The Student Room Group

"There are two types of people who get acne.....

1, people who are drug addicts or two, people with really bad genetics. If you're not a druggie, blame your parents for making you ugly."

how would you react if someone said this to you? When there are other people laughing the comment too (in public).
(edited 11 years ago)
Most likely with violence.
Reply 2
That's downright disrespectful, would confront the person who said that.
I would do everything in my power to give them acne. No idea how I would accomplish this, but I'd give it a damn good try.
Reply 4
I think it depends on what type of person you are... if you are the type to confront someone (my guess is you aren't) then by all means go for it... but if you are looking for some serious advice... then either stay away from the bully... tell someone who can deal with it or ignore it and talk to the friendly people on a forum :smile:..

To help you out here, 90% of people get acne at some point in their lives... it's nothing to worry about and if you leave it alone... you don't end up keeping it after your teen years, acne is toxins in your skin, this can be from many things, foods, drugs, environment, or you are just unlucky.
id just pick up on one of there major flaws such as their **** shallow personality
As someone with acne, I would give them the biggest stink face I can muster, then go home and cry :frown:
"I wonder which type would be justifiable for you? Seeing that you've got quite the few zits too.."

I hate people like that. Hate them.
People like that are not worth your time, or your tears.
I don't so drugs,my parents and grandparents didn't have acne yet im still getting acne in my 20s so that's a load of bs

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Bull crap
Probably **** on their face and give them "crapne"
Original post by RazaKaMazaa
1, people who are drug addicts or two, people with really bad genetics. If you're not a druggie, blame your parents for making you ugly."

how would you react if someone said this to you? When there are other people laughing the comment too (in public).

Yeah and anyway, since when is someone 'ugly' just for having a few spots?:hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
To be honest, I'dve probably equalled them in rudeness and crudeness and said something stupid back, commenting on how their mother/father didn't mind my acne whilst I was shagging them or something. You really have to get down to their level for them to understand you won't take their **** lightly anymore. It also tells them you're strong enough to brush off their playground insults. But the important thing when other people are around is to make your retort funnier than their comment.

I wasn't born with this very important defence mechanism, I developed it in a puberty full of insecurity. Its served me well as a shortarse, not-exactly-skinny girl all throughout my life since, especially with men.
Reply 13
To be honest I think the main problem for people getting acne is the food and drink they eat. I used to get terrible acne, I drank too much fizzy, ate the wrong foods but i've got rid of all that crap in my diet, started eating fruit, and healthier options. Drank water instead of fizzy, I still have the odd coke but only once on a Saturday, maybe a Sunday too if I'm feeling hardcore haha.

I think creams do help, and they definitely make a difference but I honestly believe that the right diet helps even more.

Also plenty of vitamin C helps the skin.

I know this isn't strictly everyone, and I feel for some who do genuinely have a problem with acne. Also how is it related that people who get acne are ugly? When their spots or skin clear up they will still be just as gorgeous as they were beforehand.
Tell them to stop being a w***** and I don't know what else I'd do. Launch into a massive rant at them about the fact that they're clearly a complete praat?
I like to think I would say something good but I usually get lost for words in those situtations and end up using a standard insult.

What drugs cause acne? Is it even a side effect of any normal recreational drug? Acne has got to be at least 90% genetic.
Reply 16
I would tell them that I am suspicious that they would be unable to back up their claim under further pressure. Upon their prompt demonstration of my assertion (which I feel confident they would provide) I would consider myself the victor of this conversation and move on.
Acne could be caused by many things, including diet, genetics, as a side effect to certain medications, or hormone levels.
Reply 18
Acne is mostly caused by diet and hormones. Eating enough, as well as healthily, goes a long way to improve skin. That's just a benefit of overall good health. Hormones play a huge role in acne as well. I was almost completely acne free until recently, because I have really low levels of testosterone from an endocrine disorder. Last year I finally started moving towards normal levels, and now I constantly have mild acne despite good hygiene. :s-smilie:

That person is just a prick. No sense in wasting your time and breath trying to argue them out of their ways.
Reply 19
Get there face well acquainted with a 2x4 and see if they still like to crack wise ones about other peoples looks after that..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending