The Student Room Group

Contraception

I'm just about to start sleeping with a guy I've been seeing, only I'm wondering about contraception?

I'm not on the pill at the moment and don't really want to go it again at this very second (it's not THAT reliable...). Only thing is, I'm not mad keen on the idea of condoms either - are they good? Not? I'd imagine they'd ruin it all and aren't they a bit of a hassle to put on? Then dispose of? I'm not sure myself how to put them on (which does sound embarrassing!)

Any comments? Are they ok once you 'get going?'

Scroll to see replies

The pill is 'not that good'???? It's over 99% effective if taken correctly!!! Nothing protects 100%, so that's one of the best you'll come across!!!
:ditto: The pill is more reliable than condoms will ever be. They could rip or tear, and they are disgusting to use, really!!! I say the Pill!!! :smile:
Reply 3
Anonymous
I'm just about to start sleeping with a guy I've been seeing, only I'm wondering about contraception?

I'm not on the pill at the moment and don't really want to go it again at this very second (it's not THAT reliable...). Only thing is, I'm not mad keen on the idea of condoms either - are they good? Not? I'd imagine they'd ruin it all and aren't they a bit of a hassle to put on? Then dispose of? I'm not sure myself how to put them on (which does sound embarrassing!)

Any comments? Are they ok once you 'get going?'

Have you considered anal sex?
Howard

Eeeew eeew eeeeeeewwwww!!!!!

Anyways, she would still have to use a condom to protect against STI's (that's me being responsible :biggrin: )
Definitely Anal Sex. *Cough*

If not that, Then use condoms in combination with the pill. That should give you about 99.9999% protection if not less.
call the family planning association. 0845 310 1334 .they will give you EXCELLENT advice

xxx
Reply 7
There's nout wrong with condoms at all! I'd rather use them than have a baby at the moment. I'm on the injection (i use condoms too) which has the same failiure rate as the pill. The failiures of the pill and jab are those people who don't take it properly.
If you don't know how to put a condom I'm sure the bloke you're sleeping with will know! Then watch and learn! You need to discuss this with your partner. You should really be having sex using a condom anyways, to protect against STI's, as they are the only method of contraception that does that. Yes, they are disgusting and slimy and smell of rubber and are basically just gross, but they have to be used. Get used to it. What would you rather...an STI, a baby, or cracking sex (with a little bit of hassle at the beginning? I know what one I choose!!!)
I'm on the injection too. No need to worry about times/days and remembering to take the pill. Just go back every 3-6 months to have another. How simple and FREE can you get. Plus, when I have my injection she gives me like 100 condoms free too! (and good ones!!!)

Family Planning Clinic all the way!!!!
^ Agreed! ^ It's just so convenient, and when you can get them for free, who's complaining?!
Howard

I'm not sure why I find that so hysterically funny, but for some reason, I do :smile:
Lady_Muck
I'm not sure why I find that so hysterically funny, but for some reason, I do :smile:

I laughed out loud too. Maybe it's a girl thing, laughing at boys' 'irrelevant' humour!!! Hehe :smile:
Reply 13
Anonymous
(it's not THAT reliable...).
What planet are you from!?
Planet 'I haven't got a clue about contraception' I think!
Howard

Have you considered being un-gross?

Anal sex is just the wrongest thing in the actual world.
*heave*
Reply 16
reduced risk. It's what she wants. The more you can reduce it the better.

"I can see why you posted anonymously."
^constructive post..
Reply 17
Most forms of contraception are at about 99% safe, so why both with a bath. Sounds stupid to me. If worst comes to worst, abortion :tongue:.

- Or a good punch in the stomache! .. Joking :tongue:.

This bath theory sounds about as good as the salt and vinager crisp packet theory.
Reply 18
sketchie
Most forms of contraception are at about 99% safe
EXCEPT condoms, which are ***** and only 85% reliable.

Death to condoms.
85%?! where did you get that from.......i thought they were 99.9% too? when used properly....

Latest

Trending

Trending