The Student Room Group

Physics, Chemistry, Biology. Which one is your favourite?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Mullah.S
not at pre level8 level, no. i am knowing this because one of my sister in laws uncle is doing bio med engineering in bahrain.

"engineering" ... completely different
Reply 41
Ha, funny there isn't a 'like them all' option. :tongue: ...but chemistry, easily.
Reply 42
Original post by madfish
"engineering" ... completely different

you are misapprehend.

if there is no thinking / thought process in the biology as a science, then where did all the information in your biology textbook come from? is it being found buried in the floor? did you knowing it when you were born?
Reply 43
Original post by PKMN TRN JAM
Regardless that doesn't support the conclusion that those people who choose to study it are stupid

who is saying they are stupid? is my english that bad that is making you read my words saying they are stupid? is not even imply they are stupid.
Reply 44
you are misapprehend.

if there is no thinking / thought process in the biology as a science, then where did all the information in your biology textbook come from? is it being found buried in the floor? did you knowing it when you were born?

That like saying someone who takes maths uses the same level of thought when solving trig problems as Euler did when he was trying to find proofs for it...

It's just stupid

It's easy to drive a car but it wouldn't be easy to build one, would it?

It's easy to learn Biology but not easy to discover it.

What is so hard to comprehend about that?
I like them all but Chemistry is my favourite I would have to say. Biology a close second then Physics :biggrin: But don't get me wrong, I do love Physics!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't know why theres all the hate for biology. I'm not a 'failed chemist', I got A*AAA in the three sciences and maths, I just enjoyed biology more so pfft.
I forgot to mention that I'm interest in mathematics too. Everyone who is/ want to become a physicist would agree with me that it is very useful for Physics. It is a good addition to mathematics in my opinion, as Physics contains a lot of calculations and require the ability to reason as well as in mathematics.
Reply 48
Original post by HenryD
Physics by far.
Physics is applied Maths, Chemistry is a branch of physics, biology is applied chemistry. Just saying.

This.
Everything boils down to mathematics... I like to think of it like evolution... all science subjects have a common ancestor: Mathematics.
Reply 49
Original post by When you see it...
Yawn.

... Well alright then. I'm not knocking biology and chemistry, just pointing it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I take Human Biology, and I can tell you right now it's not just memorising useless facts, and all the stupid people dropped out after AS.

Human Biology is very interesting, and goes hand in hand with chemistry due to the large amount of Biochemistry that's learnt. I don't think one is better than the other, since they need each other.

Physics, while interesting, is very difficult and like someone said, quite a lot of it is just theory and not a whole lot of facts.
who is saying they are stupid? is my english that bad that is making you read my words saying they are stupid? is not even imply they are stupid.

It was what another poster said. I got the impression you were defending his point of view.
If that is incorrect I apologise.
Reply 52
Original post by madfish
That like saying someone who takes maths uses the same level of thought when solving trig problems as Euler did when he was trying to find proofs for it...

It's just stupid

It's easy to drive a car but it wouldn't be easy to build one, would it?

It's easy to learn Biology but not easy to discover it.

What is so hard to comprehend about that?

your analogy making no sense you need to explaining it.
if you are attacking lower level biology is completely fair, but if you are attacking biology as a science by saying is no problem solving / thought process you are wrong.

you will finding a lot of thing you are learning in all low level science you are not understanding fundamentally anyway, in all science. most of low level science is over simplified anyway and is learned in same way religion is learned. reading from textbook and trusting sources, no personal understanding, no scepticism for experimental method and evidence, just being good and learning a text book.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 53
your analogy making no sense you need to explaining it.
if you are attacking lower level biology is completely fair, but if you are attacking biology as a science by saying is no problem solving / thought process you are wrong.

you will finding a lot of thing you are learning in all low level science you are not understanding fundamental principles anyway. most of low level science is over simplified anyway and is learned in same way religion is learned. reading from textbook and trusting sources, no personal understanding, no scepticism for experimental method and evidence, just being good and learning a text book.

Okay, to prevent you losing any sleep tonight:

Biology requires a thought process; just a minuscule amount compared to Physics or Chemistry
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 54
I enjoy biology, chemistry AND physics to be honest. I have great tutors who make it very interesting. But my main interest does lie in biology with a healthy interest in chemistry too. Biology is great for disease, parasites, disorders and illnesses. I'm very interested in that side of biology.
Reply 55
Physics so far but when I get my results tomorrow, don't think i'll be liking it so much haha Detest biology so effin' much... Too much memorizing not much thinking imo :colondollar:
In order of interest: biology, physics, chemistry.

In order of difficulty (easiest first): chemistry, physics, biology.

I love learning about how the world works, hence the biology because of things like learning how the body works.

In physics, I find the quantum physics particularly interesting and inspiring. It's so mind boggling though, can never quite get my head around it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 57
someone who is passionately against a particular science enough to attack it is meaning they did not do as good in it as they expected of them self.

I am not attacking science

I love science

I simply said biology alevel does not require as much thought than Physics or Chemistry

You obviously don't think so, so what. Go tell someone who actually cares about you and your feeble argument
Reply 58
Ah the wonders of people at school-level thinking biology is "easy" and "just memorising a lot of facts". Bless.

All A Levels bar maths are pretty much just fact recollection and criticising how interesting they are based on the type of learning is a bit petty.

I find the whole natural world interesting but life stands out for me. There are so many levels of understanding to biology thus you can end up with such varied and integrated knowledge.

And for those who think it's an "easy" science: All of my physical sciences friends can't keep up with Biology beyond GCSE. I had a discussion with a physicist once who agreed that they can often not understand biology because of the different way of thinking. E.g. In physics you divide a problem up and understand the parts. Then when you put them back together you understand the big picture. In biology the more you divide up the problem, usually, the more complicated it becomes.
CAN I JUST SAY:

Just because something is more difficult, doesn't make it better/more interesting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending