll get there one day, so good luck :smile:
Good luck finding love, I'm still unsure it even exists. If you ever find it and can put the feeling into words, inbox me. :smile:
Original post by truelovestory
So I saw the royal wedding on TV earlier, and I just saw how much in love William and Kate looked. Like they really loved each other and enjoyed each others company and have really great times together.

So I was thinking, I'd really like to meet someone like that. A girl that I could just be completely myself and we could have great days together. Days out having fun, having a laugh, that sort of thing. I never seem to be able to do this, I'm a 17 year old guy and I've never been in a relationship, but that's not the point of the thread really. I just thought how fantastic it must be to have someone like that, who you really care about, and they really care about you, and that's what I really want someday. I never really get close with girls at all, and just can't see it happen. I just really hope that one day the right girl can come along, forgive my faults and just love me, and I love her. It would be brilliant.

Get some money first, the girl will come a running then.
That's how ive been feeling today!!!!!!!!! :frown:

One day Harry will find me though.
Unfortunately, you're the only one looking for love. Oh wait...
Reply 15
Original post by INeedToLoseWeight
That's how ive been feeling today!!!!!!!!! :frown:

One day Harry will find me though.

Ah, I saw your thread and noticed that I felt similar :smile:
Original post by truelovestory

No you're not, it can happen :smile:
Reply 17
You don't find love, it finds you :smile:

*cheesy moment*
Reply 18
Original post by summerlove
Of course it not too much ask, hun, but you have to remember it won't always be easy, William and Kate has been together for a long time, and they been through a lot.

It easy to love someone when it going well, and everything just feel perfect, but you have to love them, when things are not going well, and you accept and embrace there fault, and still be able to stand by them and love them even when they disappoint you.

Your only 17, you got a lot of time to find someone that will love you unconditionally. =)
just don't give up hope, when things doesn't go well

Thanks for your input, I'll try not to give up hope :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by ShadowConspiracy
Get some money first, the girl will come a running then.

A bit cynical is it not? :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending