The Student Room Group

Am I considered attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Your face is attractive but low self-esteem is not.

You need to convince your self that you're great and that it doesn't matter what other people think of your physical appearance, but what they think of your personality.

Personally for me confidence is one of the most attractive features anyone can have. If someone was below average in the looks department (which you are not by the way), but had confidence in themselves and their value of a human being they become 10X more attractive to me. I'm also a strong believer that the longer you know someone and the more you like them as a person the more attractive they become as a result of attachment. And the more you dislike a person, the more prominent their imperfections (made up or not) become.

I had very low self esteem throughout middle school and most of high school. There were times when I thought I was really ugly, that no-one liked me, that I'd never be happy. I let people walk all over me, make fun of my facial features (my eyes are too big apparently) and I didn't make very good friends.

At the end last year of high school and beginning of college I sort of snapped. I stopped caring so much about what other people thought about me or my looks, my opinions everything, and focused on developing my self as a human being. I dropped the people who dragged down my self worth and started talking to other people, I don't stop myself from joining a conversation and saying what I think, or laughing at something I find funny. Sometimes I can look at myself in the mirror and go: 'You know what? I'm ****ing attractive'. I made some really great friends, and I haven't gone home in tears after a day at school in almost two years. Because I worked on my self worth and starting liking myself as a person, I became more attractive to myself. And of course sometimes I look in the mirror or at a photograph of myself and think to myself what ugly tree I did I fall from hitting all the branches on the way down? But these thoughts don't bother me any more because they're few and far between.

I'm sorry that this has kind of turned into a rant, but I see so many of these threads of people asking if they're attractive and sometimes it just really gets to me. I hope you can build on your self esteem and that something I said might help you, because I cannot begin to explain how much my life has changed over the past couple of years because of one small decision to think about what I thought of myself instead of what other people thought about me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Anonymous: *Posts self portrait*

They'll never know :holmes:
Reply 22
Original post by sausageez
u're pretty hot, i totally would :wink:

That's something guys say... girls look cheap saying that... just sayin'

Double standards huh?
yeah, you're attractive.

confidence is an attractive feature though!
Reply 24
Original post by Ayesha1234
You look fine :smile:

Pfft, and yet if I say this to a girl when she says "What do you think of this outfit?" she goes mental. :confused:
Reply 25
You're a 'pretty' guy. That doesn't seem to go down well with teenage boys so maybe that's why you've had a tough time. Work on the confidence and it should be plain sailing from here on out though. :wink:
Reply 26
Original post by SamHedges
Anonymous: *Posts self portrait*

They'll never know :holmes:

Yeah I laughed at that too.
Original post by Schichtoe
Pfft, and yet if I say this to a girl when she says "What do you think of this outfit?" she goes mental. :confused:

Haha that's true :tongue:
I think you are :tongue:
Reply 29
You'd get the D
Reply 30
He
Reply 31
Hey, you have nothing to worry about.
ive been there, I could talk to you about my experience.
do you have Skype ? Tell me, I'll add you
Reply 32
Of course, i see a bit of cristiano ronaldo ;P
Original post by Anonymous
...my dad is southern Italian and my mom is Scandinavian...

Really? You look kinda oriental to me
Reply 34
You're pretty cute OP :wink:
Reply 35
Lack of confidence
2/10

would not bang

p.s I'm a guy

no homo
Reply 36
this guy is a fake
Reply 37