The Student Room Group

First Date Outfit.

So I'm going on my FIRST ever date. It will be mine and the guys first date so I want to make a good impression. I've never been on a date before any tips would be helpful. Kiss or no kiss? What to wear (the date is casual - we will be going to a local museum/art gallery, for a walk along the Quayside then sitting down by the Quayside to have a picnic). I am very nervous as expected. The clothing is what's worrying me! Heels or no heels? Jeans? A skirt? A dress?

HELP!

Sophie :smile:
A nice day dress with some opaque tights and maybe a cardigan if it's chilly outside. I think you should look like you put a bit of effort into it but don't go over the top.
Reply 2
Original post by Purplestars1
A nice day dress with some opaque tights and maybe a cardigan if it's chilly outside. I think you should look like you put a bit of effort into it but don't go over the top.

this. and probably not heels, but if you do, not too high
Original post by Purplestars1

Agreed. And no heels. And don't overdo on make-up/jewellery (which is something I've got wrong in the past). Less is more sometimes.

As for kissing, don't plan that in advance. Go for it if you want to and are feeling it, but don't feel like you have to if you're not sure. I don't know how old you are but I would recommend not going beyond kissing on a first date.
No heels - you're going to be doing a fair bit of walking I'd imagine! Not good to have aching, sore feet all day!
Reply 5
No jeans
I was thinking skinny jeans, white blouse, leather jacket and ballet pumps! (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending