The Student Room Group

After coming out of the bath I get a rash

The past three times after getting out of the bath I've gotten a rash, which makes a red surface with like white spots. I initially thought it was babyoil but today I went in without using anything and it happened again.

The rash dissapears within an hour, and only mostly appears from the waist below and on my forearms because that's where I'm more exposed to water.
Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is your bath water too hot?
Yeah, sounds like heat rash, try using cooler water, or scrubbing less hard?
Heat Rash.
This happens to me too, I think it's just heat rash. Try having the water a bit cooler?
Reply 5
Maybe someone's used some super strong bleach to clean it recently and hasn't wiped it off, so every time you fill the bath you get water contaminated with bleach.
Reply 6
First thing that came to mind was heat rash as well.

It could potentially be the soap that you're using though, have you changed your soap or shampoo recently?
Reply 7
Original post by Sazzy890
First thing that came to mind was heat rash as well.

It could potentially be the soap that you're using though, have you changed your soap or shampoo recently?

Nope I haven't :/

It's od if for the past three times I've had this. Have I all of a sudden been able to withstand hotter water or something? Seems very coincidental
Reply 8
Original post by Miracle Day
Nope I haven't :/

It's od if for the past three times I've had this. Have I all of a sudden been able to withstand hotter water or something? Seems very coincidental

As someone else said, it could be a cleaning product used to clean the bath, sometimes it doesn't all get washed away so that could be causing it.
Reply 9
As someone else said, it could be a cleaning product used to clean the bath, sometimes it doesn't all get washed away so that could be causing it.

Yeah but if this was the case it'd affect the reat of my family?
Reply 10
Yeah but if this was the case it'd affect the reat of my family?

Not necessarily, depends how sensitive your skin is, or you could be allergic.
Reply 11
Not necessarily, depends how sensitive your skin is, or you could be allergic.

I hope so! Looked up this water allergy super rare condition and it's scaring me :eek:
Reply 12
Does the rash itch? Sometimes urticaria can present like this, particulaly a subtype called 'cholinergic urticaria', the mainstay of mamangement being antihistamines. That, however, is a rare condition and it may just be that the water is too warm or that you are sensitive to a particular soap. Do you get the same symptoms when you become warm, say from exercise or by being in a hot room?

edit: Cholinergic Urticaria is usually intensively itchy.
Reply 13
I hope so! Looked up this water allergy super rare condition and it's scaring me :eek:

Probs got cancer as well.

The Daily Mail said so.
Reply 14
STAY IN THE BATH. It only happens when you get out
Reply 15
You're allergic to water!
Reply 16
Here's what the rash looks like, this was on my hip

image.jpg
Reply 17
I had a rash like that; I called it Wednesday Rash because I only got it on Wednesdays. Never really figured out what caused it - it happened when I washed my hand in a certain sink but the soap and water should be the same as everywhere else that didn't cause it. But once I stopped washing my hands there the rash stopped.

Probably didn't help, though.

Sent from my GT-S5363
Reply 18
Just had a shower, just let the water run on me and I got it again. In the shower it seems my top half of my body is most affected for obvious reasons.

image.jpg

I don't think it's a heat rash because it's not like the water in my house has just got hotter?
Reply 19
Just had a shower, just let the water run on me and I got it again. In the shower it seems my top half of my body is most affected for obvious reasons.

image.jpg

I don't think it's a heat rash because it's not like the water in my house has just got hotter?

Quick Reply

Latest