The Student Room Group

16/17/18 year old girls & boys how much exercise do you do a week?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Gym three or four nights a week, usually for about 45 minutes to one hour
Reply 41
I dance 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday at college, with and hours break, 1-2
On a Monday I then go to extra dance lessons where I teach from 6-6.45 and then dance from 6.45 till 8
On a Tuesday I also go to extra lessons which start at 6.35 and end at 8.30

On the weekends I referee children's football matches which can be from 25 minutes each half to 45.

I'm 18 :smile:
Girl 18
i workout usually 6 days a week depending on how my body is feeling, if it hurts i'll have another rest also if im ill i'll rest but otherwise i generally work out for 1hour a day but 2 days a week i'll work out 1 hours + or 2
I'm 17, I play netball twice a week for around an hour and a half. I go for a 2-3 mile run once a week. I used to walk everywhere but now I can drive a fear that's going out the window...
50 miles of running and 2 intense gym sessions (45 minutes each) every week 18 y/o
Male 18

Football twice a week

Weights Monday, Wednesday Friday 9pm - 10:30pm

Posted from TSR Mobile
1h 15m walk to school, dunno how long in distance, approx. 8000 steps. To and from school so double that.
Gym 4 times a week, one day for chest/bicep, one for shoulders/back, one for core and some leg work and the last is full cardio (6 miles on exercise bike followed by 20 min run at 8mph on treadmill so about 2.6 mile run). Each gym session between 45 mins/1 hour. Martial arts once a week for 1/1.25 hours (depends on day).
Table tennis whenever possible really.
There is no measurement for an exercise routine. Every one do it according to their need. Doing exercise daily is a good habit. 16/17/18 year old girl can do 60 mins daily exercise including running, sit ups and yoga.
I don't.
Unless its walking to school/bus stops

Posted from TSR Mobile
Girl 16

1 hours a week (intense swimming)

should do more but seriously cba
jack ****
Didn't expect so many people on here to do so much exercise!

I'm 18 and I walk practically everywhere and that's about it. I try to do situps but I get bored but we've got a stationary bike which I use about once a week for however long the film I'm watching is. I really want a real bike though.
Girl 17

About 50-60 mins at gym 3-4 times a week (trying to up it to 5 times a week now that summer has started) and walk over a mile to get to the bus stop. Going to try and start swimming soon.

So, not too bad, considering I hated PE in secondary school :P
Reply 53
hour brisk walking 5 days a week
1 hour of intense weight training 4 days a week
(edited 9 years ago)
Male 18
Cycle 10+ hrs per week
Did an american football workout today and now i feel ripped up haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
17YO LAD:

Used to do an hour a day walking to/from school. Now that I have completed that adventure, I am trying to spend at least an hour a day in the gym.
16: I dance, run , swim and do boxing.

Mess with me and you're in trouble.

Dance everyday. Running and boxing 2x a week. Swim; once a week.
About 20 minutes indoors each day because I'm a lazy sod and can't be arsed to walk anywhere. :lol:

100 sit-ups, 100 press-ups, 30 crunches and 1 minute of the plank.

And 2 hours of judo every Tuesday.

I used to have to walk half an hour every day to school and half an hour back to home again.

EDIT: I forgot to add my age. I'm 16 years, 8 months and 8 days old.
(edited 9 years ago)
I am sixteen.

I do about 4 25-30 minute jogs/runs every week.
Swimming once every two/three weeks for 2 hours
weights two times a week
zumba on monday

Quick Reply

Latest