The Student Room Group

Bulking up regime

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by RawJoh1
Maintainance depends on various things, it is different for different people.

but on products here it says 2000 for males and 1500 for females!
Original post by tnajamie
but on products here it says 2000 for males and 1500 for females!

on the products i get it says 2000 for females, 2500 for males

best just to work out your own BMR, add exercise and go from there cause mine is higher than the products say it should be (2500)
Reply 22
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
on the products i get it says 2000 for females, 2500 for males

best just to work out your own BMR, add exercise and go from there cause mine is higher than the products say it should be (2500)

well I get 2500 and lose like 300 through excercise so like take in 2200 ... my maintenance is 2200 I think
4 stone in a year is not totally inconceivable. When I first started training, I put on 10kg in 10 weeks with minimal fat gains. However my gains did slow down hugely after that, could of been a combination aof muscle but mostly fat.

As for bulking up, deadlifts, squats, bench press, some isolations exercises, **** load of foot, bit of cardio on off days= body of a god.
Original post by teeps34
Hi, I am about to start attempting to bulk myself up for rugby, and was wondering if anyone had any good exercises or training regimes for piling on muscle quick? Also any hints as to what to avoid would be appreciated here, thanks!

With bulking you need a good diet which gives you at least 2500 calories (personally I'm aiming for 3000).

The diet should have an even balance between Carbohydrates, Fat and Protein... there are minimums you should have each day and working out your BMR should help you get to that just add extra on to the minimum.

Can't help on exercises though :frown:
Reply 25
eat heavy, lift heavy its that easy sort of.

Quick Reply

Latest