The Student Room Group

experiences studying abroad

Hi,

I am interested in studying abroad, I have been looking at Germany as I know a bit of German. I just wondered what other people's experience of studying in another country are or if anybody else has done their whole degree abroad.

Also if anybody has any suggestions or tips for "international or english friendly" universities, they don't have to be in Germany.

And is there any other way to find universities than trawling through university websites?

Thanks
Reply 1
I am interested in studying a humanities degree such as History in case it makes any difference.

Thanks
Reply 2
Hi crossley,

Have a quick look at our website: www.ie.edu/university

We are based in spain but you can travel abroad for work experience posts and internships to german speaking countires and improve your language that way.

We do not offer History as a degree but humanities forms part of our academic program.

Good luck with your search!

Seena
Hello,

If you're interested in studying in Europe, you could try one of these sites to start searching:

www.studyportals.eu (select English as your language of tuition)

(If you're looking outside Europe, most countries that are keen to recruit international students have their own official websites, often with a built-in course search.)

You might not find too many history courses in Europe taught in English. There are a number of humanities courses which might include some history (you'd need to check this as part of your research). Some universities, even in Europe, offer liberal arts degrees where you get the opportunity to study a range of subjects.

I don't know whether you're planning to visit the Student World Fair in March, but it could be a good way to talk to university representatives (and their students) and find out what's on offer.

Hopefully, you'll also get a response from some of the UK students who are already studying overseas and who'll be able to full you in on what it's really like.

Cerys Evans, Careers Adviser
Hi everyone, I am looking to study a bachelors degree in psychology in English at Universidad Complutense De Madrid (UCM), I was wandering if anyone could help me with the application process? Thanks!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending