The Student Room Group

UCAS system

I am starting to look at potential courses, entry requirements and HE providers incase I apply to university next year. I am currently studying for AS Levels. Can someone please explain to me how the UCAS points system works, with so many points being worth the equivelent of a grade.?Does it mean that if someonw is taking more subjects than they could achieve lower grades than someone taking less subjects because it is based on a grade average point score? Anyone with more indepth knowledge please reply. Many thanks. Sorry for the rambling I notice some unis give their requirements in the form of a grade, which seems far easier to understand.

Many thanks
According to the UCAS points system, an A at A-level is 120, a B is 100, a C is 80, a D is 60 and an E is 40. For AS levels, you halve these points, so an A at AS is worth 60. Some universities simply give offers based on grades, eg AAB, and even universities that use the points system may be specific in what they want you to get. For example, if you were doing 4 A-levels but your offer was 300 points from 3 A-levels, you couldn't get CCCD even though that would be 300 points.

Latest

Trending

Trending