The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by handizivi10
No everything I said was completely genuine! I truly believe that there is someone out there for everyone. Even you. Sadly, I feel sorry for whoever that is..

Hahaha, how patronizing.
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
OP here. I feel quite behind as a 21 year old with no sexual experience because, well, 13 year old kids are going on dates and having sex and stuff, and it feels silly that I haven't managed to do what seems relatively easy for other people.

I'm afraid that I'll never meet anyone because I've been at university for several years and apparently it's one of the easiest ways to meet people. I've met tons of people and still have never been in a relationship so it makes me wonder if I ever will.

I appreciate the posts from people in the same situation, it helps to know that this isn't uncommon!

I'm not stunning, but I don't think I'm ugly either. To be fair, I have had some interest from a few guys, but I haven't been attracted to them and I'd like to be in a relationship with someone I felt attracted to. So I'm desperate, but not that desperate :tongue: I agree that I could probably go out and have a ONS, but I don't want that.

Ehh, why not :biggrin:

LOL but you're anon -_-
I'm 21 and never been in a relationship.
Admittedly I have done stuff with guys, dated once or twice, never got as far as the second date though.
I'm currently debating going out with this guy who has asked me out several times since jan.

I agree with some people above, that it's silly being so taken with 'the norm' I'm happy being single and always have been. its enabled me to advance my career as far as I have. I didn't go to uni so never had 'that' experience, but I still go clubbing on a bi weekly basis with friends.
I have 3 jobs, run my own home and am doing my degree, I don't have time for a boyfriend!

You need to learn to be happy with yourself before you can try to be happy with someone else. If you are desperate to meet someone, try online dating, I know a few people who have. It's nothing to be ashamed of if you feel you're ready to meet someone and settle down, or even just for dating experience. Its casual and doesn't have to be a full blown relationship right away.

Also, never feel pressured by anyone or anything. The media, friends etc can all be pushing you to get a bf, lose your virginity etc. Don't. Do it all when you're ready, not when society dictates you should.
Reply 43
Oh well at least you wont have any STIs or loose holes.
Original post by miss-perfect101
I'm a 19 year old girl and I've never been taken out on a date, had feelings that every girl talks about when they meet someone new. I've never had butterflies in my tummy, or felt a connection with a guy in the way people talk about. To this day I haven't been asked out, I don't think a guy has ever looked at me in "that way", or at least I haven't known about it if they have. I, like others on here have said sometimes I do feel how you have described. A sense of loneliness, or thinking that there must be something wrong with me. It's only normal when us girls are made to think that certain things are "normal" by certain ages and if we haven't met "the standard" then there must be something weird, or wrong with us. But recently, I've decided not to let it bother me as much. I mean sure, if a guy looked at me like that and he made it known to me he liked me I would be so flattered. I've decided to focus on myself and the rest will fall into place by itself in time. I don't want to spend months/ years worrying about being the only girl left in her friendship group who hasn't had a first kiss! Honestly, I would rather wait for the right guy who was worth waiting for and who didn't laugh or judge me because I hadn't been with anyone before him. All I want is to find someone who is kind, funny and actually has respect for me because I knew I would meet him one day. It's not all one way though, I'm sure like girls, not all guys would of had the worry about finding someone they care about, but I bet there is a guy thinking the same thing somewhere. So you're not alone when you say you feel lonely, but do what I do and just keep working and making a good name for yourself, in time it will come. Work hard and don't worry about relationships or being "different" because people who work hard and don't go looking for things are usually the lucky ones. After our waiting we deserve someone special and when we meet them it will be amazing so just look forward to the unknown

Welcome to the forums! This thread is from 2013 so I doubt the OP and many of the previous posters will respond. Please make your own thread if you wish to discuss this topic. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a 21 year old female university student who's never doneanything with a guy, and I'm tired of being alone. I've never been on a date, kissed or even held hands with someone. My lack of experience gets me down sometimes, but my major problem is that I feel incredibly lonely. My standards aren't particularly high, I just want someone to cuddle with, who I find attractive and get along with. Why is that so hard to find? :frown:
It's probably that you're so used to it that you expect it to happen, and don't have enough confidence to be attractive. Doesn't mean you'll never find someone though, I was 22. Lack of experience isn't a complete put-off though, even in someone your age.

Just keep your head up :hugs: don't lose heart.
Haha :lol: crap.

Latest

Trending

Trending