The Student Room Group

Sciences po admissions interview

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sara.p
Hi! So, against all expectations, I've been admitted to Sciences Po Le Havre :biggrin: Who else is joining the Europe-Asia programme this August?

I have been admitted to LH as well :smile:) can you give me your Facebook i have some questions :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by sara.p
Hi :smile: oh that's great! My facebook id is Sara Perlangeli...i'm the blonde one :smile: btw i too have A LOT OF QUESTIONS :confused:

I think i found wrong Saras', :biggrin: add me Vato Qatamadze
Reply 182
Original post by Valerie Tsekhanska
So we gonna study together then! FB me, guys :smile: Valerie Tsekhanska

I've added you, my name is Johanne Skeie :smile:
Original post by Valerie Tsekhanska
So we gonna study together then! FB me, guys :smile: Valerie Tsekhanska

Original post by johannejs
I've added you, my name is Johanne Skeie :smile:

Added you both, girls, Anna Baranowska :wink:
Reply 184
So glad I found this group!! I am still quite young only just finishing my GCSE s and I was thinking of going to sciences po Reims it looks amazing but I had some questions....
1. Do I have to be fluent in French
2. I am English so do they accept A levels to get in
3 how did u apply?

Would be really grateful for any answers thanks xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 185
Original post by elyanmohammed
No worries guys!

I did my interview in Istanbul yesterday.
It was pretty difficult but I answered almost every questions with the answer they wanted. The questions were as follows
- General Knowledge : French history, or current wars french troops are engaging in. Northern Mali for example.
- Passion to study in France and why you didn't learn French (If you do not) * this question was the hardest. They interviewer started to name some French course centers in my city! and asked me why didn't I go there.
- the article! guys I finished it in 15 min, its going to be easy so no worries. Mine was about the War on Iraq, thanks that I had pretty much knowledge about it.
- the last part, about your country or region, they are going to ask you about the relations between your country and France and you need to tell kinda everything you know otherwise they will ask you a lot once you finish.

My interview went very well, thanks to God, although I kept saying (of course I know) every time they asked me a question, it was a wrong thing!
However, I heard a lot about students who were crying right after the interview. Few weeks later they got in!
I didn't cry after the interview so I think mine was not normal lol

Good luck and feel free to ask me!

Hi, I am Joy. I am currently applying for sciences po le harve. May I know what you wrote for your personal statement? Is there a standard style that is prefered? What kind of questions should I prepare for the interview? Thanks. (PS: how should I address you?)
Original post by NZnostalgic
Yep, but have to pass IB and german exam :smile: so excited!!

Hi r u an ib student? Can you tell me what were your predicted grades and the baccalaureat
baccalaureate results??
(edited 10 years ago)
Go r u an ib student? Can u tell me what were your predicted grades and final baccalaureate results?
Hi I'm also a polish who would like to apply. Could u give me some information about your application? R u maybe an ib student?
Hey guys, So I just submitted my application for the Euro-American programme in Reims. I'm from the US, but I currently go to a boarding school in Sweden ... and I've never before studied French :colondollar:
But does anybody know when I'll find out if I get an interview or not? Thanks! x
Reply 190
Original post by fscottorange
Hey guys, So I just submitted my application for the Euro-American programme in Reims. I'm from the US, but I currently go to a boarding school in Sweden ... and I've never before studied French :colondollar:
But does anybody know when I'll find out if I get an interview or not? Thanks! x

For me, it told me a date on the application website when they would have a decision. However they finished mine like a week before they said they would. I think it was about 3 weeks or a month before they told me.
Hi guys, I'm applying to the reims campus and I have a few questions about the interview for the people who already had it, how would you start the presentation? Was it very hard? Thanks guys!
Hi! I'm applying for the Reims campus these year, I'm kind of nervous, I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for the interview. Like how to start the presentation? Thanks :smile:
Lucia i have a question, does anyone get to the Interview or there is a kind of selection for example they look on our background and so on,. How
t does it look like?
(edited 10 years ago)
They look at your application and pre-select you if you are what they are looking for, so yes not anyone gets the interview they choose you, I hope this helps you :smile:
Yes tkank you :smile: and can you tell me what made you applicable? What do they looking for,. Do they concentrate on our grades from high school for example, what is the most important in application I
In your opinion?
Original post by Italian.student
Hey guys!!! I just got admitted in Dijon!!! Anybody else going there????

Hey congratulations! could I ask u sth about the application process, what made u applicable? And what are they looking for? Do they concentrate on our grades from high school? What is the most important?
Original post by jonesjones
Hi there! I'm from Poland; Warsaw to be exact :wink: So excited about going to Reims, had my interview on campus in April :smile:

Congratulations at first! Hey i am polish i would like to apply to Sciences Po next year could you tell me about the application procedure what made you applicable and do they concentrate much on our school grades? What is the most important?
Original post by elyanmohammed
No worries guys!

I did my interview in Istanbul yesterday.
It was pretty difficult but I answered almost every questions with the answer they wanted. The questions were as follows
- General Knowledge : French history, or current wars french troops are engaging in. Northern Mali for example.
- Passion to study in France and why you didn't learn French (If you do not) * this question was the hardest. They interviewer started to name some French course centers in my city! and asked me why didn't I go there.
- the article! guys I finished it in 15 min, its going to be easy so no worries. Mine was about the War on Iraq, thanks that I had pretty much knowledge about it.
- the last part, about your country or region, they are going to ask you about the relations between your country and France and you need to tell kinda everything you know otherwise they will ask you a lot once you finish.

My interview went very well, thanks to God, although I kept saying (of course I know) every time they asked me a question, it was a wrong thing!
However, I heard a lot about students who were crying right after the interview. Few weeks later they got in!
I didn't cry after the interview so I think mine was not normal lol

Good luck and feel free to ask me!

Hi there, I was wondering if you could help me. With the presentation of the article how did you begin to present it? How did you introduce it? Thanks!
Hi guys, I just passed my interview to the campus in Nancy today. Although I don't know whether "pass" is the right verb here - I feel like I totally failed it. To be honest, I think my biggest and maybe even only problem was that it was in French. I could not articulate my thoughts properly, sometimes I just paused because I could not recall words and as a result my confidence was really low which is something I normally don't have a problem with during interviews. On the top of that, I didn't even have a proper structure (no introduction nor conclusion) I was wondering whether some of you experiences something similar? That would make me feel a bit less horrible, haha. Thanks in advance for your answers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending