The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
lou p
i mean lets face it most girls wear make-up when they start dating, why should you stop bothering when you get all settled?

Thats why I don't wear make-up everyday. I'd rather my boyfriend knows what I really look like from the start. And then when you do make the effort for special occassions it makes more of a difference (however boyfriend doesn't really like me wearing make-up!)
Reply 41
Ceri327
i was just wondering, how much of a let down is it for guys when they see a girl their getting with without make-up for the first time.

i think i probably speak for quite a few girls when i say we do feel sooo much more confident with make-up so taking it off is quite weird sometimes infront of the guy you like or are hoping to start a relationship with, incase of any gasps etc

do you guys kind of expect this know though?

have some guys ever run to the hills?

By and large, I actually prefer without.
my gf never wears make up and she doesnt need it,

some women go overboard and look like hookers or just cheap
Reply 43
high priestess fnord
my bf says he likes me better without it neway :smile:

mine too.. though i still don't feel totally comfortable wearing nothing.. saying that, i only wear eyeliner and a bit of foundation..
Girls look better without it, stop wearing crap on your face all the time!!!
I really don't find girls wearing large amounts of makeup attractive. If a girl is only wearing subtle makeup, there can't be much of a change when they remove it so I can't see a big "Oh my god, she's hideous!" moment occuring.
Reply 46
Personally I see no reason why attractive girls need to wear makeup. Not that those who do wear it are ugly or anything, I just think that as long as the girl doesn't go and get wasted or stay up till 3am every night, they can look perfectly ok without it. Lipstick can look nice when applied in the right way, but I don't really find anything attractive about a girl's eyelids being bright pink/red/purple, it just looks like they're trying too hard...
Reply 47
I have seen obvious make-up done really well - fancy mascara/eyeshadow combination, unusual and kind of ancient egyptian looking, was rather impressive - but usually it looks silly. Subtle is definitely the way to go.

ooooh but makeup is so much fun! I get bored if I had to look natural all the time, its all about experimenting and being creative =D
You can usually tell if a girl is naturally attractive, even with make-up.
well i dont care now as we live together and have known eachother for like 4 years, but i know if i was at the start of a relationship i would feel embarrased without my make up...i dont think i wear than much but i accentuate my eyes with eyeliner and mascara every day...people say i look quite strange without it! i guess that's what they're used to!!!
With me, all the guys i've been with have not really noticed that much of a difference, I don't wear make up on a daily basis and i wear minimal makeup i.e. eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss, when i go out. I don't want guys to think they are getting witha a gurl who doesn't look like what they think she looks like for example, flawless skin, colourful eyelids, naturally long black eyelashes, and shiny lips. I know a lot of guys don't think a girl really looks like that, but i'm repeating what a guy mate once said to me when discussing why he liked the fact that i didn't wear a lot of make up. Plus i just don't feel the need, please don't think of this as boasting, i don't think i'm stunningly pretty and don't need make up to be pretty, i just don't feel the need to wear it all the time.
I hardly wear makeup, normally just mascara, and that I put on, then blink through my makeup removal wipes, so it looks more natural, and thats it, if I can be bothered to even do that! I occasionally wear eyeliner, but it takes me so long to get it right, its really just for parties, and when Im trying ot make an impression. My view is that a guy can like me for who I am, not the chemicals coated onto my face.
I just can't be bothered to wear make-up 90% of the time, it takes too much effort. I work at a lake in the summer and teach skiing in the winter so if I did put make-up on it'd just end up getting sweated off or smeared anyway!

Even on the rare occasions I wear make-up I don't go for foundation or anything coating my skin, at 21 it just seems unnecessary. Loads of foundations advertise 'younger looking, glowing skin', well my skin already looks young and healthy so why spend money?
i love the more natural look.

theres a girl i like whos nearly always fully made up, when i see her with a lot less on she's even more stunning :love:

i'm living with her next year :confused:
least i'll get to see her without makeup nearly everyday hehe :biggrin:
Reply 55
KellsEnder
In my experience girls often look better without make-up, so...

Agree!!
Reply 56
The natural look is best...nothing worse than an inch of make up on a girl
I love make up! Yes it is fake but it looks better :P
I honestly think guys don't realise how much makeup a girl is wearing.
All those celebrities and models that guys drool over are completely plastered in makeup that takes hours to apply and doesn't show through as much in photos.
Reply 58
This thread has surprised me!

The only make up I wear on an everyday basis is mascara...if I don't wear it, people say I look tired :frown:
hey guys my post count is stuck to ^$#^#^%$&^%^%*%

Latest

Trending

Trending