The Student Room Group

missed 3 pills, took 3 together last night

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wm123
Of course it does. Disgraceful.

I do hope you have a steady income and a solid environment for this baby you would happily bring into this world.

The girl has already said that she is not having sex...
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
thank you

i know on the other pill i was on (microgynon 30) if you missed one you took two together (the one you missed and that days one as normal)

I don't know about the ins and outs of microgynon and so on but I can say safely that with most pills and medication taking two to make up for a missed day as a general rule of thumb is a no no. Consult your GP first, not saying that your actions might have resulted in anything bad and that the same applies with hormone pills but it's ignorance like that which results in overdoses.
Reply 22
Just go to the Pharmacy and ask them. Then at least if they think there's a problem, they can advice you waht to do about it.

I forgot to take my pill one day, and got soo stressed about it because the instructions were very ambiguous - went to the pharmacy and they were saying that the instructions on that pill are rubbish and need to be updated, and told me exactly what I needed to do (as well as printing off some more up to date instructions)

So yeah, pharmacists are very helpful, go say hi to one :biggrin:
Reply 23
im not having sex so im not worried about that side of it

was just thinking from a period/screwing up my body side of it

im normally **** hot at taking my pill, i dont know how the hell i forgot 3! well actually i forgot two really but took three last night (last nights one and the two nights before that)

Why did you feel the need to have 3 at once, especially if you're not even having sex? My girlfriend is on the microgynon pill and if she forgot to take one she'd take it as soon as she remembered, but never one after the other as it's just pointless?

I'm a guy and know more about it than you so I suggest you go to your doctor and ask them to explain how the pill actually works to you as I don't think you have a clue...
Original post by hoodboilu4
I don't know about the ins and outs of microgynon and so on but I can say safely that with most pills and medication taking two to make up for a missed day as a general rule of thumb is a no no. Consult your GP first, not saying that your actions might have resulted in anything bad and that the same applies with hormone pills but it's ignorance like that which results in overdoses.

well as its the weekend i really couldnt ask my GP but i'll keep that in mind again thanks

Original post by twelve
Just go to the Pharmacy and ask them. Then at least if they think there's a problem, they can advice you waht to do about it.

I forgot to take my pill one day, and got soo stressed about it because the instructions were very ambiguous - went to the pharmacy and they were saying that the instructions on that pill are rubbish and need to be updated, and told me exactly what I needed to do (as well as printing off some more up to date instructions)

So yeah, pharmacists are very helpful, go say hi to one :biggrin:

as its sunday i couldnt go and ask a pharmacist but will bare that in mind if it ever happens again (which i will do my very best not to let it)

thanks
Original post by aidanftw
Why did you feel the need to have 3 at once, especially if you're not even having sex? My girlfriend is on the microgynon pill and if she forgot to take one she'd take it as soon as she remembered, but never one after the other as it's just pointless?

I'm a guy and know more about it than you so I suggest you go to your doctor and ask them to explain how the pill actually works to you as I don't think you have a clue...

this is a new pill to me, only my second month on it, i know how the combined pill works TYVM but this is the mini pill

oh and btw if your girl misses one she needs to take two, the one she missed and that days one as normal
ive lost them

it makes no odds to him whether i take my pill or not, it effects me not him

It takes two people to get pregnant. "it effects me not him [sic]" probably won't be your song of choice when you expect him to pay child support because you were taking the pill half-assed.
my OH said i shouldnt have done that, should i have or not? im ok the mini pill cerazette

what will it mean for my body? i dont mean pregnancy im not worried about that

If you mean you took all 3 at once last nite, then I fear for your intelligence.
Original post by ziedj
It takes two people to get pregnant. "it effects me not him [sic]" probably won't be your song of choice when you expect him to pay child support because you were taking the pill half-assed.

for gods sake, what do you not understand about the words

I AM NOT HAVING SEX
Reply 29
this is a new pill to me, only my second month on it, i know how the combined pill works TYVM but this is the mini pill

oh and btw if your girl misses one she needs to take two, the one she missed and that days one as normal

Yeah I know, you just take it as soon as you remember. Still though, you should have made sure you understood stuff like that when the doc gave you a prescription. Especially if you're forgetful enough to have missed 2 days in a row.
Original post by aidanftw
Yeah I know, you just take it as soon as you remember. Still though, you should have made sure you understood stuff like that when the doc gave you a prescription. Especially if you're forgetful enough to have missed 2 days in a row.

im not normally forgetful, i dont know what the hell happned
Reply 31
im not having sex so im not worried about that side of it

was just thinking from a period/screwing up my body side of it

im normally **** hot at taking my pill, i dont know how the hell i forgot 3! well actually i forgot two really but took three last night (last nights one and the two nights before that)

I don't know much about your specific pill, but in general I think you are MEANT to take the pill as soon as you remember you've forgotten it. Don't know if that applies if you forget 2 though.

Side effects, you may have some bleeding because you had been off the pill for a time. I doubt there will be any problems. You should find the instructions on line though and have a look.

And you've already said the sex thing isn't a problem, but just for the record I think it's one week which you aren't protected for. You should also keep an eye out if you've had sex before you missed them (might be a week before as well, might be less, can't remember).

At the end of it all if you're worried go to the pharmacist or your GP to ask.

xxx
you cant have a baby unless you have sex :wink:

so like i was saying, it doesnt effect him

apparently periods on the mini pill can be all over the place anyway

thanks

Oh sorry! My apologies :smile:

Might have been worth while declaring that at the start though or not mentioning the OH.
Reply 33
Your ovaries are going to explode. :sadnod:
Original post by EskimoJo

This is true I'm afraid.
Original post by EskimoJo

well its not like i need them lol

I don't think that's right.

From what I remember, the leaflet said 'take it as soon as you remember up to X hours later, if you miss a pill completely, do not take a double dose, but continue to take the pill as normal but use another form of contraception for the next 7 days'.

But that was like 3 years ago, so maybe they changed it. Seems stupid to take two though.

You're meant to take you're next dose and not double dose. You only take a second one if it's within a couple of hours of the missed one.
Reply 39
I'm on the same pill, I believe it says if you miss one, take it as soon as possible and then take the next one at the normal time. Dunno about two days though. You might get a little bleeding but I'm not sure, it didn't say in the leaflet. Since it says you should be protected from pregnancy 7 days after missing one, I'd assume that's when your periods will go back to whatever they're normally like on the pill.

Quick Reply

Latest