The Student Room Group

like this Pakistani girl but im non muslim..should i pursue it or give up.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by tanveer2k12
no forget it op you are not dating my sister.

im serious

I didn't know you owned your sisters in that way that you won't even let them make decisions on their own.
I really doubt she would be your sister because she is not narrow minded like you.
how will you stop me dating/marrying her? what can you do?
:smile:
Reply 101
Original post by Iqbal007
In Islam, you can't be racist, thats what I'm saying...... them being Muslim should be enough for the permissibility of marriage. Well I'm Muslim myself, i try my best to adhere to all the rules as possible.

That's true to an extent, however being Muslim plays a part, hence why I stay away from culture especially when it concerns things like this where it conflicts.

ok nps good to hear different beliefs.
There should be no opposition to it if both are happy and have similar beliefs.
Original post by Anonymous
ok nps good to hear different beliefs.
There should be no opposition to it if both are happy and have similar beliefs.

You can only oppose if the other person has flaws, etc or something bad about them in their current state.
i think tsr thinks im posting too many boring responses to your interesting messages..im not quotable anymore :'(
you're totally right about the getting closer part. I guess i should be careful she is comfortable. i don't want to do anything that makes her feel uncomfortable. i'll just need to wait for the im totally into it look. :smile:
you don't want to hear me sing..especially if you're a real musician..now i feel nervous.

ive started on the poetry stage but not too much yet. jk. Running away is prob not a good idea. check out my list of songs part of my story in my last reply

lol ur identity is revealed!!! :smile: how come you are still posting as anonymous?

lol and your responses arent boring!

i liked 2,3,5,6,7 (8 didnt work),9 (i like 10 which i am gna edit the poetryy abit), 11 was ok too depressing, 12 was one of those that my mum still listens to! lol. 13 didnt work. iv sang 14!!!:wink:

(following from a chronological order from the order you posted the videoos)

buh cool story idea- i only remember the song from the film layla and Majnun, i reccomend reading the book- it`s amazing! :tongue: my favourite segment is the end- Layla aftar marrying Ibn Salim dies after an illness (her husband dies before). Majnun weeps at her gravestone, he has left the world and stays in the company of wild animals. he stays for years at her gravestone and dies too and when his bones turn to dust the animals leave too. it is then said that Layla and Majnun are reunited in heaven and are in total bliss- in each other`s company- this was their destiny, true union! :rolleyes:

lol your "version" what`s happening there? im not quite sure about the ending- i assume you told her and judging by other posts her brother? isnt happy? is she?
whatever is happening you all need to stay calm- no-one wants to end up staying stuff in the heat of the moment which you may regret later! also, any brother would firstly be abit iffy about her sisters bf- hes probably just looking out for her!

:confused:

oh yes and im not a "real musician" music is just my souls dedication! lol and theres no need to ber nervous, true music comes from the soul :cool:

i thought id add a few songs too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9OEC3CD9Uo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX4SfsjaNsk - i only heard this a few days ago- liking the beat..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p7Pv8EQqHU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghju5hs8cWs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwrPWN8IqxA

i was going to add heer- buh im sure you`ve heard it!!!

Reply 104
thanks HumiT you're a life saver :wink:
think i kind of just outed myself with my yt links lol. what do you think of my yt movie song story :smile:

i just have to take the risk if people don't like me then nothing i can do i guess. :s-smilie::confused:

At first I was like :cry2: they don't get together and then I was thinking couldn't it be like Bollywood where they 'live happily ever after' :colondollar: But I guess sometimes that's reality :redface:

I don't see no reason why anyone won't like you, you seem like a nice guy :biggrin:
Original post by Petro_99
lol ur identity is revealed!!! :smile: how come you are still posting as anonymous?

lol and your responses arent boring!

i liked 2,3,5,6,7 (8 didnt work),9 (i like 10 which i am gna edit the poetryy abit), 11 was ok too depressing, 12 was one of those that my mum still listens to! lol. 13 didnt work. iv sang 14!!!:wink:

(following from a chronological order from the order you posted the videoos)

buh cool story idea- i only remember the song from the film layla and Majnun, i reccomend reading the book- it`s amazing! :tongue: my favourite segment is the end- Layla aftar marrying Ibn Salim dies after an illness (her husband dies before). Majnun weeps at her gravestone, he has left the world and stays in the company of wild animals. he stays for years at her gravestone and dies too and when his bones turn to dust the animals leave too. it is then said that Layla and Majnun are reunited in heaven and are in total bliss- in each other`s company- this was their destiny, true union! :rolleyes:

lol your "version" what`s happening there? im not quite sure about the ending- i assume you told her and judging by other posts her brother? isnt happy? is she?
whatever is happening you all need to stay calm- no-one wants to end up staying stuff in the heat of the moment which you may regret later! also, any brother would firstly be abit iffy about her sisters bf- hes probably just looking out for her!

:confused:

oh yes and im not a "real musician" music is just my souls dedication! lol and theres no need to ber nervous, true music comes from the soul :cool:

i thought id add a few songs too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9OEC3CD9Uo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX4SfsjaNsk - i only heard this a few days ago- liking the beat..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buWLwKDJ99Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p7Pv8EQqHU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghju5hs8cWs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwrPWN8IqxA

i was going to add heer- buh im sure you`ve heard it!!!

i mean im going to post as myself if i get any bad or negful comments then so be it. Pyar kiya to darna kya right :smile: lol. i was posting as anonymous because i also post on the Pakistani thread but havent been upfront about who i am. .but i kind of confessed my background so no going back now lol.

:eek: hopefully things will be ok. i didnt want to offend any people on that thread by being open about my like for this girl.

yesterday was an eventful day for me. i left in my car an hr after i posted on tsr and i wasthinking about her. then i noticed a message from her while at the same time figuring out my way and i slightly bumped into this car in front of me. while im ok my car got damaged. and i was like oh no..explaining to the parents was hard. she actually wanted to go to this talk together. and in my mind i was thinking :handkiss: :hugs: :blushing: Now i think what if i never had the chance to tell her i like her.
you've sang tere naam :P awesome..was it for anyone special? :smile:
i think the missing videos might have been from-yes boss ek din aap and Bol-din pareshan hai. its an amazing Pakistani movie. If you havent seen it you def should.

i'd like to hear your edited version of it.

I will check out the Laila Majnu book. I've only read Romeo Juliet and know about Heer Ranjha. but there are so many love stories from the subcontinent its amazing. i only wish there was an epic Hindu-Muslim love story. Maybe it's up for me to produce that. lol. There is Veer Zaara which is awesome..so i should make a British-Aus version of that :smile:

When you say it it sounds so beautiful. a little graphic as well. But do you think if deathl, passion and years of yearning for love wasn't involved, it would still be considered an epic love story? Or do you think the fact that it has all these elements make it an epic. have you heard the song pathar se na maro mere deewane ko
?
yt is not posting well so have to leave the song posting for a while.

No no the story was just of potential endings. She doesn't know yet neither does her brother. She actually text messaged me about going to this talk...so im pretty excited about it.

i do think you're a musician because you can sing and you can modify songs for your guitar. That's pretty awesome. and great selection of songs you have there as well.

reply more later have to rush for this festival. and my parents r calling.
Original post by HumiT
At first I was like :cry2: they don't get together and then I was thinking couldn't it be like Bollywood where they 'live happily ever after' :colondollar: But I guess sometimes that's reality :redface:

I don't see no reason why anyone won't like you, you seem like a nice guy :biggrin:

i know i should have made a happier ending. :smile: Next time.
thx for the kind words. i guess if i was similar background things would go smoother. :frown: :/
Original post by brownicecream
i mean im going to post as myself if i get any bad or negful comments then so be it. Pyar kiya to darna kya right :smile: lol. i was posting as anonymous because i also post on the Pakistani thread but havent been upfront about who i am. .but i kind of confessed my background so no going back now lol.

:eek: hopefully things will be ok. i didnt want to offend any people on that thread by being open about my like for this girl.

yesterday was an eventful day for me. i left in my car an hr after i posted on tsr and i wasthinking about her. then i noticed a message from her while at the same time figuring out my way and i slightly bumped into this car in front of me. while im ok my car got damaged. and i was like oh no..explaining to the parents was hard. she actually wanted to go to this talk together. and in my mind i was thinking :handkiss: :hugs: :blushing: Now i think what if i never had the chance to tell her i like her.
you've sang tere naam :P awesome..was it for anyone special? :smile:
i think the missing videos might have been from-yes boss ek din aap and Bol-din pareshan hai. its an amazing Pakistani movie. If you havent seen it you def should.

i'd like to hear your edited version of it.

I will check out the Laila Majnu book. I've only read Romeo Juliet and know about Heer Ranjha. but there are so many love stories from the subcontinent its amazing. i only wish there was an epic Hindu-Muslim love story. Maybe it's up for me to produce that. lol. There is Veer Zaara which is awesome..so i should make a British-Aus version of that :smile:

When you say it it sounds so beautiful. a little graphic as well. But do you think if deathl, passion and years of yearning for love wasn't involved, it would still be considered an epic love story? Or do you think the fact that it has all these elements make it an epic. have you heard the song pathar se na maro mere deewane ko
?
yt is not posting well so have to leave the song posting for a while.

No no the story was just of potential endings. She doesn't know yet neither does her brother. She actually text messaged me about going to this talk...so im pretty excited about it.

i do think you're a musician because you can sing and you can modify songs for your guitar. That's pretty awesome. and great selection of songs you have there as well.

reply more later have to rush for this festival. and my parents r calling.

yup just post of yourself- gets abit confusing!!!! especially since you have revealed yourself- there is no going back!!!

and how did you manage to tell your parents about your car? lol and the talk? you are going with her? that`s a good thing, she now sees you as a "friend," just start hanging around with her alot more! AND she initiated which means she is perhaps interested- it may just be friendship initially buh that`l lead to more! :wink:

yup tere naam was for someone special :colondollar: it was actually funny becasue he didnt understand the words so just stared at me the whole time!lol
however those days are gone now...

the edited version will take around a month as im studying and doing lots of other crap too! lol

layla and majnun book- i got it frm amazon!!! and it was quite cheap and all.ALTHOUGH there are lots of bits missed out which are quoted in islamic poetry- my fav bit is when majnun goes to mecca (his father worried thinks a religeous trip will change his ways) he simply tells the kaba about his Layla! and wanders around looking for her when he hears her name (another pilgrim has a daughter called layla and he mistakes her for his Layla). in his "consumation" he steps past lots of people praying and is asked of his disrespectfullness, his reply is " looking for my kaba (layla) i couldnt see anything else, love is a consumation which the heart participates in wholly" he even at times calls himself Layla as he and her are one! :wink:

love is a bizzare thing, it is the complications and obstacles that make it stronger. i think for those classics it is the destiny element, the wait, the obstacles. did you know in real ife Layla was not very good looking? majnun was in synch with her soul, a bond so deep he saw perfection, that is true love. that is why people found it bizarre at the time becasue they never saw her in majnun`s eyes.
if you take your example, you really like this girl right? and you know the probelms that you could face, so you take it slowly and with every moment you feel your attraction increasing, even those little things consume your mind!!! lol yup i think this calls for a novel! lmao

and koi pather say na marey mere dewana ko- is epic!!!
oh and i dont really watch bollywood or evn mch pakistni films- most are quite cheesy. ALTHOUGH i did watch waris shah! :cool:
yup just post of yourself- gets abit confusing!!!! especially since you have revealed yourself- there is no going back!!!

and how did you manage to tell your parents about your car? lol and the talk? you are going with her? that`s a good thing, she now sees you as a "friend," just start hanging around with her alot more! AND she initiated which means she is perhaps interested- it may just be friendship initially buh that`l lead to more! :wink:

yup tere naam was for someone special :colondollar: it was actually funny becasue he didnt understand the words so just stared at me the whole time!lol
however those days are gone now...

the edited version will take around a month as im studying and doing lots of other crap too! lol

layla and majnun book- i got it frm amazon!!! and it was quite cheap and all.ALTHOUGH there are lots of bits missed out which are quoted in islamic poetry- my fav bit is when majnun goes to mecca (his father worried thinks a religeous trip will change his ways) he simply tells the kaba about his Layla! and wanders around looking for her when he hears her name (another pilgrim has a daughter called layla and he mistakes her for his Layla). in his "consumation" he steps past lots of people praying and is asked of his disrespectfullness, his reply is " looking for my kaba (layla) i couldnt see anything else, love is a consumation which the heart participates in wholly" he even at times calls himself Layla as he and her are one! :wink:

love is a bizzare thing, it is the complications and obstacles that make it stronger. i think for those classics it is the destiny element, the wait, the obstacles. did you know in real ife Layla was not very good looking? majnun was in synch with her soul, a bond so deep he saw perfection, that is true love. that is why people found it bizarre at the time becasue they never saw her in majnun`s eyes.
if you take your example, you really like this girl right? and you know the probelms that you could face, so you take it slowly and with every moment you feel your attraction increasing, even those little things consume your mind!!! lol yup i think this calls for a novel! lmao

and koi pather say na marey mere dewana ko- is epic!!!
oh and i dont really watch bollywood or evn mch pakistni films- most are quite cheesy. ALTHOUGH i did watch waris shah! :cool:

There is literally no going back. im known as the freaky bollywood guy on tsr now lol :biggrin: ive been asked my gender twice and once been asked to stop or i should get a sex operation. as if posting bollywood songs in a story format says anything about gender.

i told my parents i was lost and looking at my gps when it happened. they were upset but happy that not much damage had occurred and that i had handled it well. i didn't mention anything about the text message. The talk is related to the course we're studying its an educational talk so nothing super interesting but its a start :smile: my only worry is my car will be in repair and i wont have it for the concert so i will have to go by taxi or prob borrow another's car if we were to avoid public transport.

She is chatting to me by phone a bit more ever since we exchanged numbers and i wait eagerly for her calls lol. when i hear them my heart skips a beat and my heart does somersaults. i am hopefull it will lead to more even if im carless. we were planning to use my car for transportation after the event..but i guess we'll take a bus now.

Well i hope he appreciated the song once he saw subtitles. he'd love saare rishte naate- has some english in it as well as tumse milna from tere naam.

all the best with studying. hope im not disturbing you and i hope Laila Majnu arent eitger.

i do see a bit of laila majnu in our story except she is good looking from my point of view anyway..and i dont think i could think of another when im with her. yes the fire of love is consuming me but im hoping to let this flame burn forever and not turn into smoke anytime soon.
i liked the mecca part of the story.

i know asian films can be cheesy but whats a film without a bit of cheesy romance. there are some good films with strong social messages aswell.like 3 idiots etc
Original post by brownicecream
There is literally no going back. im known as the freaky bollywood guy on tsr now lol :biggrin: ive been asked my gender twice and once been asked to stop or i should get a sex operation. as if posting bollywood songs in a story format says anything about gender.

i told my parents i was lost and looking at my gps when it happened. they were upset but happy that not much damage had occurred and that i had handled it well. i didn't mention anything about the text message. The talk is related to the course we're studying its an educational talk so nothing super interesting but its a start :smile: my only worry is my car will be in repair and i wont have it for the concert so i will have to go by taxi or prob borrow another's car if we were to avoid public transport.

She is chatting to me by phone a bit more ever since we exchanged numbers and i wait eagerly for her calls lol. when i hear them my heart skips a beat and my heart does somersaults. i am hopefull it will lead to more even if im carless. we were planning to use my car for transportation after the event..but i guess we'll take a bus now.

Well i hope he appreciated the song once he saw subtitles. he'd love saare rishte naate- has some english in it as well as tumse milna from tere naam.

all the best with studying. hope im not disturbing you and i hope Laila Majnu arent eitger.

i do see a bit of laila majnu in our story except she is good looking from my point of view anyway..and i dont think i could think of another when im with her. yes the fire of love is consuming me but im hoping to let this flame burn forever and not turn into smoke anytime soon.
i liked the mecca part of the story.

i know asian films can be cheesy but whats a film without a bit of cheesy romance. there are some good films with strong social messages aswell.like 3 idiots etc

freaky bollywood guy and gender? hmmm.... what led to such conclusion? lol

cool excuse with the car- my parents would ask a million questions- so how did you bang the car? you know your eyes should be on the road? lmao and it wud prbbly conclude dah im a rubbish driver- even tho iv jus strtd takn drivin lessons! lmao

and ye he did appreciate the song at the time- as since tuesday we split up. best friend of 3yrs, bf of 9 months :frown::frown::frown:

n no ur nt disturbin- i try to balance everything!

lol and its gud youve started txtn her, and she you! lol. jus strtn chattn more and gettin to know her- its the best way forward! AND if ever your convo gets serious you could perhaps ask her whether she`d date which could lead on.... :wink:dahz how i ended up with my now ex- we wer jus twkn abouh dah future and he sed he`d imagine it wd some1 lyk me- then he askd me out.
shame how it all seems ironic now...

and cheesy romance- lol for some bizare reason dah makes me thnk of the film "white chicks" lmao. buh i guess too serious does sort of loose its "fun" element- i actually may try a bollywood film...

oh and dont let your carlessness let you down- you`l think of sumfn! :smile: buh i wdnt go for public transport as you wna make it romantic! :tongue:
Reply 110
Give it a go. As you said she's not super religious so she wouldn't be offended (I guess).

cool excuse with the car- my parents would ask a million questions- so how did you bang the car? you know your eyes should be on the road? lmao and it wud prbbly conclude dah im a rubbish driver- even tho iv jus strtd takn drivin lessons! lmao

and ye he did appreciate the song at the time- as since tuesday we split up. best friend of 3yrs, bf of 9 months :frown::frown::frown:

lol and its gud youve started txtn her, and she you! lol. jus strtn chattn more and gettin to know her- its the best way forward! AND if ever your convo gets serious you could perhaps ask her whether she`d date which could lead on.... :wink:dahz how i ended up with my now ex- we wer jus twkn abouh dah future and he sed he`d imagine it wd some1 lyk me- then he askd me out.

and cheesy romance- lol for some bizare reason dah makes me thnk of the film "white chicks" lmao. buh i guess too serious does sort of loose its "fun" element- i actually may try a bollywood film...

oh and dont let your carlessness let you down- you`l think of sumfn! :smile: buh i wdnt go for public transport as you wna make it romantic! :tongue:

Aww...im so sorry that you guys broke up. :frown::frown: :hugs: :jumphug: :knuddle: You must be feeling pretty down about it..i was and cried a bit when my gf broke up with me (although that was online).Was it mutual or one sided break up?
This is going to sound repetitive but i think you're an awesome gem of a person and you deserve better. Try to keep yourself busy next few weeks and maybe limit contact till you're over it or it may bring back memories. If you ever want to chat about it send me a message or you can post here. its cool.:smile: hopefully my story will distract you from it. But i can't believe you sang a song for him and did all that then this happens. Once you promise to be with someone you should be with them through good and bad. but yaar you should have told me earlier i would have reduced the boredom content of my post past few days.

I have no idea what led to such a conclusion but its probably my string of bollywood stories and my cheesy romantic nature who knows lol :s-smilie:: perhaps i need to act more macho lol.

I've just come home from uni where i live on campus so i guess parents tend to be more forgiving when you live some distance away. After the initial anger desi parents mellow down. If i told them the real reason they would have been really angry and prob taken my phone :frown:
In the beginning i was pretty bad but give it some time and things get better. I'm sure you're a careful driver and def better those speeding guys of the same age :smile:

You're right about the messages..i think it could lead on to potentially more. thx for letting me know how it happened and how he asked you on a date. i might try that..go something like "The moon is shining like the chand of Eid and all the stars are up brightening the sky for us.It's like they want to tell me now is the
perfect time to say what ive been meaning to say ever since we developed a deeper friendship. *get on both my knees rather than one cos thats desi style ll i made that up* Would you do the honour of being my gf, so that we can be there during all good and bad times before, after and during class +out of class/study/work hours, be there for each other when situation might get intense with family, friends, relatives and always love, cherish and treasure each moment together" and if appropriate :handkiss:
how embarrasing would it be if i said all that and she's like i don't date. lol.

White chicks is quite an awesome film. With bollywood, movies that are low on cheese that you might like (low-fat cheese i think lol) are 3 idiots, love aaj kal and taare zameen par. oh and an awesome movie that is inspiring is zindagi na milegi dobara its quite beautiful :smile: and has some diverse stories including interracial and is directed by zoya akhtar (faran akhter's sister).

yeh i think taxi would be better than public transport as its just me and her.

how are studies and all that going? forgive me for browsing..but i hope the interviews went well. :smile:

here are some songs for u...so you recognise your worth if you don't already

Original post by 344302
Give it a go. As you said she's not super religious so she wouldn't be offended (I guess).

yeh ure rght im going to give it a good curry go and hope all goes well..worst that can happen is she'll say no lol.
Unless you want her Father to bury her in the back garden for ''dishonour'' or ship her off to Pakistan to marry any old freshy, I suggest you stay away lol.
I had an online Pakistani gf. We never met but we shared our problems and hopes with each other and how we were kind of in the same situation. we considered ourselves bf/gf even though we were never able to meet. In the end had to break off since her parents found her someone. Now again i find myself in this situation but in real life now.

*Facepalm - What a creep!

WOW. erm never expected criticism like such. if you are asian though then do you class yourself as physically unnatactive? and the people you have met do not account for the whole Indian/bengali population- some people are amazing! buh dah applies for all nationalities. and in regards for looks, there are some very good-looking asian people out there with amazing personalities!

and in terms of culture it depends on your definition of culture, for me its about respect, good food (lol) and certain morals which most people regardless of culture hold. And exactly, you have differences with other pakkistanis, when it comes to love these things do not matter.

all that matters is both people love each other and that`s that :wink:

Since when did Indians/Bengali represent the whole, Asian community? When did Pakistanis look similar to Indians/Bengalis?

Those so called ‘morals’ are found in all nationalities including ‘Brits’ and are not exclusive to certain groups.

Fortunately, I’m not plagued by an inferiority complex that is so ever present in Indian/Bengali people. I find people from my own nationality attractive and I, myself, am confident with regards to my looks.

Of-course it matters, this isn’t Hollywood/Bollywood whereby you somehow overcome all odds, and marry someone just to entertain the notion of ‘love’. Anyone who does that is a complete idiot without having taking into consideration other factors such as financial/family ties/ education etc

Personally, can’t fathom why any Pakistani would marry an Indian when in general they’re extremely unattractive, and not only that but there is an abundance of nationalities to choose from.

But i dont get why sweet science has to be so discriminating and bigoted. ive seen his past comments and he says negative things about indians/bengalis about our appearance and how we're darker and all that. How he has indian girls hitting on him but he's not interested. I mean that's good if he wants to share but no need to generalise an entire population. I don't believe in generalising but he shouldn't give a bad image to the good Pakistanis here
he sounds like karva science to me. I hope british asians get along better than what he is saying. In the country i live in Indians and Pakistanis get along pretty well.
]

Oh, please stop taking pity on yourself and acting like a victim. Your own people also spout the same remark as I’ve done in my former comment. Just take a look in RL or on the e-webs including yt and you’ll see a fair few Indians ridiculing their folks as being unattractive.

Not only that but just look at your own entertainment industry, and the women they portray in those movies/songs/advertisements and then compare them to the local women of India, and you’ll see the stark differences between the two.

There are a number of things people find common including language, food and a similar environment that we grew up with. Just because you don't find any commonalities doesn't mean others can't find any and they don't exist. You might be the alien or outlier in this case. I don't think any decent human being, let alone Indian, would find such bigoted opinions remotely endearing so don't worry you won't get swamped with admiration any time soon.

Some people like to think of commonalities we have with other humans, others like to think of differences. You seem to belong to the second category. To each their own. You even seem to look for differences within Pakistanis themselves..obviously people are going to have some differences. That's what makes us human.

I don't think i need to respond to your physically unattractive or inferiority complex. I don't believe in generalisations and stereotypes and just because you seem to malign people from my background does not mean that i will utter similar disparaging sterotypes and do the same for you. You can think whatever opinion you want doesn't mean its fact.

Besides, I wouldn't want to do anything that would tarnish the good name of the Pakistanis i have met here so far. Your comments do not represent them. Others on TSR should know that. In fact, i would go as far to suggest they are a drop of sewerage in an otherwise pristine ocean. One drop cannot pollute the whole environment.

I have read some of your past comments and i have found them to be very prejudiced and discriminating especially against Indians/Bengalis. I would hope most British asians do not have similar views. In my country we get along very well.

Besides how many of the 1.2 billions have you seen? A couple of 100 in your neighbourhood, maybe 20 on tv maybe a 100 or so in the media. Yes, you can make generalisations from that about the whole indian population in the entire world. :eek:

I’ll forgive your ignorance on this occasion as it seems to be a recurring habit with regards to Indians who pander and caress the idea of a Pan-South Asian agenda. Even the so called ‘commonalities’ that you’ve listed are just a figment of your imagination.

Which language is this? Urdu? A language brought over by the Indian migrants is still to this very day spoken by a small proportion of Pakistan’s population.

Food? *Facepalm Just highlights your ignorance.

I’ll leave you to dwell in your own ignorance and stupidity as you have a problem grasping the very essence of the fact that Pakistanis are totally heterogeneous with regard to Indians in our culture, heritage, ethnicity and social values.

I’m certainly an outlier with regards to people like yourself who harp about commonalities which just don’t exist and somehow see Pakistan as an extension of India when that has hardly been the norm. Sorry to burst your bubble but the Pakistan that you see, today, is totally different to the one seen under the British Raj.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dr.Sweet Science
*Facepalm - What a creep!

Since when did Indians/Bengali represent the whole, Asian community? When did Pakistanis look similar to Indians/Bengalis?

Those so called ‘morals’ are found in all nationalities including ‘Brits’ and are not exclusive to certain groups.

Fortunately, I’m not plagued by an inferiority complex that is so ever present in Indian/Bengali people. I find people from my own nationality attractive and I, myself, am confident with regards to my looks.

Of-course it matters, this isn’t Hollywood/Bollywood whereby you somehow overcome all odds, and marry someone just to entertain the notion of ‘love’. Anyone who does that is a complete idiot without having taking into consideration other factors such as financial/family ties/ education etc

Personally, can’t fathom why any Pakistani would marry an Indian when in general they’re extremely unattractive, and not only that but there is an abundance of nationalities to choose from.

Oh, please stop taking pity on yourself and acting like a victim. Your own people also spout the same remark as I’ve done in my former comment. Just take a look in RL or on the e-webs including yt and you’ll see a fair few Indians ridiculing their folks as being unattractive.

Not only that but just look at your own entertainment industry, and the women they portray in those movies/songs/advertisements and then compare them to the local women of India, and you’ll see the stark differences between the two.

I’ll forgive your ignorance on this occasion as it seems to be a recurring habit with regards to Indians who pander and caress the idea of a Pan-South Asian agenda. Even the so called ‘commonalities’ that you’ve listed are just a figment of your imagination.

Which language is this? Urdu? A language brought over by the Indian migrants is still to this very day spoken by a small proportion of Pakistan’s population.

Food? *Facepalm Just highlights your ignorance.

I’ll leave you to dwell in your own ignorance and stupidity as you have a problem grasping the very essence of the fact that Pakistanis are totally heterogeneous with regard to Indians in our culture, heritage, ethnicity and social values.

I’m certainly an outlier with regards to people like yourself who harp about commonalities which just don’t exist and somehow see Pakistan as an extension of India when that has hardly been the norm. Sorry to burst your bubble but the Pakistan that you see, today, is totally different to the one seen under the British Raj.

Whilst the bits in bold are debatable, and even offensive, the rest of it is on the right lines tbh. Punjabi Pakistanis have a decent amount in common with (greater) Punjabi Indians, and generally those from around that area, ie between the border and Delhi. Comparing the culture of someone from Mirpur, or Peshawar, to that of someone from Kerala or Tamil Nadu, or Bengal is just plain stupid. I almost pissed myself at the food comment, if anyone's ever had any South Indian food they'll know it's like drinking very heavily flavoured water with a bit of coriander, whereas food from, even Lahore, is dominated by meat and is far drier.

Punjab on both sides of the border is similar, of course. But to restrict the two countries to just Punjab is moronic and laughable.
Original post by Straight up G
Punjabi Pakistanis have a decent amount in common with (greater) Punjabi Indians, and generally those from around that area, ie between the border and Delhi. Comparing the culture of someone from Mirpur, or Peshawar, to that of someone from Kerala or Tamil Nadu, or Bengal is just plain stupid. I almost pissed myself at the food comment, if anyone's ever had any South Indian food they'll know it's like drinking very heavily flavoured water with a bit of coriander, whereas food from, even Lahore, is dominated by meat and is far drier.

Punjab on both sides of the border is similar, of course. But to restrict the two countries to just Punjab is moronic and laughable.

Dude, it's pointless even arguing with some folks. I hate seeing my culture get butchered by people stating that we are somehow 'similar' to Indians when that frankly just isn't the case. Pakistan has a plethora of rich cultures and ethnicities living alongside one another, however, some people who pander a Pan-South Asian agenda want to paint every Pakistani with the same coloured brush just to support their claim that Pakistan is 'similar' to India.

Agreed. Indian Punjabis have always been inter-linked with the folks of Pakistani, and that includes having a shared history. With the creation of two-states, and a geographical border in place that has put an end to that. Naturally they'll merge and assimilate with the rest of India's population thus extinguishing any link to Pakistan.

Forget mentioning places like Tamil Nadu/Kerala, even bordering states like Gujarat are vastly different.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dr.Sweet Science
X

:rofl:

Why is Pakistan such a crap-hole/a country on the brink of disaster with little future, whilst India continues to become an economic and world superpower?
:rofl:

Why is Pakistan such a crap-hole/a country on the brink of disaster with little future, whilst India continues to become an economic and world superpower?

Policies orchestrated over 70 years by a majority Indian-ruling elite have literally crippled, Pakistan. However, it's never too late to correct the mistakes of the past.

India, a 'world superpower'? :biggrin: I truly wish, India, all the best in becoming a 'world superpower' but she certainly has a long way to go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending