The Student Room Group

Party/rave scene in Manchester?

Whats the party/rave scene like in Manchester? I don't mean nightclubs, I mean like drum and bass, reggae, mini-festival type, maybe hippie-like music and dance nights?

I'm coming up from Cornwall and there's a lot of it around because of the fields, barns and woodland areas but I wouldn't know if it's the same in a city.
Reply 1
Original post by yrvine
Whats the party/rave scene like in Manchester? I don't mean nightclubs, I mean like drum and bass, reggae, mini-festival type, maybe hippie-like music and dance nights?

I'm coming up from Cornwall and there's a lot of it around because of the fields, barns and woodland areas but I wouldn't know if it's the same in a city.

Manchester is full of rubbish mainstream poppy nightclubs but there are great nights if you know where to look! I'm heavily into Tech House/Techno/Deep House and spend alot of time at the following bars/clubs:

Warehouse Project
Sound Control
South
Sankeys
Joshua Brooks

There are lots of DnB nights - your best bet is to use the Events section (North) of the Resident Advisor website (if you dont already). I use that all the time to hunt out decent nights or word of mouth/flyers!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Resident in Manchester. Never went to any my'self, but some raves seemed to be happening from time to time in different places across the city. You've just got to know where to go.
Reply 3
do you know any station names where they would gather in the evenings before location was dropped? on the rave scene down in London, im hoping to explore and compare the scene in manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending