The Student Room Group

Sleeping with my professor

I think I'm somewhat in over my head here, but I was just wondering if a student can get in trouble for sleeping with her professor. I mean, if it's consensual and all, could I still get into trouble at uni if I was found out by say, friends/coursemates and they told the uni? I searched the website for any rules against it and as far as I can see there's nothing that says that you can't do it.

I ask because me and one of my professors slept together for the first time recently, and I think I might do it again. I really like him and it's just a casual thing. He doesn't seem too bothered by the fact that I'm his student so I'm guessing it's allowed? But I just wanted to see if anyone knows if you can be kicked off your course or something like that.

(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I suppose it's pretty unprofessional on his part, but still ...

:sexface:
Reply 2
i think it's just frowned upon, but don't quote me on that
Probably won't be you in trouble it would be him.

He officially will need to declare it so that he will be removed from being involved with assessing your work.

Most of the time in these situations though the academic won't declare it.

Where this will end messy is if the professor isn't declaring it, then breaks off the 'relationship' and the OP gets bitter about it, if she then starts making it known then he's going to be in trouble.
Reply 4
Stuff's graded anonymously these days pretty much to get around that. You're both consenting adults I think you can get away with it actually. What you do with your personal life is your problem. :teehee:

But yeah just in case don't be stupid and go telling everyone and their nanny about it, a'ight?
No, it's him who is in a position of trust and responsibility, so if the University found out, he'd probably lose his job. But I'd hire him straight away if that happened because he is a ****ing legend! :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
Anon or delete please.

I think I'm somewhat in over my head here, but I was just wondering if a student can get in trouble for sleeping with her professor. I mean, if it's consensual and all, could I still get into trouble at uni if I was found out by say, friends/coursemates and they told the uni? I searched the website for any rules against it and as far as I can see there's nothing that says that you can't do it.

I ask because me and one of my professors slept together for the first time recently, and I think I might do it again. I really like him and it's just a casual thing. He doesn't seem too bothered by the fact that I'm his student so I'm guessing it's allowed? But I just wanted to see if anyone knows if you can be kicked off your course or something like that.

This is how my friends parents met :tongue:
I suppose if it has no bearing on how you're performing in class or anything
then it shouldn't be any different to any other relationship
Original post by This Honest
I was expecting something completely different :colondollar:

Bedtime stories :sexface:
Reply 8
Oh yea also, I'm curious how these situations come about. Did he make a move on you?
Reply 9
Hey he must be ****ting himself by now-just a quick question, would you feel guilty if he lost his job
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Jelephant
Nothing to stop her telling him "mine is the one with a star in the corner" or whatever.

OP doesn't seem to be after that, though. But good point.
Well your paper will have your University ID or something to identify you, so I think a Professor can work it out :rolleyes: but yeah, keep quiet.
It must be awkward in the classroom!
Reply 13
Original post by Jelephant
Nothing to stop her telling him "mine is the one with a star in the corner" or whatever.

They've got anonymous marking at my place, it's all on your card number... but the lecturers have a name to card number register anyway.

Anyway OP shag away... unless he's married, in which case you're a heartless homewrecker obviously.

Did have a female fellow student going out with a lecturer but she was very open about it so none of us felt she was doing anything underhanded that'd put us at a disadvantage wrt marking.

If you try keeping it secret and your coursemates find out, you could end up being shunned I guess.
Reply 14
I think what would bother me most is that unless this is his first ever year as a professor then it probably isn't the first time he's done this. Op it's probable that he does this every year, it is even possible that you are not the only one this year.
Reply 15
First time I heard someone slept with their professor :/
Why has a mod gone through and deleted half the responses here? Complete ****ing killjoys. Just because you're a square who doesn't have the mildest sense of banter.
Reply 17
dont mean to be rude but does that then make him a pedo? how old is he about??
Reply 18
Original post by itchy and scratchy

surprisingly no. Besides, it's a large lecture hall and I sit closer to the back most days, so we don't really interact during lectures, though I don't think he'll be awkward about it or anything, at least I hope.
Reply 19
Original post by itchy and scratchy

yeah i know...thats quite embarrassing

OP does he like act awkward infront of you...like not stare into your eyes or somthing

anyway i can talk i used to fancy my history teacher:eek:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending