The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
You can make your own, peanut butter, oats, banana plus protein, maybe some fruit, yoghurt, tuna lol
Business Man
hey, what do you guys recommend as the best protein shake if your looking to bulk up and become strong, but also maintaining your figure to, like still looking toned up?

all replies appreciated, many thanks!

i detest that term.
but to answer your question: normal whey protein shakes are a good place to start. you cannot 'bulk up' successfully without adding at least a bit of fat so chances are you'll have to do some cardio and adjust your diet once you're happy with your size.
i think that's what you're getting at.
Reply 582
No one wants to participate in here anymore, whats up guys? Too tired from all the weight training?!

On a good note, Im down to 80kg now :biggrin: and still flat bb benching 110kg for reps Lovely.

Anyway, whats up?!

Changed my routine as well and feeling alot more recovered than before. Cant wait till student loan comes in, time to get bigger and stronger :p:
Reply 583
I've finally got back into the weights after a while off... back and biceps all sore... lovely:biggrin:

I think my abs are going to be my focal point now though - want a 6 pack:biggrin:

I was thinking alternate days on abs with, on the middle days between abs, 1 day back n biceps, 1 day chest and tri's, 1 day shoulders and 1 day legs. I may also cobine abs and CV's. Anyone think this will work? I'm also struggling due to bulkin and losing fat... looks like I'll have to do bulk up and then lose all the weight in a few weeks.

What does everyone think?:biggrin:
Reply 584
Been off for 2/3 weeks. :frown: (Due to week-long work placements n stuff). Lowered me cal intake for a while to 2500 since, then will go back on the bulk after my Duke of Ed expedition this weekend.

As for buying things - not going my way recently. Powerhouse-Fitness are out of weight plates (5kg and 10kg) until a few weeks time, and MyProtein are out of LEW till further notice. Summer for me has been a bit of a waste. :frown: Didn't really want to train this week either in case of an injury before the exped.
yeah, summer has been a waste tbh, my cutting has been half hearted and since i'm moving home, i've stopped my gym membership and now i'm stranded with no gym for around a month, since my move's been postponed. grr!
Reply 586
oh dear guys, come on!

you only have to go for about 4 and half hours a week!
Hello, I would like to join the soc.

I am 17 and currently plan on building and bulking to a ruby build.

Iv only just started. All i have been doing for the last few months is eating eating cause i want to gain loads of weight before i start my proper training. Just wanted to know few things

How fit are body builders.

When it comes to cardio are you fit in those areas??

how often does a body builder do cardio?
yo-sup-man
Hello, I would like to join the soc.

I am 17 and currently plan on building and bulking to a ruby build.

Iv only just started. All i have been doing for the last few months is eating eating cause i want to gain loads of weight before i start my proper training. Just wanted to know few things

How fit are body builders.

When it comes to cardio are you fit in those areas??

how often does a body builder do cardio?

generally speaking, there are aerobic benefits to bodybuilding since you're putting your aerobic system under strain when you're exercising intensely. but if you're talking about running stamina and stuff like that, then it depends on how much cardio the person does while cutting. some do as little as possible since its very boring (so true), others love it and so they tend to be more cardio fit. depends really, nothing to stop you from being good at both.
Hey soon il be living in a navy base for a year ( not in navy)

and for there breakfast they have fry ups and stuff..

at the momment im 147pounds.... and wish to get about 170 in a year... i plan on having a fry up breakfast every day ... as well as train atleast 6 days a week..

Is it a good idea about the breakfast .... to gain the bulk? Not saying i am just going to bulk on this, but is it good to have a fry up every day to gain weight?
Reply 590
biggie-n
generally speaking, there are aerobic benefits to bodybuilding since you're putting your aerobic system under strain when you're exercising intensely. but if you're talking about running stamina and stuff like that, then it depends on how much cardio the person does while cutting. some do as little as possible since its very boring (so true), others love it and so they tend to be more cardio fit. depends really, nothing to stop you from being good at both.

tbh, I like cutting. CV can be boring - but it's so easy to push yourself to get it done, and easier to set goals. :smile:
Reply 591
Its not a good idea to eat fry ups everyday as when you do put on weight, most of it will be fat! Also depending on your lifestyle though as you might be physically busy and burn it off. Best thing to gain weight is just eat shed loads, loads of carbs every meal, medium protein and fat.

I dont think pro bb'ers are fit at all lol, their cv consists of walking or stationary bike, at a low speed but for long periods.
Reply 592
Did anyone watch Dragons Den tonight?
yeah, twas hilarious for the most part.
good for the dude at the end! the panel mostly had their heads stuck up their own asses.
Reply 594
You think anyone would actually buy that fitness armchair...for 500 quid!
Reply 595
im back on weights 2
but been eatin 2 meals a day for about a week:frown::frown: 222 busy but I aint havin it...im gona fix up as of 2day n sort my diet..im jus bulkin str8 now throughout..**** cuttin..actually im doin a mixture of both..:s-smilie:cuz im doin more sets n reps r abit higher but my diet is defo bulk..
lapsaJ
You think anyone would actually buy that fitness armchair...for 500 quid!

mr bannatyne trying to 'bench press' with cables was hilarious. you couldn't change the weight or anything lol! WORST ARMCHAIR EVER! tbf i liked the old guy tho, just wish he had a better product...since the panel are all asses except the swedish guy (i think he's swedish)
Reply 597
Yeah Im kind of messing up on my diet by just a tad bit. Losing weight though and still strong so must be alright!
Reply 598
Hey guys, I just started my new job working for www.cybercheckout.com and I can get any supplements I want half price, which ones should i take? I have been looking at http://www.cybercheckout.com/prod/918/273644/prod.html?catLevel=0&scLevel=-1&catParentID=1949&scId=1949

and also

http://www.cybercheckout.com/prod/918/382556/prod.html?catLevel=0&scLevel=-1&catParentID=1949&scId=1949

I recon ill get about 5-10 tubs of each for uni lol. Are they a good choice?
Reply 599
What gyms u peeps use, i been with Virgin Active but its scams u bare, not worth the money, well i guess from students point of view. Discuss, peace

Latest