Squat:

140*5*5

PP:

82.5*6*1

Deadlift:

147.5*5

BB curls:

42.5*2*6

Deadlift felt ridiculously easy. Nice to also be squatting 3 plates without too much effort either :cool:. The sky is the limit atm it seems.

oh and I've decided to experiment with lowering the volume and upping the intensity for a few weeks. Probably won't work as I've already screwed myself with 3 crappy pressing workouts in a row so idk we'll see if anything comes to fruition.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 181
Gotta stay positive, man.
Reply 182
Saturday:

Press:

72.5*3

PP:

72.5*3*1

Squat:

112.5*2*5

BB curls:

52.5*3*5

Probably could've gotten five for press so maybe it is a recovery issue. Gonna continue with my plan, not sure if I'll do 73.5 or 75*3 next week so I'll see based on how I feel. 77.5*3 is a small PR so that's the aim to build up to.
Reply 183
Monday:

Squat:

162.5*3

PP:

92.5*1

Deadlift:

197.5*5 (PB)

All good things come to an end. Squat felt a bit too hard to do 5 reps with so I left it at 3. Decision to make now is whether I do 142.5*5*5 next Thursday and reattempt 162.5*5 or continue with triples on Monday and just keep Thursdays weight the same or build back up to 140kg. 170*3 will technically be a PB.

PP was about as hard as last week.

Deadlift is still managing to go up despite the shaky start of this cycle. This does mean that I will be attempting 200kg next week :wink:

I was put off by some phaggot who worked for the gym today. Was about to do my top set of squats and he comes over to tell me to put my shoes on ¬¬. Guess that's what I get for going to poverty fitness. Saw him lifting while I was doing my Deadlifts, trying to hide my lack-of-shoeness. 70kg quarter squats and 50kg deadlifts lel.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 184
Tuesday:

Press:

66*3*3

BB curls:

45*6*5

Shoulders still feel a bit beat up but today was good.

Also I have a special treat for you guys. I managed to get my mother's camera to work. I've recorded my pressing and a set of my BB curls and I'll upload it later. Hopefully I'll be able to do my weekly cycle providing my gym doesn't freak out on me.
Reply 185
[video="youtube;wXp9d5YCs0g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXp9d5YCs0g&edit=vd[/video]

Boom, complete with potato graphics and ****ty editing. Fyi bar+collars is 15kg, big black plate is 25kg and there are some diddy 0.5kg plates strapped to the side.

Put it on private for now but if it doesn't allow you to view just say and I'll make it public.
It won't let us view it :frown:
Reply 187
Alright, changed to public. In 4 trolls
lol it's a nice set-up especially in Summer, you can get in touch with nature.

press looks good too, nice and tight.
Reply 189
Nice vid. Dig the background.
Reply 190
Thursday:

Squat:

142.5*5*5

PP:

83.5*6*1

Deadlift:

150*5

BB curls:

45*2*5

Squat felt a bit hard, but that was what I was aiming for.

PP felt easy. Thinking the reduced volume might be working. Normally when I overreach I get that feeling where my muscles fire then suddenly just want to fail after a fraction of a second however now it feels like I can squeeze out a rep which is good.

[video="youtube;huc6myojZFk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huc6myojZFk&edit=vd[/video]

Cba to record everything as it gets boring and my camera only has limited memory. Two things I've noticed by recording myself:

1. My squats seem a tad high half of the time which seems very weird as ever since I've been doing low bar that honestly feels like I've gone rock bottom. Not sure if I should actively try and go deeper or not.
2. My Deadlifts are even more stiff legged than I thought.
Reply 191
Really nice speed on the deads.

You seem to be leaning forward a lot on the squats. Low-bar reduces range of motion to a certain extent; having said that depth can be a touchy subject on them.
I squat oly style, atg, to avoid any problems. Before descending I always make sure my chest is up high and that I feel upright; focus on the legs rather than the lower back.
I may get a vid next Saturday. I feel my squatting's improved a lot and so has my tempo.

Analyzing videos really helps. It helped me notice I don't really use leg drive on my deads (basically making it all lower back) which is something I need to improve.

Keep the videos coming, man.
Reply 192
Original post by Thiseas
Really nice speed on the deads.

You seem to be leaning forward a lot on the squats. Low-bar reduces range of motion to a certain extent; having said that depth can be a touchy subject on them.
I squat oly style, atg, to avoid any problems. Before descending I always make sure my chest is up high and that I feel upright; focus on the legs rather than the lower back.
I may get a vid next Saturday. I feel my squatting's improved a lot and so has my tempo.

Analyzing videos really helps. It helped me notice I don't really use leg drive on my deads (basically making it all lower back) which is something I need to improve.

Keep the videos coming, man.

I think my forward lean may be part of the problem. It feels very natural and strong as I'm kind of deadlifting with the bar on my back but maybe that is the reason why I seem unable to go too deep.

And yeah I seem to get good speed with my Deadlifts. I actually found that letting my back relax a little bit when I get it off the floor actually makes me a lot stronger which is why the lockout looks a bit weird. If you ever watch Tom Martin's Deadlifts you see he kind of does it too.
Reply 193
Saturday:

Press:

75*3

PP:

72.5*3*1

Squat:

115*2*5

BB curls:

52.5*6,5,5

Press looked pretty fast from the video. Still struggling to get good depth on my squats although they looked better than Thursday. Focused on keeping my back a bit more vertical but it only helped marginally so I guess that's not the problem. Going to try widening my stance next.

[video="youtube;rQaqtlGFvOM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQaqtlGFvOM[/video]
Depth is looking better but I would still try and go 2-3 inches deeper, so you're hip crease is equal to your knees. One of the problems with low bar is that depth is often hard to judge.
Reply 195
A wider stance will make it harder to hit "true" depth, though it does reduce ROM. Go by what feels natural to you. Try a few air squats with various stances to figure it out.
Reply 196
Monday:

Squat:

162.5*3

PP:

93.5*1

Deadlift:

150*5
175*5
200*2+f

Things were pretty grindy today for everything. Planning on resetting my Deads straight away as history shows that such a decrease in performance does not rebound within a week. No point in wasting a week or two trying to add reps.

I widened my stance for squatting and my depth actually looks ok now! I think I might try staying at triples for intensity day and see where that takes me although I think I might have to reset anyway.

Wasn't planning on doing any more videos as that's basically the gist of what I do and I won't be able to take the camera with me when I move out in ~2.5 weeks time however I'm willing to do a few more if you guys want to see.

[video="youtube;c5aQPMe_pEs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5aQPMe_pEs&edit=vd[/video]
(edited 10 years ago)
Depth looks good now, keep the vids coming whenever you get a chance to record :wink:
Reply 198
Daymn your DL form is quite different to mine. Seems to work for you though so I'm not criticising.
Keep uploading!
Reply 199
Got legit depth on the squats now. Nice.
Keep the videos coming.

Quick Reply

Latest