The Student Room Group

What the **** is wrong with Student Finance?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Come on man, give them a break. They are handling a record number of applications this year, it's not fair to say that; of course they will lose some documents- they can be replaced in no time. Take on of these:

Original post by Flying Cookie
What's the neg for? Does your mummy work for them? :indiff:

i'd assume the "Negs" are because you are acting like a stupid brat. If this is the type of attitude you display on customer service lines then it's no wonder you are having problems.

It's bloody obvious that the website gets updated differantly. You just need to be patient. You sent all they asked. Now you wait. If there has been a mistake, you don't let rip at some poor min wage guy down the phone who's just trying to help you.

**** happens, you roll with it or you get covered. Simple as that. If they lost something, then you have to work out a way to resend it. If there is confusion about years away that never existed...then you need to be on the phone calmly talking through with the CS rep about it and then you need to wait patiently for the website to update to reflect the conversation.

Stop being a brat and grow the **** up.
Original post by barrett1987
i'd assume the "Negs" are because you are acting like a stupid brat. If this is the type of attitude you display on customer service lines then it's no wonder you are having problems.

It's bloody obvious that the website gets updated differantly. You just need to be patient. You sent all they asked. Now you wait. If there has been a mistake, you don't let rip at some poor min wage guy down the phone who's just trying to help you.

**** happens, you roll with it or you get covered. Simple as that. If they lost something, then you have to work out a way to resend it. If there is confusion about years away that never existed...then you need to be on the phone calmly talking through with the CS rep about it and then you need to wait patiently for the website to update to reflect the conversation.

Stop being a brat and grow the **** up.

Next time you reply, take the time to read the thread. That way you wouldn't be on about things that don't exist, such as me talking on the phone with them which I never did. Being paid low is no excuse for poor service. You'd also know that in fact I have already received my documents.

Brat? It's called outrage and passion for trying to get a dysfunctional system to work. You know, unlike those who roll with ****, I like to wipe the **** off of my shoulder.
Original post by Flying Cookie
Next time you reply, take the time to read the thread. That way you wouldn't be on about things that don't exist, such as me talking on the phone with them which I never did. Being paid low is no excuse for poor service. You'd also know that in fact I have already received my documents.

Brat? It's called outrage and passion for trying to get a dysfunctional system to work. You know, unlike those who roll with ****, I like to wipe the **** off of my shoulder.

If this is the type of attitude you display on customer service lines then it's no wonder you are having problems.

I've bolded something for you.
Yes i read the thread, its full of you ranting and raging then some slight backtracking as the website is eventually updated and your documents show up.

Again, i just judge how you come across in this thread. A Brat. Throwing toys out of the pram.
Reply 24
Patience is definitely key with SF :yep:

I did my application about 3 weeks ago and it took them about a fortnight to send me an email confirming it and saying that they were going to send the forms to my parents.

Although there's no doubt the SF causes pretty much everyone to enter RAGE MODE :rofl:
Reply 25
Original post by DLJ
Come on man, give them a break. They are handling a record number of applications this year, it's not fair to say that; of course they will lose some documents- they can be replaced in no time. Take on of these:

Do you work for them? The record number off applications excuse gets rolled out every year. It's not exactly hard for them to plan and predict these increases.
Reply 26
Local authorities always managed to prepare for it properly after all, and it's not as if SFE haven't been warned every year since 2006.
Reply 27
SFE would cease to exist if someone else offered student loans at an anywhere near reasonable rate.
The ONLY reason they can get away with being so inefficient and utterly incompetent is because they have the monopoly in student loans - no competition means no reason to improve.

They simply should not expect us to accept the excuse of "record number of applications" - the number of applications has been rising every year for as long as time itself - how hard can it be to see that there is a very obvious trend and plan accordingly? not very.
Student finance has always been rubbish. They probably will continue to be rubbish. We put up with it because they're the ones giving us our loans.

And actually, unless your circumstances change it's a lot easier to reapply for the next years funding.
Its a public service company.

Aka a bunch of useless, half-assed workers running a half-assed show.
Some of you critical clowns want to try getting a career development loan from Barclays or the Coop.
That shows that when it comes to inefficiency private companies can screw up as well as any one!
They think I have a child.

I've not applied for my final year finance yet.

I really do wonder sometimes...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending