The Student Room Group

Funding for Part 2 Courses

I am 23 and have just finished a part 1 course. I did 2 years of another course but I managed to get a loan for all 3 years of the second course.

I want to go back and do my part 2 but I will be 24, if I take a 2 years out I will be 25 and 'financially independent' (which I'm sure was 21 when I first started uni).

However, will they not count me as being financially independent because Architecture is a 2 part course? or is it classed as another degree (that is an exception to the loan rule)? also if I chose to do my part 2 at another university will the lower fees still apply? or if the lower fees still apply will they regard my financial situation with the old application?

Or if I went back at 24, would they count my age 25 year as me being financially independant, i.e. count each year as a separate claim? (I know some people's parents lost their job and they got a grant because of it) because I can't ask my parents for money! I'm 23! And it is hard enough trying to find a placement and save money for my part 2 course. I really want to go to Westminster but I don't know how I will afford London if I don't get any grants or a higher maintenance loan at least. (I never received any grants and was on the minimum maintenance loan throughout uni)

Sorry it is just very confusing and I have heard that student loans don't really know how the architecture degree is funded most of the time. But neither do I.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending