The Student Room Group

Module Grades

There is a lot of talk that universities will be able to see each individual module results and any re-sits you have taken for application to university this september (for entry in 2007), can anyone shed any light onto this for me (ie does anyone know if this will definately be going ahead?

Scroll to see replies

I would like to know too...
Reply 2
That's right. As of 2007, universities will be able to see each individual module you do. Not only that, but they'll also know how many times you did each module and what grades you got in them.

I wish they could see it this year to show them how much I turned my grades around in six months!!
Reply 3
Pentatonic
That's right. As of 2007, universities will be able to see each individual module you do. Not only that, but they'll also know how many times you did each module and what grades you got in them.

I wish they could see it this year to show them how much I turned my grades around in six months!!

thanks for such an objective post, at least that clears that up then.
They can see howmany resits you had? Didnt know that, but i guess its fair. If you were sick (or other extenuating circumstances) you could mention it in your PS or ref, otherwise I dont see why anyone cant do well the first time round.
I hope they don't. One of my AS's, I've got an A and a B, but I did really bad in this coursework when I started the course, a low D.
Reply 6
We need PQ here to bombard us with facts. She'll do a fantastic job. :wink:
Reply 7
if u get a C on a module,,, and re sit and get an A... can this effect an entry? into lets say medicine (imperial)?
Is this confirmed by UCAS or any official bodies?
Reply 9
jeffreyweingard
Is this confirmed by UCAS or any official bodies?

well thats basically what i was wondering when i started the thread, does anyone actually know if it will come in for people who apply in september 2006 (entry sep07)?
I wouldn't worry too much about it because its the end result that counts in the end.
if, say, you got an E in Foundation chemistry, resit it and get an A. Would they write the E down as well as the resit with the A?
Reply 12
thank god this is for 2007 onwards and not 2006...:biggrin:

regards
--marty
Reply 13
yo-sup-man
if u get a C on a module,,, and re sit and get an A... can this effect an entry? into lets say medicine (imperial)?

It could affect your entry. Really though, they're just going to look at your best grades. Repeats will only be taken into account when there's a close call for who to admit onto a course.
andyjim123
well thats basically what i was wondering when i started the thread, does anyone actually know if it will come in for people who apply in september 2006 (entry sep07)?

well the op did say 2007 entry, so I guess it applies to people applying this year
Thanks dragons_circle!
Reply 17
Just to confirm for you guys it is definately going to happen. For people entering university in 2007 and after, the universities will be able to see your module results and how many times youve re-sat. This may be of no concern but universities like Oxford and Cambridge will want to see a very low ammount of re-sits. People entering university in 2006 will not be affected, I REPEAT NOT AFFECTED. Which is good because thats when I'm entering, All Praise the Lord.
Reply 18
I asked a UCAS lady at the higher ed fair and she told me that UCAS were thinking about it, but still going through talks with the computing system who organise it to see if it will be possible for unis to recieve your module grades aswell.

Seeing as the computer have a hell of alot of data to handle come results day...

just my 2p
Reply 19
I'm so pleased it doesn't effect me because I got a U in one of the Geography papers and an E in the re-sit!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending